Request VIN Lookup Thread

S14suspense

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost Lariat 502a FX4 Smoked Quartz
You've had that same update sent to you 6 times in the past 2-3 months and it keeps failing due to a software mismatch. Send me a pic of the entire "about sync" screen of your truck when you can. It looks like something got messed up when the dealer replaced your APIM. This is definitely not normal.
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread IMG_6172
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Stand by......consulting with the resident guru. I'll respond here when I have more info.

maad1618

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat 23 Expedition
Yeah not having any updates ever is what has me puzzled, I've read your threads and understand how the process works with the updates having to be available. Going back to the issue that started a few days ago, did they recognize files became unavailable on the server or maybe in my case have never been there at all 🤔
I don't know much about the OTA roll-out schedules for the Expos, but this what FDRS has showing pending. None of these updates are part of the sequence that gets you rolling towards a higher Sync version. It is believed that there is currently issue on Ford's side where certain module updates are not showing on Ford's side for vehicles. I have come across it in F150 and Mach Es. Apparently, it is affecting the Expos too and possibly all vehicles. Not enough is known about the problem now. I would suggest asking for another VIN check in a few weeks to see if something else pops up on the list, but either way, you would need FDRS to force the updates and there is nothing you can do to force an OTA.

1710702000133-3g.png
QUOTE="rugedraw, post: 436689, member: 8706"]
Tbh, I don't know if Ford knows there's a problem yet. We usually find out before they do. 🤷‍♂️
[/QUOTE]
Can you check me again? 1FMJU1M81PEA52695

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can you check me again? 1FMJU1M81PEA52695

Nothing has been sent to you OTA yet. All connectivity seems to be fine and your truck is talking to the cloud fine. No relevant DTC's being reported. The module updates you have pending are below and you're showing a GWM which is good. I have no good explanation as to why no updates, but your truck is fine.

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1713831253125-ut

Edit. Wait, you weren't showing a GWM update before. So this is progress.

maad1618

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat 23 Expedition
Nothing has been sent to you OTA yet. All connectivity seems to be fine and your truck is talking to the cloud fine. No relevant DTC's being reported. The module updates you have pending are below and you're showing a GWM which is good. I have no good explanation as to why no updates, but your truck is fine.

1713831253125-ut.png

Edit. Wait, you weren't showing a GWM update before. So this is progress.
I'll take progress, wishful thinking a log jam is going to break loose on it at some point. Will GWM deliver OTA?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'll take progress, wishful thinking a log jam is going to break loose on it at some point. Will GWM deliver OTA?
Not sure about the RGTM, but all the other modules can be updated OTA.

Are there a lot of ota issues with the expos?

maad1618

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat 23 Expedition
Not sure about the RGTM, but all the other modules can be updated OTA.

Are there a lot of ota issues with the expos?
It's never gotten an update released to it, I've found a few others online with similar vins and being on the same sync 4a 4.0.22277 and no updates. Sync indicates it's "up to date"

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
It's never gotten an update released to it, I've found a few others online with similar vins and being on the same sync 4a 4.0.22277 and no updates. Sync indicates it's "up to date"
If there is no active OTA trigger pending for the vehicle, it will always say it is up to date (or show the info of the last update it got if it got one). You can't guide yourself by that. This pdf from Ford shows what each vehicle's latest Sync version should be based on year and platform and is mostly accurate.

Attachments

KSUcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Limited
Can someone check my VIN for pending updates (or the latest that I received)? Got in the truck a couple times lately and had the gauges and My View go back to default, like I received an update but Ford Pass doesn't indicate anything since 3/14.

1FTFW1ED6MFB78296

Thanks

Sponsored

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Can someone check my VIN for pending updates (or the latest that I received)? Got in the truck a couple times lately and had the gauges and My View go back to default, like I received an update but Ford Pass doesn't indicate anything since 3/14.

1FTFW1ED6MFB78296

Thanks
Had the same thing happen to me recently. Expected to see notification of a new update that I received but found nothing on screen or Ford Pass. Puzzling what could be the trigger for the change without an update.

DanTerepka

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Can some one check Module Updates and OTA ?
1FTFW1E82MFA71779

I updated using FRDS abut 6-9 months ago and am wondering if its worth renting it for the weekend and doing it again.
Thanks In advance!

Kutch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Military
1FTEW1EP8MFB76412
Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD
Don’t know if the update can be rolled back or not.
Thank you!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can you look up my bin in both systems?

1FTFW1E8XMFB83486
The only OTA you got was 24-PU0223-VI-RBS just yesterday. It is believed that update if to open the door for more updates to start coming in for vehicle on Sync 23159 like yours. Hopefully you start getting more sooner than later. I don't have access to FDRS until later, but this is what PTS shows you have pending.

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1713888927981-rx

1FTFW1ED6MFB78296

Thanks
Last OTA you got was 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2 on 3/14 and nothing has been sent since then. The myview resetting happens to a lot of trucks even mine. There is no fix that I know if for that yet.

Can some one check Module Updates and OTA ?
1FTFW1E82MFA71779

I updated using FRDS abut 6-9 months ago and am wondering if its worth renting it for the weekend and doing it again.
Thanks In advance!
Due to the Sync version you're on, remind me after 7pm eastern when I have access to FDRS to check your VIN there. What I want to look for I cannot see with PTS.

1FTEW1EP8MFB76412
Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD
Don’t know if the update can be rolled back or not.
Thank you!
It can be rolled back, but I can't help you with that. I would message Jesse-Infotainment for to see if he can help you with that. It will require allowing him remote access to your laptop while the truck is connected with FORScan. If this is something you are comfortable with and you have FORScan, then message him. Otherwise, get FORScan first and then reach out.

DigitalG

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford F150 Harley Davidson 4x4; 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve AWD; 2019 Toyota CH-R; 2020 Tracker Off-Road LX4
Occupation
Wounded Warrior Social Worker; Retired from US Air Force
Could I get someone to run my VIN in PTS/FDRS for my '22 F350 King Ranch. I've had the truck for 2 years now and have not received a single update. Have inquired with my local Ford dealership during previous service appointments/recalls and they continue to say my truck is up to date. Sure would appreciate it!
VIN lookup request: 1FT8W3BT7NEC56057

I have a service appointment tomorrow morning (powertrain issue, inop camera) and will attempt to add the update issue to the list. Thank you!
Sponsored