First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I guess it wasn't a recall but a "customer satisfaction program" alert. Anyone have any information on it? There is no further information on the website doesn't go into anymore detail.

Ford F-150 Quality Control? 1631893898339

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Sloppy assembly on my 2021. Several fasteners not pushed onto/into metal underneath the truck. Worst one was the orange wires feeding the plugs in the box (L.R.corner), which were hanging down low, but not visible till i looked underneath. Stick-on Heatshield thingy, or whatever it is, stuck under the box, right above the axle/driveshaft area is loose. Haven't got that fixed yet... Look underneath your trucks too folks

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
It's actually not the reason. I've been in contact with Ford customer service and they say it should work with the traction control off. There's actually an error code in my APIM module.
That would definitely be the reason, I turned my traction control off for the first time the other day and was met with the same warning when I put it in reverse. Whoever you spoke to at the dealer may have just not known or maybe it’s some new behavior with the ‘21s, but mine behaves the exact same way. Doesn’t bother me, I would very rarely have a need to turn it off.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
Sloppy assembly on my 2021. Several fasteners not pushed onto/into metal underneath the truck. Worst one was the orange wires feeding the plugs in the box (L.R.corner), which were hanging down low, but not visible till i looked underneath. Stick-on Heatshield thingy, or whatever it is, stuck under the box, right above the axle/driveshaft area is loose. Haven't got that fixed yet... Look underneath your trucks too folks
Like it or not, it is Human factors. There has been zero consistency to the assembly line this year. The new model has had low daily production, starting and stopping of shifts, and multiple week complete shutdowns. It is bound to affect quality. add on vehicles built but still needing chips were handled before delivery many more times than normal. Not just a Ford issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lateonthebrakes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I agree with you and I empathize with them. But it's still $50k. I work in the aerospace industry so I'm used to a QA person following our technicians around watching everything they do. I was just expecting a little more attention to detail for the money.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Like it or not, it is Human factors. There has been zero consistency to the assembly line this year. The new model has had low daily production, starting and stopping of shifts, and multiple week complete shutdowns. It is bound to affect quality. add on vehicles built but still needing chips were handled before delivery many more times than normal. Not just a Ford issue.
Or maybe, and maybe not, it's because ford has over the years gotten rid of most of the Q.C. personnel it once had. I don't imagine it's any diff at the F150 Plants then it was at STAP where we made the Crown Vic and Town cars. This is my 27th ford and no different then all pre-covid purchases. Besides that, at over 85k Canadian, I have the right to bitch about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lateonthebrakes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Well, I stopped by the dealer to see what is meant by the "customer satisfaction program" notification in the recall section of my app. Looks like they are stopping delivery of new vehicles and working on a software fix. They don't expect it to drop until October.
Ford F-150 Quality Control? Capture1.JPG

OP
OP

Lateonthebrakes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
The work they did last week did not include anything with the reverse brake assist. I got a phone call from the Ford customer service folks and she was chatting with a technical support person real time. They reversed their earlier comments and said the brake assist not working with traction control disabled is normal behavior.

chuckg57

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Goldwing Trike, 2021 F-150 XLT 3.5EB
Where was your truck built?

Sponsored

SwolePatrol

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost Lariat
I have the same carpet issue in my lariat. Took it to the dealer and they told me Ford said it was supposed to be like that, and there was nothing to fix...

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
I have the same carpet issue in my lariat. Took it to the dealer and they told me Ford said it was supposed to be like that, and there was nothing to fix...
Have you looked under the dash of any other vehicles, from any other manufacturer? why would they waste the time and effort to finish the edge of a carpet piece under the dash? It is not visible until you look underneath. They don't make trim to hide anything else under the dash either.
Sponsored