Lane centering just alert with cruise?

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I keep trying the lane centering with cruise on the highway but I’m just not liking it. The “Keep your hands on the wheel” alert is annoying when I have both hands on the wheel. And it is unsettling to have it “fight” me so I just turn it off. But, what I would like is for it to alert me if I start to wander out of the lane. basically, the same functionality as when I’m not using cruise. The steering wheel vibration is perfect. i want adaptive cruise and the vibration.

anyone found a setting combination that makes it work this way?
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Last edited:

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I don’t have the luxury of having my truck yet, but this tutorial video on the other thread was pretty helpful ?

He goes over cruise control settings beginning around the 35:55 mark.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/full-video-tutorial-of-sync-4-system-in-the-2021-f-150.2037/

AAC9F509-124A-489C-94D5-BDFCD2F3BA69.png

In the “features” section, you can go to the Driver Assist features and adjust the three different cruise control levels, Normal, Adaptive, and Intelligent.

1C400E24-8925-406D-B470-9B00564D612F.png

Hope this helps!
For me this section started a bit later, around 40:15.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I keep trying the lane centering with cruise on the highway but I’m just not liking it. The “Keep your hands on the wheel” alert is annoying when I have both hands on the wheel. And it is unsettling to have it “fight” me so I just turn it off. But, what I would like is for it to alert me if I start to wander out of the lane. basically, the same functionality as when I’m not using cruise. The steering wheel vibration is perfect. i want adaptive cruise and the vibration.

You want the Lane Keeping setting set to "Alert".

This is not the same system as ACC with Lane Centering.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed

Agree completely when there is a decent amount of traffic and undefined lines on the road it makes it borderline dangerous because it fights your input. I tend to not use cruise control much anyway but was playing around with the new technology to see how it works. Based on the limited play time I don’t think I’ll be using the full featured cruise control unless the roads have very very light traffic.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Thanks. turning off lane centering under the cruise control section worked.

i kept switching around the lane keeping options with no luck.
Sponsored