Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCREW Sport 5.0, 2021 F-150 SCREW Sport
Updated with physical checklist by @rd50078

Document Link: 2021 Ford F-150 Checklist.pdf

Midnight Delivery Inspection List:

*Try and take your vehicle for a test drive prior to signing!!!*

1. Check to make sure you have the right engine LOL This also includes checking to make sure you have the right trim! **
2. Ensure all engine fluids are at correct levels.
3. Ensure ownership, insurance and license documentation are present.
4. Ensure license plate is affixed!
5. Avoid picking up vehicle in rain or inclement weather as this can hide damage. Vehicle should be clean!
6. Check to make sure paint is accurate & exterior of vehicle is free from major dings/damage
7. Check for spare tire and road side service equipment (i.e., jack etc.)
8. Check body panels, ensure gaps are correct/similar between panels at the very least.
9. Check operation of all hinged trims/panels (Wipers, glove box, doors, tailgates, hood, rear seats etc.)
10. Check operation of all exterior and interior lighting.
11. Check operation of all interior accessories(i.e., Sunroof, outlets, USB/USB-C ports etc.)
12. *While on a test drive, check to ensure smooth operation of drivetrain and cabin noise (turn off radio until time to test sound system).

*Note any discrepancies from normal operation and don't be afraid to discuss with dealer.

**Your partner may find your giddiness and need to explain every detail of your new purchase/optioned trim annoying so keep smiling and tone down the excitement - just a bit - just while with that person :)

Please feel free to add to this. The other thread went off on a tangent so let's keep this about your personal experience with your 2021 or things you check for!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
One other thing to check when I took delivery of my 2019 Ranger the tires had 48lb of air in them and I have talked to quite a few others who have found the same problem. The tech didn't check the air pressure in the tires during PDI.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
Paint Chipping - Door edges, all around outside
Dash - do all the parts 'fit' well
Rear Seat 60/40, is the passenger side lined up with driver side (one doesn't hang/sit lower)
Rust on rear-end axle/chassis
dash side-panels, around radio area
drive - check turn signals, auto-cancel on turn
check all lights inspection-style
headlight moisture

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
For myself due to the forum comments about low batteries & Rust - I'm doing:

1. Face-to-face mtg with service mgr prior to truck deliverly & discuss:

a. Rust
b. Battery life / i.e. serviceability + charging
c. I will let him know that I'm physically going to run a teset on my battery with my Foxwell BT-715 tester. Runing a batty health test & a alternator charging test.
d. Road test & possible faults, btty issues after vehicle runs for awhile & shustdown -(Any Restart Issues).

2. Discuss Truck Fault codes

Sponsored

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.

1. Check to make sure you have the right engine LOL This also includes checking to make sure you have the right trim! **
5. Avoid picking up vehicle in rain or inclement weather as this can hide damage. Vehicle should be clean!
6. Check to make sure paint is accurate & exterior of vehicle is free from major dings/damage
8. Check body panels, ensure gaps are correct/similar between panels at the very least.
9. Check operation of all hinged trims/panels (Wipers, glove box, doors, tailgates, hood, rear seats etc.)
11. Check operation of all interior accessories(i.e., Sunroof, outlets, USB/USB-C ports etc.)
12. *While on a test drive, check to ensure smooth operation of drivetrain and cabin noise (turn off radio until time to test sound system).

*Note any discrepancies from normal operation and don't be afraid to discuss with dealer.

**Your partner may find your giddiness and need to explain every detail of your new purchase/optioned trim annoying so keep smiling and tone down the excitement - just a bit - just while with that person :)

Please feel free to add to this. The other thread went off on a tangent so let's keep this about your personal experience with your 2021 or things you check for!
I put this check list together for my Limited that is due in the end of the month. Please use as you see fit.

Attachments

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F150 Lariat ... 2017 Infiniti Q60S
Occupation
Retired
Excellent! Thx for doing this, really handy ... hopefully I'll get mine in early March (being built 12-Feb-21).

RickZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
One other thing to check when I took delivery of my 2019 Ranger the tires had 48lb of air in them and I have talked to quite a few others who have found the same problem. The tech didn't check the air pressure in the tires during PDI.
Not the one :)

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
Checking for dings and scratches is on the list but look specifically on the side windows. They won't be noticed unless looked for and can often occur during transport with rocks being kicked up.

Sponsored

DEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Toyota Tundra
Updated with physical checklist by @rd50078

Document Link: 2021 Ford F-150 Checklist.pdf

I agree totally with the inspection. It could save you some headaches later and they can't blame you for anything after you drive off the lot. I made the mistake of picking up a vehicle at night in the rain and got burned. The next day in the sun it looked like they washed it with a wash mitt full of dirt. The vehicle had swirl marks covering the entire body.
Now i have them do no cosmetic work during the pre-car delivery inspection and I tell them to deliver the truck dirty with all the tape left on. Every dealership i have ever used does not know how to wash and detail a new vehicle. I will wash it and clay bar it myself.

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4