• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

3 Weeks Away From 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Banks Opening

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?

Well, at least I’ve gotten the Cybertruck off my radar.

Now I just hope GM doesn’t bring out a compelling truck to CES. I don’t need another product muddying the waters.
I spent some time last night doing a lot of research on Rivian. It really turned me off more on the company than the product. I don't like the 4 foot bed or the luxury pricing in a supposedly off road truck. Going to be fun finding options for that short bed. They seem to be making the same mistakes Tesla made during ramp up. They also seem to be suppressing journalists and avoiding those that do real world testing. Only time will tell. But for me I'm sticking with Ford.
Sponsored

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
They also seem to be suppressing journalists and avoiding those that do real world testing. Only time will tell. But for me I'm sticking with Ford.
Doug Demuro did an off-road trip without Rivian watching over him, he seemed to like it.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
They also seem to be suppressing journalists and avoiding those that do real world testing. Only time will tell. But for me I'm sticking with Ford.
Waiting for TFL and InsideEVs to put out their usual tests. But yeah, even as a weekend warrior that 4' bed is a non-starter. I'm also not a fan of manufacturers not supporting Carplay/Auto.

And this may seem silly but the Lightning's frunk design should be the golden standard. I could even forgive a smaller frunk if it had the same lid and grill opening as the Lightning.

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great point on the frunk. In looking at some of the smaller EUV's some are still putting the electric motor in the front where the ICE would be. I would expect a frunk on all EV's.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I spent some time last night doing a lot of research on Rivian. It really turned me off more on the company than the product. I don't like the 4 foot bed or the luxury pricing in a supposedly off road truck. Going to be fun finding options for that short bed. They seem to be making the same mistakes Tesla made during ramp up. They also seem to be suppressing journalists and avoiding those that do real world testing. Only time will tell. But for me I'm sticking with Ford.
My opinion..it just seemed the Rivian was overpriced compared to the f150....and the f150 is a bigger truck. It just didn't seem to be as good of a deal...

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
Haha wishful thinking I guess.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Great point on the frunk. In looking at some of the smaller EUV's some are still putting the electric motor in the front where the ICE would be. I would expect a frunk on all EV's.
I think as more vehicles are released on platforms built from scratch for EVs instead of being conversions of ICE frames, we'll start seeing more frunks. It just makes too much sense.

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I think as more vehicles are released on platforms built from scratch for EVs instead of being conversions of ICE frames, we'll start seeing more frunks. It just makes too much sense.
It's hard to say what's going to end up being more common. I hope frunks stay in style but there are a number of EV-only platforms which don't have them such as MEB & E-GMP. I'm sure the companies making those platforms would have made funks if they could but perhaps it was less expensive to pack things inefficiently.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It's hard to say what's going to end up being more common. I hope frunks stay in style but there are a number of EV-only platforms which don't have them such as MEB & E-GMP. I'm sure the companies making those platforms would have made funks if they could but perhaps it was less expensive to pack things inefficiently.
I know specifically with the id.4 and it's derivatives VW felt that there was sufficient interior space that a frunk was unnecessary. This could just be what they are saying publicly and on the engineering side of things they just didnt or couldn't make it work to their liking.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Looks like the timeline has changed as predicted lol

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know specifically with the id.4 and it's derivatives VW felt that there was sufficient interior space that a frunk was unnecessary. This could just be what they are saying publicly and on the engineering side of things they just didnt or couldn't make it work to their liking.
I would agree. I've never heard anyone say that their car had too much storage space. I have an 04 Excursion and while the kids were growing up and we had multiple pets traveling with us there were times when storage was in short supply.
Sponsored