• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Is anyone else checking every day to see if the build tool has opened up to let us play around? That rumor of the 13th or the 15th) really got some false hope going for me.
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Curious what happened with this. I'm getting pretty antsy trying to find info on when I will actually be able to spec one of these things out...
Also, I am confused why the 2022 F-150 ICE Build & Order has not showed up on the Ford Website. Originally, it was supposed to go up on September 15th and then on September 30th, but nothing to date. I have always used this as a tool before I go down to my dealer.

Obviously, people are ordering from dealers now without the B & O.

I have searched this Forum (ICE & EV) as to the answer but have not found anything.

Does this mean October 26th (the supposed Lightning Order Date) will mean there will also be no B & O on the Ford Website and I will just have to start my ordering that morning at my reservation dealer? This puts me at a disadvantage because the salesperson will have information I do not have.

I am disappointed Ford has not email us Reservationists with any instructions about the process now with only 8 days to D-Day.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Also, I am confused why the 2022 F-150 ICE Build & Order has not showed up on the Ford Website. Originally, it was supposed to go up on September 15th and then on September 30th, but nothing to date. I have always used this as a tool before I go down to my dealer.

Obviously, people are ordering from dealers now without the B & O.

I have searched this Forum (ICE & EV) as to the answer but have not found anything.

Does this mean October 26th (the supposed Lightning Order Date) will mean there will also be no B & O on the Ford Website and I will just have to start my ordering that morning at my reservation dealer? This puts me at a disadvantage because the salesperson will have information I do not have.

I am disappointed Ford has not email us Reservationists with any instructions about the process now with only 8 days to D-Day.
Remember that no date has been announced officially to the public.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Remember that no date has been announced officially to the public.
Dealers have been calling / e-mailing reservation holders this date for a while now (including my own). Seems like a announcement to me.

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Could the date slip? Absolutely. Will we get a configurator before hand? Well, the code is definitely being tested based on the example code posted here but who knows. All we can do it wait and hope (which is better than I can do with my Cybertruck preorder...)

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Yep, hoping its true and there is lots of evidence supporting it however everything has been "leaked" and Ford has said nothing to the consumer or the media.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
It almost sounds like the Bronco again. :eek: Which I’m still waiting on, luckily I have a good relationship with Skyline Ford.
Don't lose all hope though, especially if you have a good relationship with a dealer or two. There are lots of Mach E owners who were on a call-back list or basically stumbled on to cars on dealer lots when the order holder walked away.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
The ICE F150 build and price tool is available on dealer websites (at least mine), but that doesn't help us with the Lightning.

Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Curious what happened with this. I'm getting pretty antsy trying to find info on when I will actually be able to spec one of these things out...
We swung by the dealer one Friday, nothing available in the system like they had expected. We poked around the ICE trims on the lot to get a better feel for the options and trims. Plus they had a good selection of various colors in the new and used lot, Expedition with the antimatter which really sways me that direction. coin flip between antimatter and ice blue right now.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
We swung by the dealer one Friday, nothing available in the system like they had expected. We poked around the ICE trims on the lot to get a better feel for the options and trims. Plus they had a good selection of various colors in the new and used lot, Expedition with the antimatter which really sways me that direction. coin flip between antimatter and ice blue right now.
Thanks for the reply. I can't imagine the disappointment when you got there, lol. I'm going with iconic silver. ?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
One of the dealers I spoke with that I will probably not be going with just emailed me about ordering opening on Saturday ?.
Oh how salespeople are so misinformed. Although technically there's been no official public confirmation from Ford on anything. I really wish they would get a build tool up and running so I can have my wife tell me it's way too expensive for and XLT ER?

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
How blue does ice blue look in person? Can you see much blue in it? Online it looks pretty much like a light silver to me. Thanks.

P.S. I realize that many people see color differently.
Sponsored