Sponsored

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I just got 4.2.1.2 yesterday, and now there’s a 4.2.2?

I have a 2023 and only have 4.2.1.

My Ford Pass App is also know longer connecting to my truck (no updates on truck info status, can't start it, lock/unlock, etc.). I called Ford Pass, and was told that an update was on the way, and that I probably should have it by April 4, and it will be 4.2.1.2.

Well here's the issue....if my truck is having general connectivity issues.....maybe it won't be able to even receive the new update.

Either way, I"m a little ticked that Ford Pass worked for less than a month on new truck.
Sponsored

collinma40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have a 2023 Tremor and I haven't seen any update since buying the truck in December. Today, my Ford app says that I have been updated. I clicked the link for details and it says I now have Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1

Ford F-150 Power-Up 4.2.2 Software with CarPlay Update! IMG_6668.PNG

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
So my Job2 2022 just recently, a few days ago, had an APIM update made available in FDRS.

So yes, my 2022, which this very instant is running exactly the same version of Sync as an uptodate Job1 2021 truck is running, could be updated and then be a few days ahead.

But it's just a few days, at this point.
Nobody has identified specifically what the new version brings to the truck, so I wouldn't even experience an advantage. And there's no physical hardware reason for the 2021 to not be a candidate for the ambiguous upgrade.

It's not like the 2021 has legacy hardware compared to the 2022. So in my way of looking at it, anyone with a 2021 should be optimistic about anything that a 2022 qualifies for.
It would be great if they had a list of module versions, what models and years they apply to, and - more importantly - what was added/enhanced/fixed. Then you could decide whether you needed to pay for the manual upgrade through FDRS, or wait until maybe getting it OTA. I have a couple of lingering issues I would love to see fixed, so I'm keen to stay on top of updates... but I also fear introducing something new by jumping too quickly. But no matter what, I'm always running blind. They have LOT to learn as a software company... (I work for a software company, and even we struggle with this! :))

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
It would be great if they had a list of module versions, what models and years they apply to, and - more importantly - what was added/enhanced/fixed. Then you could decide whether you needed to pay for the manual upgrade through FDRS, or wait until maybe getting it OTA. I have a couple of lingering issues I would love to see fixed, so I'm keen to stay on top of updates... but I also fear introducing something new by jumping too quickly. But no matter what, I'm always running blind. They have LOT to learn as a software company... (I work for a software company, and even we struggle with this! :))
Working on it.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor

I think it would be great if things you currently have would just keep working. I once had a fully functioning Ford Pass, and now I don't.

And Auto Up windows have been around for over a decade. Why does my truck's windows require a reset once in a while?

Sponsored

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L

My Ford Pass App is also know longer connecting to my truck (no updates on truck info status, can't start it, lock/unlock, etc.). I called Ford Pass, and was told that an update was on the way, and that I probably should have it by April 4, and it will be 4.2.1.2.

Well here's the issue....if my truck is having general connectivity issues.....maybe it won't be able to even receive the new update.

Either way, I"m a little ticked that Ford Pass worked for less than a month on new truck.
When my Fordpass was acting up, it would kick in and out every few days or so. It'll come back eventually. You can speed this up by pulling the negative battery terminal for a few seconds and re-attaching.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Oh, so there is an APIM update is FDRS now? I wonder it this helps with the music streaming skipping issues I've been having with AA. To me, that would be worth a $50 2-day pass alone.
I just bought FDRS for the whole year today. Lol. And yes there is an apim update. I was not able to get that one done but there was a slew of others that I did do. I’ll do the apim tomorrow.

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum

If you have forscan, you can just reset your TCU module and restore connectivity immediately.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
When my Fordpass was acting up, it would kick in and out every few days or so. It'll come back eventually. You can speed this up by pulling the negative battery terminal for a few seconds and re-attaching.
Since I've tried pretty much everything, the disconecting the battery is probalby my last option. I was told that I should have the next update by April 4, so I will give it another day. If that doesn't happen, I will go with the battery trick. After that, I will just wait until I go see the dealer.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
If you have forscan, you can just reset your TCU module and restore connectivity immediately.
I don't have it.

I did disconnect the TCU overnight, and that didn't work.

I'm currently in a state where I can't even Activate Vehicle. As one of the steps many said to do, I removed my vehicle from Ford Pass, and then added it back in. This all worked. But then when I tried to Activate Vehicle, it won't. I've pretty much tried a long list of things, except the battery trick.

Sponsored

Wookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost

I had the same issue after 4.2.1. I tried everything I read to no avail but then saw a thread over on a lighting forum that said pull fuse #32 in the passenger kickwell fuse box. I pulled mine and left it out for a few minutes, put it back in, and like magic it all came back to life. I've gotten another update since with no issues. I later found the fuse info on this forum as well. That said, don't drop the thing like I did. Your truck won't even start without it.

Quick edit - I too was stuck at activation. I ended up cancelling that by resetting Ford Pass connected features in the menu before doing it. I honestly don't think it matters. Let me know if it worked for you, guessing it will.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Mine seems to update when my phone is close and on Wi-Fi. My truck sits about 6 feet away from my desk at work right outside my window. Both updates have been at work for me mid-day. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I just bought FDRS for the whole year today. Lol. And yes there is an apim update. I was not able to get that one done but there was a slew of others that I did do. I’ll do the apim tomorrow.
I'm new to this lingo and have to look many acronyms up lol.

APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module
I think it's tech speak for my sync4 system

FDRS - Ford Diagnostic & Repair System
Factory diagnostic software for understanding data points and codes etc. I'm guessing.

I'll get good at this just bear with me while I ramp up the learning curve!
Sponsored