First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Re: Michael'sd suggestion just above - asking Ford to add to the FordPass functionality WRT ProPower start-up - one good time to do that is during one of their streaming video sessions. During the session there is a facilitator that generates text replies to streaming posts from the viewers, which might also produce some replies to Q's about FordPass. (FYI at the last session the facilitator replied to one Q that Blue Cruise was still on track to be deployed during Q3...so the trial period that some owners have been invited to participate in isn't apparently going to be that long). The next streaming session by Ford is scheduled for 9/9 at 1 p.m. PDT; you can find it on your FordPass app.

Lane Centering + Towing: I've seen and heard a mix of comments about using lane centering while towing, most of them negative. Apparently, LC steering corrections can induce trailer sway in some rigs. And of course there are lots of variables: TV hitch choice, TT weight and length, road & weather conditions, etc. FWIW I've so far found LC works reliably with my set up for speeds at or below 60 mph. I tow a 24' 5500# Lance two-axle trailer using a light Andersen WD hitch. We've got a travel loop coming up in two weeks - up the western side of the Rockies to MT and down the eastern side back to AZ - and I'm very interested to see how much LC will ease the driving while towing as 60 mph is typically the speed we most often tow at.

Jack
I too am towing a Lance, 2375, and waiting for a 2021 truck. And would love to hear how people’s experiences are towing these trailers.
Sponsored

blentre

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Power Boost Limited
I just heard from Jessie Jing at parkworld via email. He said it should be back in stock in the US early October.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I too am towing a Lance, 2375, and waiting for a 2021 truck. And would love to hear how people’s experiences are towing these trailers.

We have a 28ft double axle Dutchman Aspen trail trailer (5600 lbs from factory, haven't weighed it personally), and recently purchased a short bed CC F150 PB. Power wise it tows the trailer pretty well, but I did find that the lane keep assist induced sway at freeway speeds (60-75 mph). It did better at two lane highway speeds (sub 60 mph). The short bed on the new truck, when compared to my wife's 6.5 bed ram 1500, does feel less stable with crosswinds and steep declines, but not unsafe - just notable. I did not test the power boost, as we got one of the few camp sites with power at our destination.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I also have the 2.4kw and am wondering the same. I have a smaller TT with a single a/c, hoping it can at least power everything minus the a/c (powering the a/c would be a great bonus)
It should power everything, excluding the A/C. I currently use 2 Honda EU2000i gennys hooked in parallel. If I do not need A/C, I only run one and have never had any problems. Just don't use a hairdryer with, say, the micro.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Starting a thread but will put some various aspects as individual posts instead of one giant one, to make quote replies easier.

20210327_123228.jpg

I have a KR Powerboost FX4, and a Grand Design Imagine 2800BH. I use a Reese Steadi Flex weight distribution hitch.
If you don't mind, what is the cargo capacity as stated on the yellow sticker on the front door pillar?

Sponsored

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
If you don't mind, what is the cargo capacity as stated on the yellow sticker on the front door pillar?
Mine is a paltry 1265#. Fine for me and the wife, but we're over on the rare trips with both girls.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Mine is a paltry 1265#. Fine for me and the wife, but we're over on the rare trips with both girls.
I couldn't deal with 1265#. Between my wife and especially me, and the trailer tongue weight and the weight of the hitch, almost the entire payload would be gone. Hopefully, the PB 302A I've ordered will be in the 1550#-1650# category.

I'm spoiled with my current 2014 HDPP truck which is 2286#.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
So, I have thought about this a lot!

Here is what I decided to do. I got some 10/3 with ground wire and both male and female connectors.

The flat wire works great with my Diamondback cover. I used enough wire to come out and under the truck. I'll strap it there to be out of the weather when I need to use it.
IMG_20210822_183604320.jpg
IMG_20210822_183648164_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210822_183640862~2.jpg
Any chance on making these for forum members? Or know of any close to this commercially available?

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Any chance on making these for forum members? Or know of any close to this commercially available?
Nah. This one is easy. No soldering. Just wire cutters, strippers, and a screw driver.

ELEGRP NEMA L14-30P Locking Plug, Generator Twist Lock Adapter Male Plug, 30 Amp 125/250V 3 Pole 4 Wire Grounding, Industrial Grade Heavy Duty, UL Listed (1 Pack, Black/White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXQSYB...abc_CGN6XBSXZ8MWJ1RT347M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

ELEGRP NEMA L14-30R Locking Connector, Generator Twist Lock Adapter Female Connector, 30 Amp 125/250V 3 Pole 4 Wire Grounding, Industrial Grade Heavy Duty, UL Listed (1 Pack, Black/White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXQ24K...abc_CA5H6NQAYN70NMP0TF2T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And, a length of 10/3 with ground romex either online or from local hardware store.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Is there enough interest among the RV enthusiast to ask Ford to update the software that would allow us to start the truck, then generator utilizing the Ford Pass app.? On Cold winter mornings it would be a pain to have to go out and start Truck then Generator for that first cup of coffee.?
To be honest, this ability already exists in the FordPass App. Until recently that is, I will explain......

