Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
Ok ladies and gentlemen,

There are lots of threads on Dashcams, however....I am thinking I want to install a video data recorder, ideally wireless (2.4 or 5.8ghz) - 4k ish capability, with relatively cheap off the shelf Radio Controlled camera hardware which is small, lightweight, power efficient, and lacking wires (other than power).

For those of us without the 360Cam, I was thinking of replacing the top mount brake light bracket to include the one with the camera hole, then try to get a camera that would fit... but that's stupid expensive. So I think I am ok with a small camera looking out the back window from the inside.

Overall I know there are cheaper dashcam solutions that are well integrated like the FitCamX, but I was looking for a 4 camera monitoring solution. (front, back, sides) from inside looking out, without being that noticeable, or needing maintenance.

Has anyone achieved something similar? (Not concerned about interior looking cameras)
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Ok ladies and gentlemen,

There are lots of threads on Dashcams, however....I am thinking I want to install a video data recorder, ideally wireless (2.4 or 5.8ghz) - 4k ish capability, with relatively cheap off the shelf Radio Controlled camera hardware which is small, lightweight, power efficient, and lacking wires (other than power).

For those of us without the 360Cam, I was thinking of replacing the top mount brake light bracket to include the one with the camera hole, then try to get a camera that would fit... but that's stupid expensive. So I think I am ok with a small camera looking out the back window from the inside.

Overall I know there are cheaper dashcam solutions that are well integrated like the FitCamX, but I was looking for a 4 camera monitoring solution. (front, back, sides) from inside looking out, without being that noticeable, or needing maintenance.

Has anyone achieved something similar? (Not concerned about interior looking cameras)
my thinkware dash cam has a removable 132gb mini storage device.
i use that to download video about once a month
not sure how a separate dvr or the like would help my situation. but if you find out how to record the 360 camera data ...I AM ALL IN

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
my thinkware dash cam has a removable 132gb mini storage device.
i use that to download video about once a month
not sure how a separate dvr or the like would help my situation. but if you find out how to record the 360 camera data ...I AM ALL IN
Agree! I'm not excited about adding addtional cameras to my rig, but if there's a way to record the feeds from the 360 cameras already installed, that would be ideal!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Agree! I'm not excited about adding addtional cameras to my rig, but if there's a way to record the feeds from the 360 cameras already installed, that would be ideal!
its been brought before and i bet some are working on it.
there has to be tons of data on the camera feed
on my bus the cameras never shut off, 24/7 they see the world. but also way of capturing the information for long term or review
maybe ford is listening

OP
OP
PowerboostedF150

PowerboostedF150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
its been brought before and i bet some are working on it.
there has to be tons of data on the camera feed
on my bus the cameras never shut off, 24/7 they see the world. but also way of capturing the information for long term or review
maybe ford is listening
I hate to say it, but Tesla has it right! I could see it where insurance companies will demand that vehicles have 360 cams, with connected services, your claim, and / or innocence could be determined instantly, and the process or fines started! lol.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I hate to say it, but Tesla has it right! I could see it where insurance companies will demand that vehicles have 360 cams, with connected services, your claim, and / or innocence could be determined instantly, and the process or fines started! lol.
at least here insurance companies cannot assess you fines for speeding or accidents
but for me, in both accidents i have been involved with over the last 6 years, having video evidence made the solution real easy for my insurance company. they recovered costs of repairs from other persons insurance.
nit sure how it works in other states or canada
but my situation is if a person wrecks my vehicle, i file the claim with my carrier and get my vehicle in for repair, i dont wait on the the other persons company or their claim people. then my carrier does the rest and gets paid back for the repairs, and if its the other persons fault i get my deductible back. easy peazy
its their job as being the carrier. the non sense i hear people go though waiting on the other persons insurance to contact and get repairs going is crazy, and stressful.

case in point, a few years back a guy drove into me in a turn,( he went straight from next lane vice turning) because he was not from here and the marking on the road was not seen by him or?? didnt matter.
police cited him, fined him and i filed claim that afternoon, truck went to repair place the next morning, where i had a rental waiting, my truck got repaired in a week or so and i was back on road.
a few weeks later i get a call from the guys insurance telling me their guy was a fault and they would be paying to fix my truck. I said, its fixed , my insurance will be sending you the bill. she seemed miffed, but dammm was i to wait weeks until they decided to call?? NO NO NO
then a few weeks after i get a check for my deductible from my carrier

no hit on my policy.
and i have farm bureau insurance, and they always step up right away

OP
OP
PowerboostedF150

PowerboostedF150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
at least here insurance companies cannot assess you fines for speeding or accidents
but for me, in both accidents i have been involved with over the last 6 years, having video evidence made the solution real easy for my insurance company. they recovered costs of repairs from other persons insurance.
nit sure how it works in other states or canada
but my situation is if a person wrecks my vehicle, i file the claim with my carrier and get my vehicle in for repair, i dont wait on the the other persons company or their claim people. then my carrier does the rest and gets paid back for the repairs, and if its the other persons fault i get my deductible back. easy peazy
its their job as being the carrier. the non sense i hear people go though waiting on the other persons insurance to contact and get repairs going is crazy, and stressful.

case in point, a few years back a guy drove into me in a turn,( he went straight from next lane vice turning) because he was not from here and the marking on the road was not seen by him or?? didnt matter.
police cited him, fined him and i filed claim that afternoon, truck went to repair place the next morning, where i had a rental waiting, my truck got repaired in a week or so and i was back on road.
a few weeks later i get a call from the guys insurance telling me their guy was a fault and they would be paying to fix my truck. I said, its fixed , my insurance will be sending you the bill. she seemed miffed, but dammm was i to wait weeks until they decided to call?? NO NO NO
then a few weeks after i get a check for my deductible from my carrier

no hit on my policy.
and i have farm bureau insurance, and they always step up right away
That is a good thing to check on my insurance... only difference now, would be the rental would take 6 months since Ford can't seem to repair a wiper motor if the sales futures depended on it!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
That is a good thing to check on my insurance... only difference now, would be the rental would take 6 months since Ford can't seem to repair a wiper motor if the sales futures depended on it!
that is a very serious concern. parts back ups..
i get rental 30 days, then they have to renew rental at end and extend it., if required. IIRC its up to 90 days before they can start saying no, but base don past experience i wouls guess they would continue to provide one. i need to call my insurance guy to see

draggam01

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
retired
Ok ladies and gentlemen,

This one might be too expensive but I definitely want to buy it for my truck. If you tow then this has a wireless trailer camera. There are mixed reviews (if you tow a long trailer you need a (wired network extender(goes from front of the trailer to the back). Byte Tango BT11 Wireless 1080P Rear View Mirror Backup Camera System w/ BSD (haloview.com) There are definitely cheaper especially if you don't tow. :)
Sponsored