First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
How's the new engine going? Any follow-up? I was very disappointed when I saw that happened.
So far so good. Planning on my "first" oil change weekend after next. Got real nervous when I saw the cab off the truck, but so far I haven't found anything too horrible.

The dealerships techs are much better at the mechanical stuff than they are with the software/programming stuff. Who'd've thunk it? 😅

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
So far so good. Planning on my "first" oil change weekend after next. Got real nervous when I saw the cab off the truck, but so far I haven't found anything too horrible.

The dealerships techs are much better at the mechanical stuff than they are with the software/programming stuff. Who'd've thunk it? 😅
Well, that's good news. I'm sure by now you've scrutinized everything thing they did. Sounds like all is good. Ya, that would freak me out to, seeing the cab of my pride and joy hanging on a lift. ;)

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
...and just like that, 6.4.0 is now installed!

This is a banner day! I'm thinking I should go buy a lottery ticket now. 🤔

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
6.8.0 just hit for me about 2 hours ago, truck was sitting a week on a trickle charger but after a short drive today the update appeared.

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Sitting having my second coffee, thinking about all this. A few things come to mind as what changed to make this happen, if at all.

1. I moved my modem/router to a different room.
2. Truck is father away from the wifi. Not in the attached garage, but in the shop. About 150 feet from the house.
3. Truck is in a warm shop.

I am thinking number 3...Truck doesn't like the cold..... :unsure::unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It is a battery charge/cold thing. Do you have your original battery?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It is a battery charge/cold thing. Do you have your original battery?
I do have my original battery, but have a Noco 5 Amp battery maintainer connected all the times. The cold would have something to do with battery levels. In my case I was being sarcastic tho. Truck sits mostly in my attached garage, which is not heated. I had it in my heated shop when the update happened. Had just washed the truck and put it into the heated shop to dry and I was going to clean and vacuum the inside.

Having the maintainer connected is the big thing IMO. Keep the battery fully charge so OTA's can install without draining the battery down to the "TO LOW VOLTAGE "to complete level.

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
I just got 23-pu113-unx-dc last night whatever that is. First update in many moons...

Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Does this mean I'll be more likely to receive updates in a timely manner now or is that just wishful thinking?
No rhyme or reason, but certainly a good sign to see recent updates hitting your vehicle

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Did anyone else have a problem with their PowerBoost after the install of 23-PU0630-YAW-RT. When I drove to work this morning my truck did not want to go into electric drive mode until just before I got to work. The truck didn't even want to go into electric mode when I stopped at a stop sign.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Did anyone else have a problem with their PowerBoost after the install of 23-PU0630-YAW-RT. When I drove to work this morning my truck did not want to go into electric drive mode until just before I got to work. The truck didn't even want to go into electric mode when I stopped at a stop sign.
I can't keep up with these new numbering schemes, but it sounds like the typical result of any update that touches the PCM/ABS modules.

The truck goes through a re-learning routine until the Adaptive Tables are populated with values.
Once those tables are no longer empty, the truck returns to normal behavior.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Ok, now I think they are just throwing random updates. I have gotten updates two days in a row which is good but today's update was 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2. I know that I received this update early last year and it came out around Feb 23 unless it has been updated.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ok, now I think they are just throwing random updates. I have gotten updates two days in a row which is good but today's update was 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM. I know that I received this update early last year and it came out around Feb 23.
I've received 4 OTA updates in the last 7 days on a 2023.5 Mach-E

And this is AFTER pretty much catching up with FDRS on both the Powerboost and the Mach-E.

Whatever is going on, the OTA faucet is unclogged, apparently.

I'm not complaining, just to be clear. Although I admit that with the new numbering scheme and two vehicles, it's becoming a blur for my old brain.
Sponsored