First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
Took my 2021 Platty in today for a blue cruise update and after picking up the truck I noticed my intelligent cruise has been removed, is this normal? Just trying to figure out what is going on. I used the intelligent cruise everyday…helps in preventing speeding tickets around town.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think Ford rearranged and nested a few features. It all gain. Nothing lost. Or at least I don't believe you lost anything

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Took my 2021 Platty in today for a blue cruise update and after picking up the truck I noticed my intelligent cruise has been removed, is this normal? Just trying to figure out what is going on. I used the intelligent cruise everyday…helps in preventing speeding tickets around town.
One of the SW updates... Changed intelligent cruise to speed sign recognition... or something like that. Same function.. you can have the truck react to speed limit signs or not.

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
I think Ford rearranged and nested a few features. It all gain. Nothing lost. Or at least I don't believe you lost anything
Nothing was lost. I found the intelligent cruise was bested into the adaptive cruise…actually makes more sense this way.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
I just posted this on another forum today:

IACC = Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control
ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control
LC = lane centering (does it's best to keep in in the center of the lane; used by BlueCruise)
LK = lane keeping (does not KEEP in you centered, per se, but will alert or aid (alert+knudge) you back one way or the other if you get close to either side of the lane)
SSR = Speed sign recognition

Essentially, IACC was ACC + LC + SSR.

There used to be separate IACC and ACC selections. An update removed the IACC, as IACC was simply ACC + LC + SSR. That update also moved the LC under ACC. SSR was always there.

These changes allowed you to select ACC, LC, and/or SSR independently.

Old video on IACC (before IACC was removed):

Also, here are a few limitations to the IACC I found in an article published back when I first bought my 2021 F150 (4/19/21):

• The speed limit information provided by the navigation map data could be inaccurate or out of date.
  • The system may not detect and read speed limit signs with conditional information, for example, when a sign is flashing, during specific time ranges, or when children are present.
  • The system does not set the vehicle speed to speed limits shown with a supplementary traffic sign.
  • Under certain conditions, the system may not adjust the vehicle speed until after your vehicle passes the speed limit.

Sponsored

Lou2538

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
retired
I just posted this on another forum today:

IACC = Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control
ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control
LC = lane centering (does it's best to keep in in the center of the lane; used by BlueCruise)
LK = lane keeping (does not KEEP in you centered, per se, but will alert or aid (alert+knudge) you back one way or the other if you get close to either side of the lane)
SSR = Speed sign recognition

Essentially, IACC was ACC + LC + SSR.

There used to be separate IACC and ACC selections. An update removed the IACC, as IACC was simply ACC + LC + SSR. That update also moved the LC under ACC. SSR was always there.

These changes allowed you to select ACC, LC, and/or SSR independently.

Old video on IACC (before IACC was removed):

Also, here are a few limitations to the IACC I found in an article published back when I first bought my 2021 F150 (4/19/21):

• The speed limit information provided by the navigation map data could be inaccurate or out of date.
  • The system may not detect and read speed limit signs with conditional information, for example, when a sign is flashing, during specific time ranges, or when children are present.
  • The system does not set the vehicle speed to speed limits shown with a supplementary traffic sign.
  • Under certain conditions, the system may not adjust the vehicle speed until after your vehicle passes the speed limit.
Thanks that was very helpful

Lou2538

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
retired
Thanks that was very helpful.
Sponsored