• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
How blue does ice blue look in person? Can you see much blue in it? Online it looks pretty much like a light silver to me. Thanks.

P.S. I realize that many people see color differently.
That is not one they had a sample of, however, I spent some time with the iconic silver, antimatter, and carbonized grey up close and with the photos on my phone, changing the brightness and contrast/hue to get a good representation then flipped over to the ice blue tab, gives a really good approximation of what it will looks like holding it up to the truck and stepping back 15-20 ft.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
... I really wish they would get a build tool up and running so I can have my wife tell me it's way too expensive for and XLT ER?
Yep me too. But now she is saying we must get heated seats which pushes me in to the XLT+

I had myself talked in to the Pro SR...

Need real numbers!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Is anyone else checking every day to see if the build tool has opened up to let us play around? That rumor of the 13th or the 15th) really got some false hope going for me.
Guilty as charged

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yeah, I was originally planning that but she also needs seat height adjustment. Anyone know where to find a phone book these days?
Just take one of those red boosters from an old school Pizza Hut.

Ford F-150 Lightning October 26 is apparently NOT when 2022 F-150 Lightning ordering begins (order bank opens) 1634590045800

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yep me too. But now she is saying we must get heated seats which pushes me in to the XLT+

I had myself talked in to the Pro SR...

Need real numbers!
Wife doesn't drive big trucks so it will be just me - happy with manual seat adjustments that never changes for me alone!

Don't need seat heaters where I live - need A/C seats.

Hoping Pro SR will have optional cloth seats like the XLT.....

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Wife doesn't drive big trucks so it will be just me - happy with manual seat adjustments that never changes for me alone!

Don't need seat heaters where I live - need A/C seats.

Hoping Pro SR will have optional cloth seats like the XLT.....
Even if it doesn't have the Cloth seat option, feedback has been the vinyl is surprisingly high quality (though I'm assuming you want the cloth for the thermal properties).

Not a deal breaker for me but the seats in the Pro will not have height adjustment.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Has anyone been able to ask a potiential dealer what their position in their reservation queue is?

Is it possible, or do you have to select that specific dealer for them to pull a report.

Trying to decide if I should switch to another dealer or not with my "18 minutes into presentation" reservation.

The dealer I'm at has 650-700 reservations. Kind of worried with that many :)

Another I just checked in on has 368. Still a lot compared to what I've seen others say here. But, it's California.

Both appear to be rated well and are able equal distance from me (~15 miles), both have stated no markup.

Just trying to work the system to make sure I get the truck as fast as possible ;P

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yeah, I was originally planning that but she also needs seat height adjustment. Anyone know where to find a phone book these days?
My wife will absolutely refuse to ever drive it so I'm ok there.
I'd really like the ER for towing my camper plus the added HP to show off to the skeptical family. However it's hard to justify going from $40k up to $60. I could buy an id.4 or a base mach-e and then a used work truck and be in the same price range. However, I'm really trying to get away from having so many vehicles that just sit around.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My wife will absolutely refuse to ever drive it so I'm ok there.
I'd really like the ER for towing my camper plus the added HP to show off to the skeptical family. However it's hard to justify going from $40k up to $60. I could buy an id.4 or a base mach-e and then a used work truck and be in the same price range. However, I'm really trying to get away from having so many vehicles that just sit around.
FYI, the stated difference, by Ford, between the SR and ER 0-60mph is less than a second (I believe reading it's only 0.5sec). The SR will still blow the socks off your skeptical family.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Has anyone been able to ask a potiential dealer what their position in their reservation queue is?

Is it possible, or do you have to select that specific dealer for them to pull a report.

Trying to decide if I should switch to another dealer or not with my "18 minutes into presentation" reservation.

The dealer I'm at has 650-700 reservations. Kind of worried with that many :)

Another I just checked in on has 368. Still a lot compared to what I've seen others say here. But, it's California.

Both appear to be rated well and are able equal distance from me (~15 miles), both have stated no markup.

Just trying to work the system to make sure I get the truck as fast as possible ;P
At this point nobody really knows. The whole Bronco thing is really a different monster. We don't know how Ford is going to allocate and how many they are going to build. It's possible that dealers aren't really going to give a shit about selling electric vehicles and not raise a stink over allocation like they did for the Bronco.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
At this point nobody really knows. The whole Bronco thing is really a different monster. We don't know how Ford is going to allocate and how many they are going to build. It's possible that dealers aren't really going to give a shit about selling electric vehicles and not raise a stink over allocation like they did for the Bronco.
That whole thing with the bronco is a joke. I bet the dealers complaining about not getting enough of them were the ones who were price gouging the customers and marking them up several thousand dollars so they weren't getting anyone ordering through them.
Ford should be on top of dealers marking the price up as it makes them looks bad and get a bad rep. Maybe make it so if a dealer gets caught with a large markup, they no longer get any of that specific vehicle for a few months.

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Don't lose all hope though, especially if you have a good relationship with a dealer or two. There are lots of Mach E owners who were on a call-back list or basically stumbled on to cars on dealer lots when the order holder walked away.
Yes, we have a good relationship, wife’s cousin owns the dealership. We have a fleet of Ford’s. I had an early reservation for A First Edition Bronco, just waiting due to Fords delays.
Sponsored