I live in an RV full time and I have used my Powerboost multiple times during shore power outages and boondocking. I must have accidentally discovered that you could remote-start the truck and then enable generator mode from FordPass because I did just that from the first time I tried. Later when I tried again and it didn't offer the choice to turn the generator mode on I had to figure out what had changed.
I quickly noted in FordPass that I was required to have a Bluetooth connection to the truck for FordPass to "extend" the functionality of the App.
Here is how FordPass describes the difference between a Bluetooth connection VS a cellular connection :

Ford F-150 Powerboost 7.2kW Towing Travel Trailer - First hookup and test results Screenshot_20211127-085713_FordPass

So I realized that I first do a normal remote-start with FordPass or the Keyfob. Then since the truck is close to the RV, I just verify that I have a Bluetooth connection to the truck and the additional extended functions of ProPower appear in the FordPass App!

But here's the sad news.....
Recently with either an OTA update, or a FordPass update, Ford broke the Bluetooth recognition of FordPass, so it only recognizes the connection as cellular regardless of a Bluetooth connection. Below is a screenshot of FordPass showing my connection as cellular even though I absolutely have a Bluetooth connection to the truck :

Ford F-150 Powerboost 7.2kW Towing Travel Trailer - First hookup and test results Screenshot_20211127-085640_FordPass

I have taken the trouble to track down the proper folks at Ford Customer service that are responsible for the FordPass development code. (it was an effort) They have detailed information of precisely what I have documented above and they seemed genuinely appreciative to have firsthand reporting and stated it will be addressed.
If that's true and I witness the fix, I will post here first. This is an awesome thread!

Sponsored

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
To be honest, this ability already exists in the FordPass App. Until recently that is, I will explain......

I live in an RV full time and I have used my Powerboost multiple times during shore power outages and boondocking. I must have accidentally discovered that you could remote-start the truck and then enable generator mode from FordPass because I did just that from the first time I tried. Later when I tried again and it didn't offer the choice to turn the generator mode on I had to figure out what had changed.
I quickly noted in FordPass that I was required to have a Bluetooth connection to the truck for FordPass to "extend" the functionality of the App.
Here is how FordPass describes the difference between a Bluetooth connection VS a cellular connection :

Screenshot_20211127-085713_FordPass.jpg

So I realized that I first do a normal remote-start with FordPass or the Keyfob. Then since the truck is close to the RV, I just verify that I have a Bluetooth connection to the truck and the additional extended functions of ProPower appear in the FordPass App!

But here's the sad news.....
Recently with either an OTA update, or a FordPass update, Ford broke the Bluetooth recognition of FordPass, so it only recognizes the connection as cellular regardless of a Bluetooth connection. Below is a screenshot of FordPass showing my connection as cellular even though I absolutely have a Bluetooth connection to the truck :

Screenshot_20211127-085640_FordPass.jpg

I have taken the trouble to track down the proper folks at Ford Customer service that are responsible for the FordPass development code. (it was an effort) They have detailed information of precisely what I have documented above and they seemed genuinely appreciative to have firsthand reporting and stated it will be addressed.
If that's true and I witness the fix, I will post here first. This is an awesome thread!
Thank You very much

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Thank you for taking the time and the diligence to track down and relay this info.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I couldn't deal with 1265#. Between my wife and especially me, and the trailer tongue weight and the weight of the hitch, almost the entire payload would be gone. Hopefully, the PB 302A I've ordered will be in the 1550#-1650# category.

I'm spoiled with my current 2014 HDPP truck which is 2286#.
You will be fine. I fitted out a 502a but dropped the heavy stuff (moon roof, power tailgate, power step) and I'm at 1565#. I have the same trailer as daemonic and was concerned about being legal.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Starting a thread but will put some various aspects as individual posts instead of one giant one, to make quote replies easier.

20210327_123228.jpg

I have a KR Powerboost FX4, and a Grand Design Imagine 2800BH. I use a Reese Steadi Flex weight distribution hitch.
Curious- what tow package do you have?

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Curious- what tow package do you have?
I have max tow, I am not in the belief camp that it reduces overall payload capability since the beefier axle is below sprung, which seem to be the limiting factor in studying all axle ratings and payload ratings. I think the payload sticker calculation is an math side effect of the way the calculation is done as it does not do a scientific test of each truck off the line. I would rather not take any chances on weaker brakes either.

I did add tow mirrors because they rule, I had snap ons with my previous XLT.
Sponsored