First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
A neighbor friend with a 2022 F-150 received his Livernois MyCalibrator package yesterday. We followed the first step, A.
- Installing their software on his Windows 10 Pro computer with the latest updates.
- Connected the device to the computer via the supplied USB cable..
- The device boots.... Loading.... splash screen and just hangs on the Livernois MyCalibrator splash screen.

The instructions say "Program should connect automatically..." but it doesn't tell you what to do when it doesn't do connect.

We called Livernois support yesterday, but who ever answered the phone was in a big ass hurry and simply said there's a video on YouTube, what video and/or reboot and the driver should load automatically..... again, what video and what do you do when it doesn't automatically do something. My neighbor is ready to box it back up and return the thing.

I'm betting I need a device driver. I googled around couldn't find anything specific to our issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Mine is finicky, but mainly because my windows laptop only has usb-c ports so I have to use an adapter. I just need to buy a usb-c version to avoid the problem.

It does sound like either a driver issue, or perhaps a bad cable. Try a known-good cable and be sure that it's a USB data cable - some cheap cables are wired internally to only provide power and won't transfer data.

OP
OP
TexasTruck

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thanks @Eskram , we tried "good" cables too. I did manage to find "the video" that iconically posted two day ago....

("poof" is at 2:22 if you're interested)

Dan explains "connect the device to your laptop and poof... the software connects to the device..." BUT what do you do when it doesn't go poof :LOL:

Any time you connect a USB device to at least Windows 10 or 11 you hear a system beep when it recognizes the USB device. We don't hear that beep either.....

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Call them back. Tell them to slow down. Explain that you have heard their support is excellent, but you are not feeling it.

Get their name at the beginning of the call. Tell them if you have to return it, the reason will be because 'their name' was less than helpful.

OP
OP
TexasTruck

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thanks guys. And for the record, I don't blame Livernois, it's Windows. I've worked on a lot of HW/SW for computers and I'm used to it. But some one who doesn't know this stuff can get really frustrating.

At least they have a "video" now and likely didn't have time to update their instructions yet. Having written my share of computer documentation, they need to include the what if scenario, at least say, it's not our fault the Windows device driver model sucks and you might have to keep trying ;)

Any way, I brought my Win 11 laptop over to my neighbor this morning, installed the Livernois MyCalibrator software, launched it, connected the device and beep and poof :)

Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasTruck

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I was reading through the tuner install instructions and they say to remove the three connectors at the firewall.

Shouldn’t we disconnect the negative battery cable first?

TIA

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I was reading through the tuner install instructions and they say to remove the three connectors at the firewall.

Shouldn’t we disconnect the negative battery cable first?

TIA
No, you leave the negative cable on through the whole process.

It does seem counterintuitive, as most of the time if you're doing electrical stuff you do want the negative cable disconnected.

OP
OP
TexasTruck

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!

kdub351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Im having this issue currently as well. When I connect the device to my laptop, it just cycles through the boot screen.

If i connect manually, and pick the appropriate com port, I can get the device to connect, but it gives an error saying that functionality is limited (cant do anything, cant check for updates)

This is a windows 10 computer.
anyone have any luck?

kdub351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
FYI I figured it out myself. It seems to be kind of finicky with connecting to my computer.

Ive been able to get it to connect by manually choosing the comm port after waiting a solid 2 minutes. The mycalibrator unit has to get to the "splash screen" before attempting to connect.

If the mycalibrator software is open when I plug it in, it will not work for me. I have to plug in, wait for splash screen, then open mycalibrator software and manually choose the correct port.

Hope this helps anyone else having issues.
Sponsored