Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I'm OK if they stay anonymous.
I just hope that gleaning the content leads to improvements in after purchase, as well as future products.

Before the information age, I participated in a couple of in-person customer focus groups for a manufacturing company.
The amount of resources in time and money invested for the return they got pales in comparison to what that same company could accomplish with the networking tools of today.
Want to know what your customers really think/want? Lurk in a forum about it and find out for free.

Ford would be foolish not to.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Want to know what your customers really think/want? Lurk in a forum about it and find out for free.

Ford would be foolish not to.
Been saying for years that Ford is watching. I agree any brand would be foolish not to do it. I've seen over the years common forum mods becoming factory features or options later on.

Baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost (High) BAP
Occupation
Manufacturing/Design Engineer
Been saying for years that Ford is watching. I agree any brand would be foolish not to do it. I've seen over the years common forum mods becoming factory features or options later on.
Although, I do think that Ford is trying to make the Early Access program a medium to share constructive feedback because there have been quite a few surveys lately....

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yep, did the BC survey today myself.
I was fair, but honest.
But there wasn't anything I stated in the survey that wasn't said right here on the forum.

Baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost (High) BAP
Occupation
Manufacturing/Design Engineer
Yep, did the BC survey today myself.
I was fair, but honest.
But there wasn't anything I stated in the survey that wasn't said right here on the forum.
Like you mentioned before, Ford is a huge company and I am guessing that rather than saying let's go look through forums that we have no idea who these people are and get feedback .... vs through the EA program... EA would probably be more constructive in the long run.... in my opinion!

Sponsored

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
Although, I do think that Ford is trying to make the Early Access program a medium to share constructive feedback because there have been quite a few surveys lately....
I’ve gotten none

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Absolutely agree.
But I don't think there's a single dealership service department that has ever requested a customer to do so, because I don't think there's a single service department that would know about the technique.

I mean there could be, but that would mean we have a certified Ford tech lurking amongst us on the FDRS thread and has chosen not to reveal so? 🫣

The more I think about it, surely there is at least one?
I'm amazed Ford, the manufacturer, doesn't have a small team that are charged with closely monitoring forums like this and harvesting the invaluable data/feedback that it affords them.
Possible situation where ideas only come from the top. The little people can't possibly know more than the experts.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
They're supposed to be doing some kind of forum for EA to basically interact with ford and each other better. They're just really slow going.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I was sitting in my truck listening to the radio and this popped up.
"23-PU113-UNX-DC".
Anyone else seen this one, only thing I could find on the web was mach-e and lightnings. Reported on a 2021 job 1 lariat powerboost

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) IMG_20240301_072723259_HDR

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
I was sitting in my truck listening to the radio and this popped up.
"23-PU113-UNX-DC".
Anyone else seen this one, only thing I could find on the web was mach-e and lightnings. Reported on a 2021 job 1 lariat powerboost
It’s on the spreadsheet attached to OP.

Sponsored

darkhorse

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
retired
I finally got my first OTA update since owning my truck (bought used in December 2023). I’ll have to take her out for a ride to see if I notice anything new. Hope it didn’t break anything!
Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) IMG_7503

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
23-PU1113-UNX-DC refused to download after giving it permission to install leaving work.

30 minute drive home and it didn't seem to actually download until I was on WiFi.

Installed with truck in accessory mode. Listening to music staring at the update details saying it was downloading. 🤣

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
23-PU1113-UNX-DC refused to download after giving it permission to install leaving work.

30 minute drive home and it didn't seem to actually download until I was on WiFi.

Installed with truck in accessory mode. Listening to music staring at the update details saying it was downloading. 🤣
I wasn’t even asked for permission. I feel taken advantage of

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I wasn’t even asked for permission. I feel taken advantage of
I have auto updates turned off so I can see when they are coming. No sneaking up on me. :)
Sponsored