Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control Issue

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
I periodically get an Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available message when starting up the truck. After a few seconds the message disappears. I have ACC activated in settings.

The error message will also appear while driving and using ACC. In these instances, when the message pops up, cruise control becomes disabled and I have to press Set to reengage and continue driving.

Any ideas for why this happens? Is there a fix (other than to disable ACC in settings)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
2Lazy2P

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
I'll check them when I have some daylight. Thanks for the tip.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
thought the adaptive cruise also had something to do with the radar in the middle of the bumper? Camera is for lane centering and sign reading.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
thought the adaptive cruise also had something to do with the radar in the middle of the bumper? Camera is for lane centering and sign reading.
Correct, radar is rarely going to be an issue unless OP has Wile E. Coyote stuck to front bumper.

I also vote for bird mess blocking camera but heavy dew on windshield this time of year could also do it. My auto wipers give a swipe in morning to get the dew out of way.
Sponsored