Paint chips/quality?

McClain210

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT/302A/3.5EB/BAP/Max Tow
I am noticing my front bumper seems to be chipping way more than it should be. I do not tailgate when I drive but there seems to be pretty big rock chips forming on my front bumper. Should I go to the dealer to have them fix this issue or is it normal? I currently am at 5k miles. Are any of you experiencing this? I have iconic silver. My 19 lariat had chrome front bumper so this is my first painted ford bumper.

Ford F-150 Paint chips/quality? CC0E3880-1CE8-47EC-9297-E4E6D519C9DA
Sponsored

lexionman575

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum powerboost
I am noticing my front bumper seems to be chipping way more than it should be. I do not tailgate when I drive but there seems to be pretty big rock chips forming on my front bumper. Should I go to the dealer to have them fix this issue or is it normal? I currently am at 5k miles. Are any of you experiencing this? I have iconic silver. My 19 lariat had chrome front bumper so this is my first painted ford bumper.

CC0E3880-1CE8-47EC-9297-E4E6D519C9DA.jpeg
Did you have any luck getting this resolved through your dealer I am experiencing a similar issue with my 2021

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The paint thickness of modern cars/trucks is far thinner than ever. Also the composition is vastly different and less durable than what we got even a few short years ago. Definitely want to invest in a paint ship repair product like Dr. Colo chip or something like that.

You can also get a color matched low profile rock/bug guard if you don't want a black one. Last option is clear or color match vinyl is something you can get too if you want to spend the money on it.

22XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT
My bumper is looking pretty good still at 5800 miles but I'm mostly city driving and pretty conscious of leaving a decent space cushion when behind others.

I also will wax the bumpers too for what its worth.

But I had been wondering if that PPF (Paint protection film) offers any protection??

OP
OP
McClain210

McClain210

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT/302A/3.5EB/BAP/Max Tow
I went by to my dealer and told them that this is unacceptable for a brand new truck and they repainted my front bumper/bumper trim piece. I am driving it as little as possible until i get ppf on my bumper/bumper trim/headlights/front of hood in 4-5 weeks to allow paint to fully cure.
Did you have any luck getting this resolved through your dealer I am experiencing a similar issue with my 2021

Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
I dont take the truck off the lot without 3m on the front,including partial hood.
Wont ever....
Gravel roads,wind,even sand kicks the crap out the front end.
3m is worth every penny IMO

93dpscoupe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 GMC 1500, 93 Mustang LX SSP
Occupation
Product Marketing
Washed mine over the weekend, and the bumper is horrendous. No other blemishes anywhere - hood, grille, lights, nada. Only the painted bumper. I could understand if there was other damage, but there isnt. I hope my dealer will hook it up, as obviously thats a quality issue. Just rolled 10k miles
Sponsored