Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
can anyone elaborate on this?
A good chunk of the 22 trucks have both navigation and sat radio deleted. Some only had nav deleted and actually had sat radio since that is done in the ACM and not the APIM.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Wait so that stupid little MPH thing is from camera recognition?
I thought it was from Nav in your truck?
'Such and such road is 35mph', so it just tells you...?
Learned a new thing today...

Ford F-150 Forscan speed sign recognition 1000007573

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
A good chunk of the 22 trucks have both navigation and sat radio deleted. Some only had nav deleted and actually had sat radio since that is done in the ACM and not the APIM.
Oh dang I was hoping someone knew a Forscan to delete SiriusXM

Rineland

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT 302A 4x4 CCSB 3.5L EB
Occupation
Engineer
I would imagine it is possible to remove SiriusXM as a source using Forscan. I think you would do the opposite of those of us that have added it back in (myself included).

These are the lines I changed to re-enable SiriusXM.

7D0-01-01 *xxx-xxxx-xx This value went from 8 to A. If you have SiriusXM, I imagine this is already an A for you and you would change to 8. If it's not an A you will need to check Livinitup's spreadsheet to determine what it should be changed to in order to keep everything existing but disable SDARS.

727-01-01 *xxx-xxxx-xx This value went from B to 3. Instead of B to 3, you would change your 3 to a B. As mentioned above, if it's not a 3 already, the spreadsheet would need to be reviewed to keep the other fields the same but have SDARS disabled.

Below is the thread I used to get SiriusXM back if you want a reference.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/my22-adding-siriusxm.14798/

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Wait so that stupid little MPH thing is from camera recognition?
I thought it was from Nav in your truck?
'Such and such road is 35mph', so it just tells you...?
Learned a new thing today...
Its from both lol. It will display the speed limit based off gps, but then update and change if it reads a different speed limit from a sign.

mdomicolo

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F-150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Union Electrician
After some reading I think im going to skip the attempt at enabing the Sign Recognition due to the lack of navigation. With that said do you think the turn by turn changes will still work if I just change those two values?

720-05-01 xxxx x1xx xx—
720-10-01 xxxx xx4x xx—

I’m wondering if this will work with google maps? It seems my truck only shows the turns and stuff on the Speedo cluster for Apple Maps, but not google maps.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
The bolded settings for 7D0-01-01 are what I used to disable SiriusXM and ignore any DTCs it might generate:
Ford F-150 Forscan speed sign recognition IMG_4490

I’m wondering if this will work with google maps? It seems my truck only shows the turns and stuff on the Speedo cluster for Apple Maps, but not google maps.
I haven't found a way to do it for Google maps 🤷‍♂️

mdomicolo

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F-150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Union Electrician
The bolded settings for 7D0-01-01 are what I used to disable SiriusXM and ignore any DTCs it might generate:
IMG_4490.jpeg

I haven't found a way to do it for Google maps 🤷‍♂️

Ahhh okay. I probably shouldn’t have made all those changes, because my non nav truck already did it with Apple maps. I think I’m getting a DTC now too from the IPMA

1lowcourier

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 stx
Occupation
Golf Course Construction
So after upgrading my '23 STX with the 8" cluster I've messed around a bit to get the speed sign recognition working. Right now the speed limit comes on white after passing a sign then grays out and goes away sometimes. I also noticed that it's not on the nav screen anymore. Am I doing something wrong. I followed the codes posted earlier.

Sponsored

Rineland

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
So after upgrading my '23 STX with the 8" cluster I've messed around a bit to get the speed sign recognition working. Right now the speed limit comes on white after passing a sign then grays out and goes away sometimes. I also noticed that it's not on the nav screen anymore. Am I doing something wrong. I followed the codes posted earlier.
If you have built in navigation, your values will be different as it’s going to get info from the navigation unit as well as the front camera. These changes were for those that do not have navigation or had it removed due to chip shortages.

1lowcourier

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 stx
Occupation
Golf Course Construction
If you have built in navigation, your values will be different as it’s going to get info from the navigation unit as well as the front camera. These changes were for those that do not have navigation or had it removed due to chip shortages.
I do have nav. So do you know where I would be able to find the correct ones. I've been searching without much luck. I've been trying to use the spreadsheet but can be difficult

Rineland

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I do have nav. So do you know where I would be able to find the correct ones. I've been searching without much luck. I've been trying to use the spreadsheet but can be difficult
706-02-01 *XXX XXXX XX— is where you want to check. The other lines should be the same. We’re using 5 for our non-nav trucks. 6 or 7 will change the mode to “fusion” and will use data from the nav unit as well as the camera. You’ll have to check the spreadsheet to make sure your other features remain the same while turning fusion on to determine if you should use 6 or 7.

1lowcourier

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 stx
Occupation
Golf Course Construction
706-02-01 *XXX XXXX XX— is where you want to check. The other lines should be the same. We’re using 5 for our non-nav trucks. 6 or 7 will change the mode to “fusion” and will use data from the nav unit as well as the camera. You’ll have to check the spreadsheet to make sure your other features remain the same while turning fusion on to determine if you should use 6 or 7.
Right on I appreciate that. I will have a look. Thank you

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
If it helps, I have the navigation, but couldn't get the speed sign recognition to work beyond what you mentioned above using the fusion option. I kept it though because it is more accurate than the navigation speed limit values.
Sponsored