First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
LOL, I know, every update seems to do more "future proofing" and "making it easier for updates to install" . When are they going to release an update that has some new features! :);)
yep like fix the crap they messed up, future proofing is cracking me up
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
thats not fair :rolleyes:
Depends on your definition of "fair", I guess.

We've had physical buttons and wheels for climate control this whole time. The MachE and Lightning have only had the touchscreen until this update. It allows the screen's giant volume wheel to be used for temperature too.

Ford F-150 New Power-Up OTA Update 4.2.4 IMG_0328

Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
My truck, early 2021, went from last September until week before last without an update. In the last two weeks I have gotten 5 updates and have gotten 4.2.3.

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
My truck, early 2021, went from last September until week before last without an update. In the last two weeks I have gotten 5 updates and have gotten 4.2.3.
is your truck a job1? I have never gotten an ota update

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tile Setter
I have a Job1 2021, The 4.2.3 update just installed on my truck this afternoon.
Do you use the parking brake and turn the lights off and do that whole routine? Mines out of 1.7.1 lock but it doesnt perform ota updates. I did when i first purchased it back in 2021 but i havent seen it do it since

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Do you use the parking brake and turn the lights off and do that whole routine? Mines out of 1.7.1 lock but it doesnt perform ota updates. I did when i first purchased it back in 2021 but i havent seen it do it since
I haven't done any of these things. Parked when I got to work this morning. Windows cracked, headlights left in the auto position, no barking brake and 4.2.3 installed. I to was stuck on 1.7.1 up until I fully updated the truck with FDRS in April of 2022. Every OTA has installed since then. Some OTA's failed and were eventually resent on the second try. But this might have been due to the battery SOC level, and taking an hour drive here and there seems to correct that.

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tile Setter
I haven't done any of these things. Parked when I got to work this morning. Windows cracked, headlights left in the auto position, no barking brake and 4.2.3 installed. I to was stuck on 1.7.1 up until I fully updated the truck with FDRS in April of 2022. Every OTA has installed since then. Some OTA's failed and were eventually resent on the second try. But this might have been due to the battery SOC level, and taking an hour drive here and there seems to correct that.
I drive my truck almost everyday i don't think the batteries shot but maybe it needs a new battery and this what is preventing it from updating.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I drive my truck almost everyday i don't think the batteries shot but maybe it needs a new battery and this what is preventing it from updating.
Before an update can fail due to low battery voltage, it has to be sent to your truck first. Having a low SOC will not prevent an OTA trigger from being created for your truck, but it can prevent the update from successfully installing.

Edit: It is also good to reset the truck's BMS every now and then. You can have a good battery, but if the BMS is not reading it correctly, it will make your truck think the battery has low voltage when it is not the case. I just helped a member of F150 forum out less than an hour ago that had a TRM update failing over and over again due to low battery voltage. I told him to reset the BMS, he did, and the next time he initiated the update, it went through without a glitch.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Just got 4.2.4 today. Coincidentally, I filled the truck up last night. Went out at lunch time to pick up my son from school, about 15 minutes or so, stopped for coffee on the way to drop him off at home, parked, set the parking brake (I always use the parking brake) while he ran inside for coffee. Got the notification that it updated. Also, after I clicked update details, it wouldn’t let me go back to the CarPlay screen. It was still connected, but if you pressed on CarPlay, it just wouldn’t go over to it. Left work today and it works as it should.

Ford F-150 New Power-Up OTA Update 4.2.4 IMG_1245

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I'm pretty sure my truck is going to install this tonight or tomorrow. When I hit update details on my way home in my truck, it showed details for 4.2.4. Still nothing in FordPass though.
Sponsored