First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
So you just did speakers and keeping stock amp?
I'm 65. I have designed and built many many award winning car stuff and been a custom tuner for home theater. If you actually looked at the profile of some of these factory amps. Timing, distortion, DC offset, phase, ripple you woukd understand. I don't care how much someone spends on speakers you still are reproducing the crappy signal into the speakers. And I still stand by my statement that after market speakers are Way less efficient than factory speakers. Look at the data sheets. I have equipment that breaks down the output into visual data and it's amazing how bad the B&O is. I think speakers are a fundamental part of a complete system. I use planular at home. My point is if you think just doing speakers is the shitz then you are missing out.
I have a sound frequency measurement device that uses REW. The whole point of selecting good speakers is making sure they reproduce every frequency in there range without nulls or non leanar spikes. 5000 to 20 000 should be flat.
If that speaker is 10 bucks or 600 bucks it doesn't matter as long as it functions within the parameters.
Car audio speakers in frequency above 800hz are way less important than home audio. Being able to tune a car audio system is massive in the quality of sound. Simple xovers active or not are not enough.
I'm happy you like the sound. That's your truth and Im Not going to disagree. Put some money into a really nice amp (don't amplify line levels from factory amp) yuck and crap! Mate that to your speakers and do a good DSP like minidsp and you will be blown away!!! You have a good foundation
Sponsored

CarbonizedRCSB

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L RCSB Carbonized Gray
Where did you install the Kicker Key, I was watching Plug N Play and they were putting it in the dash but that was on a Super Duty...I don't think there is that much space on my 22 to do that.
That's where I put mine, It's a tight fit but will work.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Try this..........it works!!! I have a 21 F150 powerboost Lariat with B&O unleashed system. I have been happy with it for most songs played from "Spotify premium" but overall it seems like it just doesn't have much bass from powered subwoofer. The bass equilizer slide button makes bass muddier and adds a kind of low toned drone when you increase it. ( I ordered a Kicker Hideaway 10" to add to system but haven't got it done yet. ) ***** I read that subwoofers need to "break in" to loosen up suspension so I did an experiment. I requested music with deep bass from Spotify and they responded with a play list called "sub low" that has 150 songs that are filled with very crystal clear very dynamic sounds and incredibly deep strong clean bass. I played it at around level 15 for over 30 minutes and the bass the unleashed system was delivering was unbelievable! It made doors and armrest vibrate for sure. I swear after doing this and going back to my regular country (Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, etc) music that the bass has improved!!! Am I crazy? Anyone unhappy with current bass response, try some heavy deep bass music to exercise that subwoofer and "blow the carbon out of it" like we used to do with mom and dads Buick.....lol....Maybe I won't add the Kicker after all.
Sponsored