Sponsored

What is your experience with Blue Cruise?

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I LOVE ACC and LKA, but they both get jerky and require the same sort of supervision that folks are reporting with BC. I imagine that Ford's issues with phantom 45 mph speed zones scattered over interstates are just as big of an issue for BC. I will get self driving some day, but at present it seems like ACC/LKA delivers most of the BC functionality AND foibles at a much lower price point. I don't mind highway/interstate only options, particularly if leaving off city driving gets us a usable product sooner and cheaper. But having never used BC, my big question is "What's different?"
Sponsored

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
Ever see the movie “Leave The World Behind”? Automated self driving vehicles are prone to cyber attack

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Ever see the movie “Leave The World Behind”? Automated self driving vehicles are prone to cyber attack
Anything connected to the internet is prone to a cyber attack.

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
Anything connected to the internet is prone to a cyber attack.
And in today’s world it’s a waiting game as to when it happens, where will you be, on the road or parked on your driveway? I believe Ford uses satellites for data transmissions which in the event of when it happens will fry your computer or control a vehicle’s guidance system which is part of the new blue cruise. Good luck 🍀

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
And in today’s world it’s a waiting game as to when it happens, where will you be, on the road or parked on your driveway? I believe Ford uses satellites for data transmissions which in the event of when it happens will fry your computer or control a vehicle’s guidance system which is part of the new blue cruise. Good luck 🍀
Ford uses LTE for data via At&T. We have a better chance of the power infrastructure to be compromised, which would give a much bigger target and reward for a group.

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It scares the crap out of my wife, but I'll use it occasionally. I don't like how it hugs the center line and the Wyoming wind will cause it to get confused and shut down. I will say the first time it tried to take an off ramp at 80mph it definitely got my attention and it's done that a few times since, but now I'm ready for it!
I don't drive on the interstate enough to make it worthwhile to purchase once the complimentary subscription ends.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
this 1.4 BC sounds incredible. hopefully i get it before having to throw money at it.

Xman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ram 1500, 2024 F150 Lariat on order
I'm considering the 2024 Lariat which automatically comes with BC and 90-day trial. I would prefer to just have Co-Pilot 2.0 which is no longer an option on this model. I will not pay for a subscription. My question to those who no-longer have an active BC subscription - What do you end up with? Adaptive cruise control and lane centering? I've searched the internet and owner's manual but can find no reliable information. Thanks in advance.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
I'm considering the 2024 Lariat which automatically comes with BC and 90-day trial. I would prefer to just have Co-Pilot 2.0 which is no longer an option on this model. I will not pay for a subscription. My question to those who no-longer have an active BC subscription - What do you end up with? Adaptive cruise control and lane centering? I've searched the internet and owner's manual but can find no reliable information. Thanks in advance.
Everything is the same on my 21 except it requires hands on the wheel.. Although there is no longer the blue cruise dash without the BC

Ford F-150 What is your experience with Blue Cruise? IMG_9940

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
It scares the crap out of my wife, but I'll use it occasionally. I don't like how it hugs the center line and the Wyoming wind will cause it to get confused and shut down. I will say the first time it tried to take an off ramp at 80mph it definitely got my attention and it's done that a few times since, but now I'm ready for it!
I don't drive on the interstate enough to make it worthwhile to purchase once the complimentary subscription ends.
My truck always does pretty good even on windy days on I-25 from Cheyenne to Sheridan, but that is only using lane centering. I'll be curious if BC is any different or better, but downside is it caps out at 80 mph where lane centering doesn't.

1Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Fx4
I have a 2023 with Blue Cruise and rarely use it but do like it for one reason it gets me out of competition mode when driving. Driving on the freeway in Los Angeles means if you leave a two-vehicle space between you and the car in front someone will dive in. So, you feel like a NASCAR driver most of the time. The other nice thing is you don't have to worry that by mistake you might be going 90 mph and now a cop you didn't see is behind you and when you look to see your speed you veer out of your lane a little "you know the story from there". Blue Cruise can keep you out of trouble!

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I like BlueCruise. It has worked very well for me. I have experienced only a few hiccups. I don't have the opportunity to use it much tough. I'm not often on interstates or other mapped highways. It is very doubtful I will subscribe after my complimentary service. The cost is just too high for my low usage. Even the 3 year $600 offer some have received is over priced for me. Even if I used the feature a couple of hours each day, its value to me is $100/year tops.

Xman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ram 1500, 2024 F150 Lariat on order
I have driven three 2024s with Blue Cruise without the subscription active, e.g., no hands-free. The symbology is changed from the CoPilot 2.0. One of the trucks would not increment speed in increments of 5 where the other two would.

How can you find out what version BC software is on the vehicle?

I haven't found a salesman yet that understands the details of how BC works. Several have not had a chance to use it but have watched the required instructional video.

Ford F-150 What is your experience with Blue Cruise? 1711737923276-uo
bology

mdn14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat PB SCREW
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I have driven three 2024s with Blue Cruise without the subscription active, e.g., no hands-free. The symbology is changed from the CoPilot 2.0. One of the trucks would not increment speed in increments of 5 where the other two would.

How can you find out what version BC software is on the vehicle?

I haven't found a salesman yet that understands the details of how BC works. Several have not had a chance to use it but have watched the required instructional video.

1711737923276-uo.png
bology
I hope that dash comes to the 21-23 model years... I think that looks much sharper than what we have now.
Sponsored