Sponsored

Issues with Adaptive Cruise Control Speed Sign Recognition (SYNC version 21281.244 - OTA 2.3.0)

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I have updated SYNC/APIM to version 21281 rev 244. This update (which is part of the 2.3.0 OTA) removed the "Intelligent Cruise Control" and moved the "Speed Sign Recognition" under the "Adaptive Cruise Control" section. And this is where my issue lies. It seems APIM does not retain the "Speed Sign Recognition" settings and it deactivates when the truck is restarted. Sometimes it deactivates during the drive, or even when I cycle Cruise Control button ON/OFF/ON on the steering wheel. Without this function my truck does not follow/change speed based on detected speed signs. This does not seems to be camera or IPMA related issue as the truck keeps detecting and showing speed limits on the ICP. Its only the Adaptive Cruise Control that is affected. When I re-activate the feature, all seems to work fine. The settings does not persist though.

Ford F-150 Issues with Adaptive Cruise Control Speed Sign Recognition (SYNC version 21281.244 - OTA 2.3.0) F7B7408F-FC90-47A8-92C8-40C77D86F1A6

Anyone else is having this issue ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I can confirm this exact issue with my recently updated APIM to SYNC version 21281 rev244 and updated IMPA.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I did some driving around on the highway and my Adaptive Cruise Control is really messed up! So, on top of the "Speed Sign Recognition" not retaining its settings in APIM, when I deactivate and subsequently reactivate the ACC on steering wheel, the ACC will stop following the posted speed limit, either though the speed limit is still recognized and shown on the IPC just fine. I have to go to SYNC -> Features -> Adaptive Cruise Control and cycle the feature there, then it starts working again

I don't think this is IPMA related. I have updated my IPMA weeks ago, and all was working fine. This issue started happening after my APIM updated to 21281 rev244

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have updated SYNC/APIM to version 21281 rev 244. This update (which is part of the 2.3.0 OTA) removed the "Intelligent Cruise Control" and moved the "Speed Sign Recognition" under the "Adaptive Cruise Control" section. And this is where my issue lies. It seems APIM does not retain the "Speed Sign Recognition" settings and it deactivates when the truck is restarted. Sometimes it deactivates during the drive, or even when I cycle Cruise Control button ON/OFF/ON on the steering wheel. Without this function my truck does not follow/change speed based on detected speed signs. This does not seems to be camera or IPMA related issue as the truck keeps detecting and showing speed limits on the ICP. Its only the Adaptive Cruise Control that is affected. When I re-activate the feature, all seems to work fine. The settings does not persist though.

F7B7408F-FC90-47A8-92C8-40C77D86F1A6.jpeg

Anyone else is having this issue ?
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this setting concern on your F-150. Thanks!

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I also have this same issue immediately after updating to 2.3.0 last night. The Speed Sign function is not remembered between key cycles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this setting concern on your F-150. Thanks!

Hello FMC,

I really appreciate having a company representative here and responding to this issue. i have PM-ed you my VIN just as requested, but please note, this might not be vehicle specific issue, as other users reported the same after installing the 2.3.0 OTA update.

Please have your engineering team to look into this issue.

Thanks in advance!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Hello FMC,

I really appreciate having a company representative here and responding to this issue. i have PM-ed you my VIN just as requested, but please note, this might not be vehicle specific issue, as other users reported the same after installing the 2.3.0 OTA update.

Please have your engineering team to look into this issue.

Thanks in advance!
Just checked mine. Same result as yours. It doesn’t retain the setting between ignition cycles.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I’ll check this on mine tomorrow.

Anyone not able to turn on cross traffic alert after the update?

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Good afternoon. The speed sign recognition does default to off after I turn the truck off and back on. This is a feature I didn’t use when it was the “intelligent” because if I’m driving on the highway and a service road is next to the highway, sometimes it will pick up that sign and the truck goes from 65 to 45 and the people behind me are like WTF!

I rather control my speed, I did notice that the speed sign icon on my dash display now changes a lot earlier than before. Before the the update, once the truck passed the sign is when it would reflect the change.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I’ll check this on mine tomorrow.

Anyone not able to turn on cross traffic alert after the update?
I just tested the “Cross Traffic Alert” switch within the “Features” section and it seems to be working fine on my side

Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I just tested the “Cross Traffic Alert” switch within the “Features” section and it seems to be working fine on my side
Thanks. I just checked mine again and it is selected on. Not sure why it wouldn't let me select it on after the update.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Further update on this issue:

It seems the APIM settings related to ACC/SSR are messed up. Not the ACC itself. I learned that If I "set it and forget it” the ACC with SSR works as expected. The issue arises when you restart your truck and you purposely go to SYNC Settings -> Features -> Cruise Control to verify the AAC settings. That’s when it messes it up. It does not just deactivates the SSR but the CC mode itself shows no mode is selected:

1643396559458.png

When you tap "Adaptive Cruise Control" it will show that your "Speed Sign Recognition" is deactivated. But if fact, it deactivates this feature right when you enter this menu. So as long as you re-activate it and don’t enter this menu afterwards, it works!

It seems to me, that the APIM software has a bug, where it does not retain ACC and SSR setting in its EEPROM and when you enter this AAC menu, default values are loaded. I believe this bug was introduced when Ford developers moved the SSR under AAC menu.

@Ford Motor Company, please pass on this message to your APIM development team

Last edited:

jtcomin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Fusion, 2019 Flex, 2004 Jeep TJ, 1996 Sierra
Occupation
Bean Counter
Same issues here with ACC and SSR. It’s very frustrating. Also having issues since the update with “Please Wait” screen that keeps cycling and with the “Ground Fault Detected” screen popping up. Hopefully the fixes come soon.

Ford F-150 Issues with Adaptive Cruise Control Speed Sign Recognition (SYNC version 21281.244 - OTA 2.3.0) 8DFA1A4C-94A0-4FE2-8F29-6AC48CA09499

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Just curious, and semi-unrelated to this, where does the instrument cluster speed sign information come from? Is it the same as died sign recognition or can it pull in data from elsewhere too? I have found a few places in my travels where the cluster will display a speed limit that is incorrect, and after several times through the area staring at every sign possible, there are no signs with that speed. Most times it's reading a speed lower than posted, but I know one small stretch where my truck always says 45 when the limit is 40.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Just curious, and semi-unrelated to this, where does the instrument cluster speed sign information come from? Is it the same as died sign recognition or can it pull in data from elsewhere too? I have found a few places in my travels where the cluster will display a speed limit that is incorrect, and after several times through the area staring at every sign possible, there are no signs with that speed. Most times it's reading a speed lower than posted, but I know one small stretch where my truck always says 45 when the limit is 40.
Its a combination of image recognition and live map data (if you have connected navigation). Yes, the image recognition is not perfect! Sometimes it picks up speed limit signs from frontage roads, running parallel to the highway; this can be super annoying when your truck tries to slow down to 45MPH where the highway posted speed is 70MPH. I've seen it sometimes pick up school zone speed signs as well, but not always
Sponsored