What do you like about your powerboost?

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
So I have a 2022 F150 lariat powerboost on order waiting to be built. I own a 2013 F150 FX4 that has the eco-boost 3.5 and love it. I’m excited about the new powerboost motor and would like to hear some of the things that people like about it. I have a travel trailer and will be using the pro power for dry camping.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
I've used the generator to power a small air compressor and an air powered T post driver for setting up a fence around a garden (I need to make a thread on that). It worked really well. I look forward to using it for setting T posts around the property.

I also look forward to using it in any outages with extension cords. Eventually I'll get a re-wired transfer switch for the neutral/ground issues, but I'd need to do some figuring on what circuits to pull out and re-wire. For the time being, knowing I can run extensions to keep the fridge/freezer going and not lose food, is awesome.

At some point, we'll do the camping thing with it I'm sure, so write up your experiences in that regard so we can see.

Good luck on your build!

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
I've used the generator to power a small air compressor and an air powered T post driver for setting up a fence around a garden (I need to make a thread on that). It worked really well. I look forward to using it for setting T posts around the property.

I also look forward to using it in any outages with extension cords. Eventually I'll get a re-wired transfer switch for the neutral/ground issues, but I'd need to do some figuring on what circuits to pull out and re-wire. For the time being, knowing I can run extensions to keep the fridge/freezer going and not lose food, is awesome.

At some point, we'll do the camping thing with it I'm sure, so write up your experiences in that regard so we can see.

Good luck on your build!
Thanks. I would love to see your project when it’s done. Can’t wait to use the pro power

Sponsored

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
I just love how flexible the powertrain is. I get really decent MPG in the rolling hills around me. The powertrain is really good about killing the ICE and going into EV mode without you doing anything. And when you need to hoof it, there's lots of grunt.

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
I just love how flexible the powertrain is. I get really decent MPG in the rolling hills around me. The powertrain is really good about killing the ICE and going into EV mode without you doing anything. And when you need to hoof it, there's lots of grunt.
That’s awesome.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Power off the line is great. Today I had a small sedan pull to my right at a stop light. A short distance ahead I had a left to make at the next light (I was in the left turn only lane). I figured he saw a big truck and thought, I'll get ahead of this guy on the green and cut in front of him. He ended up pulling in behind me at the next light and I didn't have to exert the truck. (Neither of us floored it, but I had plenty of reserve power if he wanted to call the move.)

The acceleration from 70 to 90 is smooth, quick, and easy to not notice because of the calm ride, so be aware of your speed. I have CCD, but I've heard that the ride without CCD is also smooth.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
My 21' platinum Powerboost is the biggest investment i have ever made in a vehicle. Though first 6 months were frustrated by the generator faulting whenever there was rain or snow or after car wash ...that has been corrected.
Now i love this truck for many reasons.

So smooth .
So strong carrying anything i need.
Loaned it to my 20 year old son and his buddies to go on a camping trip and the all said they never thought a truck could be that comfortable. They were also impressed that the info screen was bigger than their ipads .
Perfect for tailgating now.
The PB can, in an emergency charge a dead tesla that ran out of electrons ..
Just yesterday made a 628 mile highway trip on one tank and the computer had 46 miles range left when i arrived .

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Without doubt for me, it's the 7.2 generator. Replacing the 2 Hondas. priceless. Well, actually, 50k worth of priceless.

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Without doubt for me, it's the 7.2 generator. Replacing the 2 Hondas. priceless. Well, actually, 50k worth of priceless.
I have a couple Honda companion generators also. Will be nice not having to lug those around

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I’m enjoying that today in the Home Depot parking lot I didn’t see a TRX or a RaptorR, so unless a Whipple was hiding under a hood, I had the fastest most powerful truck in the lot 😊
Sponsored