Sponsored

What is your experience with Blue Cruise?

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
I liked BlueCruise but found it limited. It turned off too often passing exits. It is limited to specific "limited access" highways. It biased me in my lane making passing uncomfortable without intervention (too close to big trucks) and it turned off on nearly every tight curve. I switched to OpenPilot (comma3x) and have not used BC since. I now have the capabilities on nearly every road (not just limited access highways). It is much more reliable and doesn't kick out nearly as often as BC and it makes driving way less nerve racking.
Sponsored

Supercub

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Mine quit working back in the spring of last yr after some OTA update. The dealer says it’s a known issue with no answer yet. I have lost a yr of the sub so far and not a an answer or fix yet. Thank you ford!

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 King Ranch
Occupation
Maintenance supervisor
I Live in Qc north of Montreal, with access to major Hyway in a matter of 16 minutes I use BC as often I can, first to see is limit and see when they update the software if it improve the ride for now you have to remain in high alert because the camera catch the speed panel on exit road some time.

slowing down pretty smoothly from 120 to 70 km/h but my wife get scared each time i use it,
I hope they will update their SW to make it even better, I like new stuff that make driving more enjoyable,

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Mine quit working back in the spring of last yr after some OTA update. The dealer says it’s a known issue with no answer yet. I have lost a yr of the sub so far and not a an answer or fix yet. Thank you ford!
What the dealer told you was wrong. I'm certain there are some in the this forum that can assist with getting it corrected or you need to seek out another dealer.

rockfish

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
IT Security
Early 2021 so I only had Bluecruise as a promise. March 16, 2021 delivery and it wasn't until March 23, 2022 that I used FDRS to update everything and get it working. This early version would drop when the stripes split off for an exit, get confused, etc. IT wonked but had some rough edges.

I recently FDRSed and downloaded everything to get to BC 1.4. I just got back from a 90 mile each way cruise on I35. Outstanding! Touch the turn signal and it changes lanes with out "hold the wheel" messages. Only dropped out once as I transitioned a construction zone so quite happy with the results.

I still don't like/use the predictive speed assist. Here in central Texas with lots of access roads adjacent to the interstate the F150 gets confused between the speed limits of the interstate and the access road. A 80 MPH to 55 MPH rapid transition while cruising the interstate with no traffic ahead can cause problems with the cars behind you.

Ultimately I tend to use it as an assist... keeping a hand on or near the wheel. Good thing too as an 18 wheeler drifted 3 feet into my lane as we were overtaking. I don't know if bluecruise would have avoided that accident as we were almost past... approaching the cab. I also like it during rush hour letting the F150 manage creeping forward and lane.
Jim, so you're confirming that we can now get BlueCruise 1.4 using FDRS? This is the first time I've heard anyone say they could get all the features including the lane change. If so, I'll probably be doing that pretty soon. I like BlueCruise 1.0 for long trips; I've gone 700-800 miles per day a few times and it really makes a difference. The updates sound great.

Sponsored

bikernut

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
.www.tristatebuildings.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Construction
Where I live, I have to drive 2 hours to get to the first interstate where Blue Cruise is supported - therefore, I have not had an opportunity to use it much.

I don't see many if any posts about Blue Cruise being unsafe or not working well for people - but I am curious.

How often (when it's available to you) do you use it?
Have you ever had any issues with it?

Appreciate your time.
I have a 2023 Powerboost Platinum. I'm not impressed with B/C. It's jerky at best around corners. I also noticed when I am in the hammer lane, it defaults closer to the center line, which really gets close to traffic in the right lane. Makes me uncomfortable, especially when passing semis. The truck does not have cameras all around it like the Tesla to react. If a semi drifted over, my truck would be toast. I use it sometimes, but mostly I rely on my own driving. I hope they push some updates to make it better, but until then no thank you.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have a 2023 Powerboost Platinum. I'm not impressed with B/C. It's jerky at best around corners. I also noticed when I am in the hammer lane, it defaults closer to the center line, which really gets close to traffic in the right lane. Makes me uncomfortable, especially when passing semis. The truck does not have cameras all around it like the Tesla to react. If a semi drifted over, my truck would be toast. I use it sometimes, but mostly I rely on my own driving. I hope they push some updates to make it better, but until then no thank you.
BC 1.4 has in-lane repositioning that moves the truck over if a large vehicle is passing you or vice versa.

Ford F-150 What is your experience with Blue Cruise? 1705677048082

bikernut

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
.www.tristatebuildings.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Construction
Do the trucks automatically update with the new software when they push it out or do you have to manually update the system? I’m not even sure what version mine is. How can you tell?

Supercub

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
What the dealer told you was wrong. I'm certain there are some in the this forum that can assist with getting it corrected or you need to seek out another dealer.
I live in Alaska, there is ONE dealer. I don't disagree with you that it can be fixed but not here thats for sure. In the meantime i have lost a year of subscription.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Do the trucks automatically update with the new software when they push it out or do you have to manually update the system? I’m not even sure what version mine is. How can you tell?
Yes, the updates will eventually come via the OTA process. If you mean what version of BC you have, it is 1.0. No truck has gotten 1.4 yet. At least not by traditional means.

I live in Alaska, there is ONE dealer. I don't disagree with you that it can be fixed but not here thats for sure. In the meantime i have lost a year of subscription.
Send me your VIN. Do you have FORScan? If you already had BC working and it stopped, it is most likely a very easy fix for the resident guru. You would need FORScan for him to fix it, though.

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Jim, so you're confirming that we can now get BlueCruise 1.4 using FDRS? This is the first time I've heard anyone say they could get all the features including the lane change. If so, I'll probably be doing that pretty soon. I like BlueCruise 1.0 for long trips; I've gone 700-800 miles per day a few times and it really makes a difference. The updates sound great.
Certainly as of 2/2/2024 ... the date I updated all SW modules via FDRS... the underlying SW supports. But 1.4 hasn't been made generally available and I don't know what changes are required by Forscan to enable. Those changes were made for me.

rockfish

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
IT Security
Thanks, can you clarify how those Forscan changes got done?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks, can you clarify how those Forscan changes got done?
The FORScan changes needed to activate the new version of BC have not been made public yet and most likely will not be until the update is officially released.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Even if you choose not to go down the FORScan route, @rugedraw could likely provide helpful information regarding updates your truck has received. Also, FORScan is simpler to use than FDRS and doesn't require the expensive Mongoose cable to use.
Sponsored