First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I think the old ones were chrome only on the outer "visible" parts i.e. only as deep as the spokes with the main interior of the wheel uncoated - you can see them flaking from that inner boundary in the picture I posted.

Not sure about the new ones - if that was a picture of the wheels on your King Ranch, I don't think they are PVD, they are machined aluminum, no coating.
They were, I just remember on the lips of where the tire started it seemed like you could see a line where the PVD ended, I can't on these. I think you are right for it's not as shinny as the front but I could not see the line on the front like my 2018s. Oh well
Sponsored

OP
OP
papa.charlie

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
Hey Crew. Based on feedback from this thread and a bunch of others on the forum I threw together an inspection check-list. You can either print the attached pdf or if you're the digital type, you can view it on your mobile device while at the dealer with the below google doc.

I tried to mostly include stuff you should find before driving off the lot but there's also a section that's for stuff likely to be covered by warranty if found after driving away.

Hope some of you find this helpful. :)

Open Google Doc

Attachments

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Hey Crew. Based on feedback from this thread and a bunch of others on the forum I threw together an inspection check-list. You can either print the attached pdf or if you're the digital type, you can view it on your mobile device while at the dealer with the below google doc.

I tried to mostly include stuff you should find before driving off the lot but there's also a section that's for stuff likely to be covered by warranty if found after driving away.

Open Google Doc
Outstanding! Get me a clipboard and a pen!

Great job, if you make a second rendition, maybe add a notes box/space?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Here is an example also on why to do a walk and around and check things pretty good even after a service or tire work.

I was hoping I was over with 2020 crappy year.

Some may remember I was swapping my stock tires for Michelin Defenders. I made dealer with the dealer to do the tire swap.

I took my truck up there today and got my tires. He still owed me a full tank of gas so salesmen rides with me to pay.

I start pumping the gas and do a walk around. I started checking the wheels because I have had damage done to a wheel before, while mounting tires.

I'm checking my wheels and my eyes about come out of my head. I check another and another and every wheel had a least two places with a huge scratch like these on them.

I showed to my sales man when he came back from paying for the gas. He could not believe it himself. He calls the GM/Owner up and tells him to start heading outside to the service dept as we are heading back.

So, it was not pleasant, for the idiot that did this, got fired and they told me 4 new wheels will be ordered and they would fill my tank again when I come back to get the new wheels.

I mean how do you not see this while you are mounting tires on the wheel and then mounting on the truck.

I know the owner a little and the salesman said he had never seen him this angry. I'm sure these wheels are probably $800 each at their price.

1611364989507.jpeg

1611365016312.jpeg
I just came across your post. That’s just horrible. I can only imagine how pissed you must have been upon discovery.

I had a similar thing happen on my former ‘18 XLT albeit not as noticeable as yours.

I had the dealer swap out tires at 500 miles. After a couple of days I noticed a wide scuff mark on one of my nice factory wheels. I checked the remaining three, all had the same scuff marks. Not horrible, but there nonetheless.

I probably should have said something, but being it was a leased vehicle I just let it slide.

As you said, be sure to check your wheels after service work!

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just came across your post. That’s just horrible. I can only imagine how pissed you must have been upon discovery.

I had a similar thing happen on my former ‘18 XLT albeit not as noticeable as yours.

I had the dealer swap out tires at 500 miles. After a couple of days I noticed a wide scuff mark on one of my nice factory wheels. I checked the remaining three, all had the same scuff marks. Not horrible, but there nonetheless.

I probably should have said something, but being it was a leased vehicle I just let it slide.

As you said, be sure to check your wheels after service work!
Yeah for sure, they called me yesterday and told me my new wheels are in. Going tomorrow to get them put on, you know I will be checking it all over again then too.

I posted here about checking your vehicle out on delivery, to look for rust underneath.

Back in 2015 they had new trucks showing up with a lot of rust on the undercarriage. Looks like many did and have found a lot of rust on days old vehicles in 2021. Nice to see some folks heeded my warning. Lol

There is a whole thread now with a bunch of unhappy new truck owners with rusty undercarriages.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah for sure, they called me yesterday and told me my new wheels are in. Going tomorrow to get them put on, you know I will be checking it all over again then too.

I posted here about checking your vehicle out on delivery, to look for rust underneath.

Back in 2015 they had new trucks showing up with a lot of rust on the undercarriage. Looks like many did and have found a lot of rust on days old vehicles in 2021. Nice to see some folks heeded my warning. Lol
Hope all goes well with your new wheels. Wouldn’t surprise me if owner looks over the tech’s shoulder to make sure nothing happens. Haha.

I had no idea about rusty axle issues until the thread came up. It’ll be etched in my brain for next time I’m taking delivery that’s for sure!

Anyway, enjoy that second free tank of gas. Least they can do for you.

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hope all goes well with your new wheels. Wouldn’t surprise me if owner looks over the tech’s shoulder to make sure nothing happens. Haha.

I had no idea about rusty axle issues until the thread came up. It’ll be etched in my brain for next time I’m taking delivery that’s for sure!

Anyway, enjoy that second free tank of gas. Least they can do for you.
You right, he better. Don't think every square inch of those wheels will be checked. Lol

Last edited:

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
that stinks. I'm glad that you're getting it taken care of.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Your fuel gauge should show full. These trucks ship with very little fuel, and most dealerships should fill the tank before you drive it home.
I was charged $54 on my build sheet for a Fuel charge. I should get a full tank.

Ford F-150 What To Look For On Delivery Inspection 2021-02-12_16-53-07

Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I was charged $54 on my build sheet for a Fuel charge. I should get a full tank.

2021-02-12_16-53-07.jpg
You should get a full tank without a fuel charge. But, every dealership is different.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
that stinks. I'm glad that you're getting it taken care of.
I was surprised they could even get replacement wheels so soon. I'm back and all is done and well inspected (the entire truck), they even filled my tank up!

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was surprised they could even get replacement wheels so soon. I'm back and all is done and well inspected (the entire truck), they even filled my tank up!
Good deal. Glad it was taken care of to your satisfaction. (y)

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT

Open Google Doc
I got what I need! Put me in Coach!

Got to see my truck on Saturday. It literally just came off the 18 wheeler. Dusty and all. lol I didn't do an inspection, as I figured I'd wait until pick-up day, which is Wednesday! They have a bunch of things they need to do to it first. Got my clipboard ready! Thanks!

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Posted this in the sticky as well - for those that have had issues, do you have them corrected before signing the paperwork or before leaving the dealership?
Sponsored