First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
I answer emails all day.
Kinda curious what everyone keeps in their truck?

I just have a basic kit (hammer, sockets, screw drivers, etc), and tie ratchet straps. Feel like I should have more stuff and be better prepared…

A penny for your thoughts?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hydraulic bottle jack
Furniture blanket
21 mm socket, breaker bar and 3 inch extension
First aid kit
TP...lol
Pressure gauge
Tow Rope
Rags

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
If you have a powerboost or a 2kw inverter truck, don't forget your extension cords and dogbone converters for the 240a socket if equipped (only on 7.2kW trucks do the generator plug adapters have use-case).

- Assorted electrical cords and adapters for the PPOB
- Various recovery straps, various tie-down / ratchet straps, a couple moving blankets and tarps
- 120v Air compressor w/ coiled hose, various air implements for inflating tires / tire pressure /etc
- A couple tool bags with basic drills/drivers/impacts
- Lock picking tools, hand pump inflator device for wedging open car doors for unlocking
- First aid kits (small and large, includes misc OTC meds / allergies / etc...)
- Various items that go into the hitch receiver like tri ball / recovery point
- 4ga 20' jumper cables
- Decent pair of mechanics stye gloves and 2 pairs of helper-rated gloves
- Couple microfiber towels, roll of paper towels
- Misc hand tool box set, breaker bar and larger deepwalls w/ extensions.
- Angle grinder with various cutting disks (goes with the above lock stuff)
- Spare change of clothes and shoes

That's the typical load out. Most of it fits in 2 clear plastic containers (makes finding things a little easier seeing through the walls), All of it fits into the back cab floor w/ seats up. Just got a swing-out truck box for the passenger side bed to hold the factory jack due to audio system removing it from cab (currently sitting in one of the plastic tubs)

Last edited:

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
I have a small (~60 pieces) Craftsman tool set (sockets, ratchets, wrenches, screwdrivers) that's been in every one of my vehicles since 2003, (bought it at the old sears in Post Oak Mall: Gig Em!).

Tape measure, utility knife, washcloth sized towels in the rear driver door pocket. A few padlocks across different tool bags of straps and rope.

In addition to some of the other items already listed by others, I have an under seat bag that fits under the 1/3 section on rear passenger side (bought on Amazon) where I keep a rain jacket, a light jacket, some spare socks, a t-shirt, some mechanic type gloves from harbor freight.

Bag from Amazon:
https://a.co/d/dK6m95C

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I keep way to much stuff. 😆

1/4 & 3/8 ratchet sets inch and metric 7mm - 21mm 3/8 -3/4 deep and shallow. Nut driver for 1/4 sockets.

17, 19, 21, deep impact sockets.
30" breaker bar

Regular, needle nose vise grips

Channel lock pliers needle nose pliers. Diagonal cutting pliers

#1 & 2 Phillips small and large straight blade screwdrivers, eyeglass screwdrivers. Multi bit set with driver, torx,, Allen, and others.

25" prybar.

Shop rags, leather gloves, box cutter knife, heavy utility knife. 40' of rope. Razor blades tape measure.

30-foot Keeper tow strap and shackles. 2x6x15 wood block for jacking on soft ground.

Zip ties about 20 from 8" to 30" 2 coat hangers for wire. Duct tape, electric tape.

Multiple ratcheting tie down straps 10'

First aid kit, tweezers, nail cutter cold pack, blanket, gauze pads. Bic lighters, waterproof matches,

Usb cables

NOCO jump pack 2000a

Magbase O-light, mag light.

Tire pressure gauge.

ODBmx+ for checking and clearing codes.

And my old man reading glasses! 😆

Last edited:

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
In the cab ...

Lock back knife, tire pressure gauge, several pairs of work type gloves, first aid kit, 12v air compressor, jump pack, large tarp, paper towels, rain suit.

In the bed ...

20' chain, round point shovel, bucket o' ratchet straps, 4 way lug wrench, heavy duty screw jack, basic mechanic's and electrical tools, hvy rope tie down, friction type clamps, for the tailgate clamp pockets and the most used tool in the whole truck ... A mortar hoe, used as a reach extender, under the tonneau.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Hydraulic bottle jack
Furniture blanket
21 mm socket, breaker bar and 3 inch extension
First aid kit
TP...lol
Pressure gauge
Tow Rope
Rags
I understand the 21mm and breaker bar, I carry the same because factory lug tools suck. Why the 3 inch extension? 🤔

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
  • 12-volt tire inflator
  • Good tire gauge
  • Harbor Freight torque wrench with 3" extension and socket for lug nuts
  • Hands-free head-band type 'flashlight'
  • Jumper cables
  • Window cleaner
  • Roll of paper towels
That's all, folks!

When on a towing trip I carry a much more extensive tool bag in the trailer.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
20 inch chainsaw, 16 inch chainsaw, pre-mix, bar oil, 10 foot of chain, big prybar, bfh, paper towel. (never know when you might find that piece of special wood to make a bowl from)

Nothing to fix the truck other than a cell phone to call someone to come get it. It's not supposed to break anyway is it? LOL I think I've messed up my morning meds!

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Kinda curious what everyone keeps in their truck?

I just have a basic kit (hammer, sockets, screw drivers, etc), and tie ratchet straps. Feel like I should have more stuff and be better prepared…

A penny for your thoughts?
I have two Undercover Swingcases on my truck. One side is a comprehensive toolkit (pretty much everything), a roll of gorilla tape, lots of spare parts for mountain bikes (brake pads, chains, cables, sealant), plus tire plugs and sealant for the truck. The other side has tie downs, cargo net, tow rope, ratchets, and a few electrical adapters and cords for my Powerboost outlets. Inside the truck I carry a Noco Boost jump start charger, a fairly well equipped first aid kit (even surgical glue), a Dewalt tire inflator, and window cleaner/paper towel.

On long trips I'll mount two 5 gallon/20L jerry cans of fuel in the back also, plus a bin with oil, antifreeze, tire socks, and windshield washer fluid.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
In addition to pretty much everything listed here (except the chainsaw) this is the best thing I carry:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/2967-20

along with a set of wheel lug impact sockets.

This driver has enough torque to run up the scissor jack and get the car in the air and then break the lugs loose. I change 2 or 3 tires a month (not mine, strangers) and this bad boy makes it a breeze.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
That's all, folks!
Lest anyone think that the value of spontaneity is beyond me, we were on our way to visit out of town family and I decided to extend the trip to Memphis, afterwards.

The Wife looked at me and said "But I didn't pack for that!"

I said, "Darlin, we got a cellphone and a Mastercard. Ain't nothin we might need, that they won't have."

We had a blast. A couple days of Blues and BBQ, then back home.
Sponsored