First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
both of my roof rails look to be only lightly painted...looks like primer with a skim coat of paint. will put up a pic later but has anybody else looked at the paint in the valleys of their roof?
A couple of years into owning my '17 Lariat and these peeled on one side. The dealer ended up repainting the whole roof. I hope I have better luck on my '22
Sponsored

Jay-UMN

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat PB, 22 Forester Touring
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I picked up my F150 with my wife and a 9 day old infant so needless to say I didn't look it over when we got done with all the purchase paperwork... I just got in and left so we could get back home. As soon as I opened the tailgate the next day I found this. Not sure if it is from the factory, transit, or the dealer but so far the initial response I got from my sales guy was "can't really do anything because we don't know who did it since it wasn't flagged until after you took it off the lot."

Overall my dealer experience was great, up until this point. I have yet to escalate it at the dealer or at Ford but I'm curious if anyone else had anything like this. I'm sure there may be other imperfections that others are mentioning but this is clearly a heafty scratch that you can't get rid of with touch up paint. Could probably buff it out to look a bit better but not go away. I don't even really want it repainted at this point, because the repair process could just end up making it worse and I will eventually be putting scratches in the box myself. I just didn't want to custom order a truck and receive it pre-scratched. To be honest, I was kind of just hoping for a nominal credit towards Ford parts/accessories or something instead given the difficulty/cost associated with making the actual problem go away.

Anyway, anyone have any idea what could have caused this?

Ford F-150 Paint Issues - An Invitation to Share! PXL_20220625_164551206
Ford F-150 Paint Issues - An Invitation to Share! PXL_20220625_164540056
Ford F-150 Paint Issues - An Invitation to Share! PXL_20220627_042739179

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I opted for the Antimatter Blue (which is essentially BLACK)

And anyone who knows anything about automotive paint.. "Black" is impossible to hide imperfections.

I got lucky. NO paint issues. A couple annoying "fit" issues but I bought a Ford F150 NOT a "Bentley" so I can live with it.

It's a Pickup Truck. I'm a few off road excursions away from it looking like a "Ranch Truck" so...

Jay-UMN

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat PB, 22 Forester Touring
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It's a Pickup Truck. I'm a few off road excursions away from it looking like a "Ranch Truck" so...

haha, this is true. I just wanted to be the one to do the scratching vs. receiving it that way new.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
haha, this is true. I just wanted to be the one to do the scratching vs. receiving it that way new.
I've already dragged a few Manzanita branches down the side which left nice long scratches like someone "keyed" my truck.

As painful as it is I have to try to convince myself that they're "badges of honor"!😭

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I must be one of the lucky ones. My '21 Leadfoot Grey STX (Not ordered - it sat on the lot to be purchased for almost a month) is nearly flawless. Maybe I should take the bed off and look underneath for some micro defects to gripe about.

That being said, I had ordered a '19 black Mini Clubman JCW, and it took about 3 months to get here (shipped by boat). They called me up to say it arrived, and it "looks great" with all the options I had on it, custom leather, etc. I got there an hour later and the hood was MANGLED! Scuff and scratch marks all over the thing. My salesman said, "I didn't see those." And I simply stated that I'm not taking possession of a new car damaged, to which he replied "We'll buff it out." I said no, I'll place a new order, and he said I'd lose my $1000 deposit.

In the end, I ordered another, and didn't lose my $1000. Since Ohio only had 3 Mini dealerships, they did NOT want negative social media posts of the pics I took of the new car.
Sponsored