• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Official Memo 12/8: F-150 Lightning Reservations Now Closed, Order Banks Open January, Production Begins Spring, Not All Reservations Will Be MY2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
GM will debut the Sierra EV at CES in early January. I'm assuming Ford will try to time this phase of the rollout to steal GMs thunder (pun intended).

I'm glad they finally cut off the reservations, especially since there's no way that they're going to be able to fulfill orders in a timely manner.

I hope they also limit the initial wave of order invitations to numbers that can reasonably be fulfilled next year.

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
It's gotta be coming really soon... or they'll remove the link. I doubt they would they put the link there and have it go to an Access Denied page for long.
It’s been that way since Thursday. Before that it used to just loop you back to the Build My Ford page. But yes it seems something’s happening.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
oh yay - good to see!

Link appears to start the build - chose XLT as the only trim, then stops...

Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Well at least we know there is some movement. Anyone with a Mach-E, can you chime in if this also happened with that reservation?

Edit: Ford will probably deliver a handful of Lightnings to the press and Social Media Stars in Spring to meet their deadline.
Heh, this is much more like the Bronco experience. I was a Day 3 Bronco res and in December after much gnashing of teeth ordered a MachE instead, told me dealer to put my Bronco res on hold hoping for Green. In February I bought an orphan Select and canceled my Bronco no order placed. I would not have my Bronco yet still as that fiasco is a still ongoing.

What we can learn from Bronco, people ordered what they wanted or could delay ordering for second year or late options. It would go into the magic machine, the machine would schedule and if you did not get scheduled by the end of the year run you rolled over to the next year and resubmitted you build with the new model year options but first year pricing locked in.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Good Information in this YT Video, it’s sounding like January 20th is when Order Banks open

Tones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 gmc sierra
Occupation
Farmer
I ordered with in the first 4 hours. and I've gotten just one email since May about the lightning. Id be very surprised if they do it chronological. My dealer which is a small dealer also never gives me updates and whenever I ask they have no idea what's going on with the lightning

Sponsored

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Reservation system is down (no more link on website), and order banks will open next month.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/ (see missing reservation link)

I received a credible email this morning from my dealer about my F-150 Lightning reservation (I also have a Mach-E order with them, hence the email title). I guess the report for January was true. I had to check, and the reservation link is gone.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 10.44.13 AM.png

This also confirms for the 2022 F-150 Lightning:
  • Order banks open in January 2022
  • Production begins Spring 2022
  • Not all reservation holders will receive an invitation to place an order for 2022MY
Here is the email I received as well:

Good afternoon,

I have exciting news to share! Today, Ford announced the all-new, all-electric F150 Lightning is getting one step closer to launch. In order to prepare for the upcoming order bank opening, Ford will close the reservation system for the F150 Lightning today, December 8,2021.

The order bank will open in January 2022. Production begins in Spring 2022. Due to extraordinarily high demand, not all reservation holders will receive an invitation to place an order for Model Year 2022. Prior to order bank opening, all reservation holders will receive an email confirming your reservation, outlining the wave order process. Invitation will come in waves in approximate two-week intervals until 22MY production capacity is fulfilled. Customer wave invitations will be based on reservation time stamped. Prior to each wave, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA's of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration. (As certain configurations become unavailable due to demand, the configurator will be updated to remove the ordering capability of that configuration. For customers invited to submit a 22MY order who find that your desired configuration is unavailable, you can either elect to maintain your reservation for a subsequent model year, modify your order for a different configuration or cancel and get a full refund.

Once 22 MY production capacity is met, all remaining reservation holders will be notified the next ordering opportunity in subsequent model year.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Here is the email I received as well:

Good afternoon,

I have exciting news to share! Today, Ford announced the all-new, all-electric F150 Lightning is getting one step closer to launch. In order to prepare for the upcoming order bank opening, Ford will close the reservation system for the F150 Lightning today, December 8,2021.

The order bank will open in January 2022. Production begins in Spring 2022. Due to extraordinarily high demand, not all reservation holders will receive an invitation to place an order for Model Year 2022. Prior to order bank opening, all reservation holders will receive an email confirming your reservation, outlining the wave order process. Invitation will come in waves in approximate two-week intervals until 22MY production capacity is fulfilled. Customer wave invitations will be based on reservation time stamped. Prior to each wave, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA's of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration. (As certain configurations become unavailable due to demand, the configurator will be updated to remove the ordering capability of that configuration. For customers invited to submit a 22MY order who find that your desired configuration is unavailable, you can either elect to maintain your reservation for a subsequent model year, modify your order for a different configuration or cancel and get a full refund.

Once 22 MY production capacity is met, all remaining reservation holders will be notified the next ordering opportunity in subsequent model year.
Sounds like the vast majority of us are waiting another ~10 months to be able to put in an order. Makes sense. I just hope we can get in and play with the configurator (even though all of the options and packages can change between model years).

robot

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning owner
Occupation
Technology
Sounds like the vast majority of us are waiting another ~10 months to be able to put in an order.
How are you arriving at that math?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
How are you arriving at that math?
200k reservations, ~20k (plus or minus we aren't really use) production capacity in 2022 leave 180k or so waiting for 2023 model year.

Edit - to break it (very roughly) down by reservation date:

Day 1 reservations - order Dec/Jan for a 2022 model year

Day 2 through mid June reservations - order Fall (Sept/Oct?) of 2022 for a 2023 model year

Mid-June reservations through current - order Fall of 2023 for a 2024 model year. (Some of these may slip another year depending on Fleet orders and Ford's actual production rate)

Numbers are all very rough and subject to the conversion rate, the fleet order numbers, Ford actual production numbers and any supply chain impacts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.