First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I searched the forums and didn't find anything definitive. Does anyone know of a good readable map of the roads deemed Blue Cruise ready? I found this link, but the map is so damn tiny in my area it's hard to tell (Houston).

Blue Cruise map
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
yea, the map in your fp app. they're in red I believe. Just zoom around in your area.

OP
OP
speedracercjr

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Interesting they are still reluctant to publish this map on their website. I hope they know they can update it for us as they add more roads.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Also, bc roads seem to appear as a pale blue on your roadmaps on your nav screen.

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
yea, the map in your fp app. they're in red I believe. Just zoom around in your area.
Yes, this is pretty consistent with what I experienced with BlueCruise driving from Dallas to St.Louis.

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
I don't think the map in the Ford Pass app is intended to show BlueZones in red. If that is the intent then the map is incorrect.

I actually don't think that BlueCruise is checking any map or database to determine whether one can go hands-free.

In my small city (not at all likely to have been visited by their testers) there are several 4-lane roads with medians. BlueCruise will go hands-free for short sections. Those streets are not highlighted in red on the map for the Ford Pass app. This means with certainty that some roads where BlueCruise is active are not in red on the Ford Pass app.

I would also be surprised if the Ford Pass app is designed with a legend keyed to BlueCruise when as best I can tell, many models use that app - and I was using the app when I did not have BlueCruise.

As best I can tell, BlueCruise checks to ensure you have at least two lanes going in the same direction and there is a median strip. If those conditions are met and you've gone far enough without needing driver input - it goes BlueCruise. Yeah, I'm sure there are other conditions that I don't know about, might be speed and some other factors.

Net effect is that I suspect the BlueCruise map is designed to impress with the amount of roadway they have confirmed is OK with BlueCruise rather than actually showing you where it will work. That's because BlueCruise is not limited to where they tested or to what is on that map.

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
FWIW here's an update based on my calls today:
-- Ford.com's chat feature offers a 'navigation' category. I contacted them and they were clueless about BC generally and the specific aspect of this thread, namely a detailed BC map. They passed me on to "Marketing"
-- As you can imagine, after calling "Marketing" it took a while before I circled down the organizational drain far enough to reach someone in 'new vehicle features'. Sadly, this person also knew virtually nothing about BC...but at least she was willing to research my Q. And my Q was this: I'm planning several multi-thousand mile trips this summer and want to take advantage of BC. Where do I go (BC app? on my nav screen? in FP app? Ford website?) to identify which highways are supported by BC? She created a case number and we set up a phone appointment for next week where she hopes to give me as much of an answer as exists right now. We shall see...but I'm not hopeful.
-- In the discussion, she offered several comments FWIW: She heard there will be a BC App (not part of FP), which is in development now and has a (Hah!) rollout goal of 3rd Qtr, 2022. And no, there is no other source that she could find that offers detailed BC mapping right now: Not FP, not on the Sync4 screen, nor on the Ford website.

I'll follow this thread and post a follow-up reply after the call from Ford next Thursday. FYI this is my first Ford product purchase and it's been enlightening to find what Ford does well and not so well. Love my F150 Powerboost...and the bonus is that my wife prefers it over her own car despite being initially worried about us buying "a truck". So that's the good news. But Ford has some pretty glaring weaknesses, it seems to me: New feature development is getting a lot of emphasis from them but execution at the customer end has been lousy. (Took one year to get my OTA problem solved). Given the massive shift to technology in new vehicle development, Ford sure seems weak in the IT end of things. And of course, customer communication has been generally nonexistent during the 1.5 year process of ordering, struggling to get delivery and resolving problems post-delivery. Jim Farley hosting Spotify interviews is not where his emphasis needs to be right now.

Sponsored

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
FWIW here's an update based on my calls today:
-- Ford.com's chat feature offers a 'navigation' category. I contacted them and they were clueless about BC generally and the specific aspect of this thread, namely a detailed BC map. They passed me on to "Marketing"
-- As you can imagine, after calling "Marketing" it took a while before I circled down the organizational drain far enough to reach someone in 'new vehicle features'. Sadly, this person also knew virtually nothing about BC...but at least she was willing to research my Q. And my Q was this: I'm planning several multi-thousand mile trips this summer and want to take advantage of BC. Where do I go (BC app? on my nav screen? in FP app? Ford website?) to identify which highways are supported by BC? She created a case number and we set up a phone appointment for next week where she hopes to give me as much of an answer as exists right now. We shall see...but I'm not hopeful.
-- In the discussion, she offered several comments FWIW: She heard there will be a BC App (not part of FP), which is in development now and has a (Hah!) rollout goal of 3rd Qtr, 2022. And no, there is no other source that she could find that offers detailed BC mapping right now: Not FP, not on the Sync4 screen, nor on the Ford website.

I'll follow this thread and post a follow-up reply after the call from Ford next Thursday. FYI this is my first Ford product purchase and it's been enlightening to find what Ford does well and not so well. Love my F150 Powerboost...and the bonus is that my wife prefers it over her own car despite being initially worried about us buying "a truck". So that's the good news. But Ford has some pretty glaring weaknesses, it seems to me: New feature development is getting a lot of emphasis from them but execution at the customer end has been lousy. (Took one year to get my OTA problem solved). Given the massive shift to technology in new vehicle development, Ford sure seems weak in the IT end of things. And of course, customer communication has been generally nonexistent during the 1.5 year process of ordering, struggling to get delivery and resolving problems post-delivery. Jim Farley hosting Spotify interviews is not where his emphasis needs to be right now.
I agree. Ford communications has been non existent. I have my BC because of my relentless pressure for a dealer Install. I will test it this weekend. One lesson learned for me is that I will never trust Ford when they say trust us we will add that feature later. If it’s not tested and in a truck they won’t get my deposit.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
Appreciate it. I should browse the Mach E forums some time, looks like they have similar issues and smart folks like us F150 owners.
They bought ugly looking SUVs with a name stolen from a legend. I wouldn't necessarily refer to them as 'smart folks' ... :D

J/K

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Re: my query about no Blue Cruise nav planning capability, I was promised a reply to my Case Number one week ago, but still have not heard from Ford's 'special features' rep in the marketing department. Apparently not a concern of Ford's that we can't plan trips to take advantage of the BC capability Ford spent gobs of money to build and promote.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
Question. My blue cruise icon shows the hands on steering wheel icon.
how the heck do I set it to go hands free?

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Question. My blue cruise icon shows the hands on steering wheel icon.
how the heck do I set it to go hands free?
Hands on Steering Wheel Icon means you have Lane Centering active. When you get to a Blue Cruise mapped piece of highway it will automatically change to Hands Free (and then back to hands on anytime there is something it doesn't like, like a real tight turn, etc.).

Net is though you have Hands Free, you need to be prepared at any moment to go hands on. It will alert and warn you, when needed.
Sponsored