Sponsored

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Thank you for setting me straight! (Terrible pun, I know)
Co-pilot assist is the only feature my truck is missing that I wish it had
What configuration is your truck? I'm wondering if mine will have the capability. I have a 502a on order but it does not have 360 camera. Is 360 camera needed ?
Sponsored

Boosted0407

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2016 BMW 340i, 2018 BMW X1
What configuration is your truck? I'm wondering if mine will have the capability. I have a 502a on order but it does not have 360 camera. Is 360 camera needed ?
When I used the Ford build tool online it would automatically add 360 camera once I added Copilot, so I believe so.

Here’s the link to my truck including window sticker (on this site, just a different thread)

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/smoked-quartz-f-150-2021-photos-videos-thread.391/post-13205

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
When I used the Ford build tool online it would automatically add 360 camera once I added Copilot, so I believe so.

Here’s the link to my truck including window sticker (on this site, just a different thread)

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/smoked-quartz-f-150-2021-photos-videos-thread.391/post-13205
Thank you. After looking at the order guide, I'm still just as confused. It shows that it's a standard feature for 502a, optional for 501a. This is canadian order guide by the way, no 500a. Below where It shows features you can add on, still shows 502a included, but there's a note if added to 501a, 360 camera is needed.

Ford F-150 Lane Centering feature in action Screenshot_20210118-170304~2

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for setting me straight! (Terrible pun, I know)
Co-pilot assist is the only feature my truck is missing that I wish it had
Do you need both hands on the wheel to stop getting the alarm? Or just one?

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
I’ve used it on my explorer, while I do appreciate the system & it’s benefits, some comments worry me here...

Often the system sees the fog line veer to the right & it attempts to follow it. Such as an off ramp or the start of a passing lane. It’s jerked the wheel right & tried to take the exit on me several times.

I strongly suggest against hanging a weight on your wheel to make the vehicle think you’re paying attention when you are clearly not! Becoming to complacent and treating the system as a fully functioning copilot may not end well.

Sponsored

Boosted0407

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2016 BMW 340i, 2018 BMW X1
With regards to the alarm you get with no hands on the wheel, I haven’t tried one hand to see if that satisfies the electronics.

With regards to the alarm you get when it detects the truck is drifting, I turned that off entirely. Mine is set to assist only, so it will give a tug on the wheel if I’m going astray but no alarms.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Only been on a test drive so far, but I was able to turn off the hands on the wheel alarm by just twitching the wheel with one hand.

stocovick

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat
Hi there, could someone confirm if the lane keep works at lower speeds? My 2019 accord disables it if the speed drops under 60km/h or about 37mph. Thanks!

Regrebner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Hi there, could someone confirm if the lane keep works at lower speeds? My 2019 accord disables it if the speed drops under 60km/h or about 37mph. Thanks!
Minimum set speed is 15. But it can start from stopped by clicking resume and will follow car in front of you at any speed all the way to 0.

stocovick

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat
Minimum set speed is 15. But it can start from stopped by clicking resume and will follow car in front of you at any speed all the way to 0.
But are you only referring to the adaptive cruise or the lane centering as well? Does the lane centering stay active at those lower speeds as well? Thanks!

Sponsored

Regrebner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
But are you only referring to the adaptive cruise or the lane centering as well? Does the lane centering stay active at those lower speeds as well? Thanks!
Yes lane centering will start / stop in stop and go traffic. Keeps you centered at all speeds as long as there are visible lines. Sometimes it has trouble with a curb but works sometimes.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Yes. One hand, even a finger, is enough if it feels the resistance.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I’ve done two fairly long road trips (SF to Tucson and SF to Oregon) and used the adaptive cruise control and lane centering a lot. Really an amazing system and significantly better than the system on my wife’s F-Pace. My trick for managing the “hands on steering wheel” warning is to tilt the steering wheel down slightly so that my left leg can easily apply pressure to the wheel. Works well and minimizes the warnings. Also, I recommend using it only on divided highways and freeways, preferably in the far left lane. It has a tendency to pull into center turn lanes and exit ramps so you have to watch for that very closely.

TKOden

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I did a 10 hr road trip last Friday and it worked really well. I will add a few comments on things I noticed.

1) Lane centering doesn't work well on high speed windy roads. Where I live a lot of the 2 lane roads are 55MPH. The truck can not anticipate how sharp the curve is and will often under steer running you into the other lane or off the shoulder.

2) During certain times of the day the system will pick up the tar that they use to seal cracks in the road thinking it is a line. My guess is that when the sun hits the tar just right the reflection makes it look white-ish.

3) If someone slows down in front of you to turn the system freaks out and slams on the brakes. I have had the truck come to a complete stop and not start moving again until the car in front is clear for 10-15 sec. This can be really dangerous on fast (55-65 mph) 2 lane roads. I find myself overriding the adaptive cruse control when I see a car slowing down in front of me.

Overall I love the system but as others have said, it is really best on interstates.
Sponsored