Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
So question for those with the tuner.
When new versions of tunes are released do you get notifications from Livernios?
I see mentions of v6, v8, and v9, if you were running v6 and updated to newer version are there "release" notes?
I’ve had mine for 10 months and never received any notice about new versions or updates.
Sponsored

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Anyone have or try running the E-boost? My tuner just came in and excited to get started tomorrow. Also, I’ve read you have to get under the hood to change tunes, still the case or is “on the fly” tune change available now for 2021+ (I have ‘21)
I plan to try it out, this is the response from them when I asked what it does.

"The eboost tune keeps the truck in electric mode longer and you don't have to granny the gas pedal to keep it there. It will eventually change to gas to charge the battery then go back to electric"

Wolverine7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
I'm intrigued by this new eboost. Does anyone have any data or experience on what it gives?

Does it now work electric above 60mph? How much can you give on the gas in an electric mode before it goes back to gas? Any measurable changes to fuel efficiency by having the greater electric mode?

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
I'm intrigued by this new eboost. Does anyone have any data or experience on what it gives?

Does it now work electric above 60mph? How much can you give on the gas in an electric mode before it goes back to gas? Any measurable changes to fuel efficiency by having the greater electric mode?
I have asked them already for what it does as far as Fuel economy, waiting on an answer

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
So call me naïve.. is the 'eboost' thing a Livernois tune/option? I just connected MyCalibrator and checked for updates, and there are none.

Side note: I loaded the 87+ oct performance tune over the 91+ performance tune, and it seems smoother. Not sure if placebo effect from the new tune loading and resetting KAM/trans learning. Maybe this 98F+ FL heat hasn't been kind either, but it does feel smoother.

Sponsored

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
So call me naïve.. is the 'eboost' thing a Livernois tune/option? I just connected MyCalibrator and checked for updates, and there are none.

Side note: I loaded the 87+ oct performance tune over the 91+ performance tune, and it seems smoother. Not sure if placebo effect from the new tune loading and resetting KAM/trans learning. Maybe this 98F+ FL heat hasn't been kind either, but it does feel smoother.
When I last was looking to purchase the option was not there, I was going to buy this last week and noticed it was an addon for $100 more.

Not sure if it's able to be bought after but I just noticed the option on the site.

Bendoza

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I ended up buying it and it’s great. It does stay in electric longer. It’s listed as “E-boost tow tune” so I used it towing this past weekend. I was in tow mode so it didn’t do anything different on the electric (was off while driving) but did improving towing as well.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I ended up buying it and it’s great. It does stay in electric longer. It’s listed as “E-boost tow tune” so I used it towing this past weekend. I was in tow mode so it didn’t do anything different on the electric (was off while driving) but did improving towing as well.
That's no good. One reason towing doesn't turn off ICE is due to the high-heat conditions present with towing and the fact that what oil is left in the turbos has a higher propensity to boil off (not to mention missing needed cooling when engine braking is there, as well as full trans cooling). ICE remains on to keep all cooling going and engine braking alive and keep fresh oil flowing through the turbos (also has a cooling benefit, in addition to the coolant). If you're towing a brick wall behind you, use tow haul and keep the cooling alive. If you're towing high/hot/heavy, the thing you should be worried about are critical components.

For towing around town where it's uneventful, use normal mode. Don't fuck with your tow haul mode ala turning off ICE. Ford didn't accidentally mess that logic up.

Bendoza

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
That's no good. One reason towing doesn't turn off ICE is due to the high-heat conditions present with towing and the fact that what oil is left in the turbos has a higher propensity to boil off (not to mention missing needed cooling when engine braking is there, as well as full trans cooling). ICE remains on to keep all cooling going and engine braking alive and keep fresh oil flowing through the turbos (also has a cooling benefit, in addition to the coolant). If you're towing a brick wall behind you, use tow haul and keep the cooling alive. If you're towing high/hot/heavy, the thing you should be worried about are critical components.

For towing around town where it's uneventful, use normal mode. Don't fuck with your tow haul mode ala turning off ICE. Ford didn't accidentally mess that logic up.
That’s what I mean…When in tow mode, ICE ran the whole time. But in normal mode with E-tune, the electric runs longer.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
That’s what I mean…When in tow mode, ICE ran the whole time. But in normal mode with E-tune, the electric runs longer.
Okay, it sounded like they were blending in ICE OFF in tow mode which is bad. Personally I wouldn't allow a 3rd party to play with the hybrid stuff without CLEARLY stating what exactly they're doing. If they won't disclose it, don't trust it.

Sponsored

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Ok thank you, I will pay attention to the shifts when I get.
So does it have to be this 3rd party tuner? Can Ford mechs not fix it? Or is it the Ford 'default' that is crap?
Mine was smooth in the beginning, then started to get real clunky, dealer did 2 relearns on separate occasions and those didn't work. The third time they did an update and completed a relearn I have not had an issue since with the transmission 3000 miles after last dealer visit. This was without a tune or anything just from factory.

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
Mine arrived today. As someone else mentioned, the instructions could be a little better.

Also, you can’t run the software via Parallels on a Macbook. Now deciding whether to use an old Windows 8 PC I’ve got or go buy A new low end laptop.
Is there a particular reason it doesn't work with Parallels? Hate to purchase a new laptop only for this.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
It's been a while since I set mine up but seems like I remember Livernois said Parallels wouldn't work. I'd check with them, maybe it's different now.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I think I've read that setting up bootcamp (on Intel based CPUs) works. Support for that was nixed with the Mx line of CPUs though.

I ended up using my work Windows test machine for Livernois and Forscan, after some fuckery to get around employer-installed SW nannies..

Hotshot Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Derrick and Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotshotoffroad.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
this e boost feature is pretty sweet. Glad you ended up liking it too!
Sponsored