First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
There is a button on the center stack just to the left of the upper glovebox. That is the release.
Yup this ?
Sponsored

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
There is a button on the center stack just to the left of the upper glovebox. That is the release.
Ha Ha! Thank you, I nearly ripped that thing out of the dash trying to open it! A small symbol or something on that button would help. I looked in the manual, nothing. That's one hour of my life I'll never get back!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I looked in the manual, nothing. That's one hour of my life I'll never get back!
That’s one hour of you life that will play in your head for years.
And while you are watching this replay, you will also be thinking, IDIOT!
So entertaining.
Don’t feel too bad.
Had my first Thunderbird 6mo before I realized I could turn climate control off.
(What part of “Automatic Climate Control” suggests that it is an optional function?
The old Chevy pickup I’m now driving. Accepted the fact the interior lights did not come on when the doors were opened ( base Cheyenne)
Was about three years before I even noticed the tiny button.
“Dome Override”
Push that button and imagine that—lamps started working.
Scared me at first because they would not turn off after closing door.
Damn—has retained lighting as well.

But, I am blond, blue eyed and Polish—-trifecta of stupidity right there.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Ha Ha! Thank you, I nearly ripped that thing out of the dash trying to open it! A small symbol or something on that button would help. I looked in the manual, nothing. That's one hour of my life I'll never get back!
I thought my air wasn't working because the vent button has the heat symbol on it so I didn't press it for over a day.

Sponsored

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
Page 205

Ford F-150 Interior quality issues 6D186B55-4576-4EEF-9AFA-58FB8EDA2081

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Picked up my KR today. I'm having a problem opening the upper glove box. IE it won't open! I assume it opens by pushing on the top edge to open, but it is just seemed latched closed. Can anyone confirm how it is intended to be opened and where I might slip a thin blackjack or something to release the latch? I'm flying blind trying to open this box!
Don’t try to force it open that way. The button/release is easy to over look if you don’t know what you are looking for. You press the concave button on the center stack underneath the right air vent/above the power outlet (if equipped). Here are a few highlighted photos to help.

Ford F-150 Interior quality issues 01B2B988-41DE-4A93-8D2C-B13523241983

Ford F-150 Interior quality issues 4FA31656-098D-4F1B-9D1C-9B962E72035F

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I've got a few "Fit and Finish" gripes:
Wireless charge pushed in too far and missing the clip to hold your phone vertical;
Same issue with the right side of the dash being a bit loose at the US flag connector;
Slot on the center console for your phone is coming loose;
And then this one, on the attached video: under the glove box, the black cover wasn't attached firmly with the little black plastic push clips. But more interesting, when I got down to push them into place, it appears that a complete piece of trim may be missing?

Oh, and maybe I'm being silly, but the smell from inside the center console is just plain rotten.

In regards to the smell. Remove the glove box and remove the door behind the glove box and pull out your filter slowly and see if there is any Mouse material on it... or I help my buddy with his camaro one time and I was able to go remove Parts under the hood and look at the filter from the top and I found a mouse nest in little baby mice before I pulled the filter out. That is probably not your issue but I'm just trying to help

Okokok999

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Would anyone have a parts list and diagram for replacing this piece?
My idiot coworker ripped it open and now the left side hangs off to the side while the right side is still intact.
I’m unsure how to take the door off to replace it
Sponsored