First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
This is the response I got from Ford regarding the failure to get vehicle data. Spinning wheel iconic

Hi,

The following information is being provided for assistance with the proper configuration of your computer.

Configuring Internet Options

From your computers Control Panel open "Internet Options" and to the Advanced Tab. Click "Restore Advanced Settings" (Click Apply) then click the "reset..." button and then "reset" again on the new window.

Open Internet Options again and go to the security tab, then click on "Trusted Sites" and then "Sites". Uncheck the box for "Require server verification". Then use the box to add the following sites they all must include the * so type them exactly as below one at a time and click add.

*.ford.com
*.motorcraftservice.com
*.dealerconnection.com
*.fordservicecontent.com

Firewall
The same domains listed above should also be added to a whitelist for any software based or hardware/Network based firewall/Web-filter

Web browsers
Finally, make sure you are using the Microsoft Edge web browser. Chrome, Safari, And Firefox are NOT supported on the website or as being the default browser on the computer.

Additional software
For certain areas of the site to display the full contents, you must have the Adobe reader and SVG Viewer installed on your computer.
Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
This is the response I got from Ford regarding the failure to get vehicle data. Spinning wheel iconic

Hi,

The following information is being provided for assistance with the proper configuration of your computer.

Configuring Internet Options

From your computers Control Panel open "Internet Options" and to the Advanced Tab. Click "Restore Advanced Settings" (Click Apply) then click the "reset..." button and then "reset" again on the new window.

Open Internet Options again and go to the security tab, then click on "Trusted Sites" and then "Sites". Uncheck the box for "Require server verification". Then use the box to add the following sites they all must include the * so type them exactly as below one at a time and click add.

*.ford.com
*.motorcraftservice.com
*.dealerconnection.com
*.fordservicecontent.com

Firewall
The same domains listed above should also be added to a whitelist for any software based or hardware/Network based firewall/Web-filter

Web browsers
Finally, make sure you are using the Microsoft Edge web browser. Chrome, Safari, And Firefox are NOT supported on the website or as being the default browser on the computer.

Additional software
For certain areas of the site to display the full contents, you must have the Adobe reader and SVG Viewer installed on your computer.

@Spiffy
Did it work?

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
it’s under settings in the head unit. it will tell you what you currently have. Fordpass app will tell you as well.
It is well hidden in the latest version of the FordPass App...

1. On the main screen, click on the Vehicle Image
  2. Open "Features & Settings"
  3. Click on "Software Updates"
  4. Click on "Recent Changes" (You should see the date of the latest download)
And you *should* get the "What's in this Update?" screen

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
It is well hidden in the latest version of the FordPass App...

1. On the main screen, click on the Vehicle Image
  2. Open "Features & Settings"
  3. Click on "Software Updates"
  4. Click on "Recent Changes" (You should see the date of the latest download)
And you *should* get the "What's in this Update?" screen
that’s how you do it! i been meaning to type the instructions but been busy to walkthrough it Lol.

Sponsored

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Just got 3.5.4 as well. Good job ford in pushing out the updates

Jan 11 - 3.5.2
Jan 28 - 3.5.3.2
Jan 31 - 3.5.4

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
I love the new update, but when I start my truck . The screen goes to the CarPlay automatically, before it’s was the nav screen. Is there a fix?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I have the update apparently (so says my fordpass app)… unfortunately my truck has been in the body shop for the last week and will be for the next 3 weeks - minor repairs but found a needed part after disassembly that is on backorder.

Anyway, I am curious if anyone has played with the dual phone feature? Is it simply a Bluetooth pairing? If one phone is on CP/AA, does the other phone still work over BT?

Can you quickly switch which phone is running CP/AA? This feature I would love as I have to into the menus and disable one phone for the other to connect and again to switch back.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have the update apparently (so says my fordpass app)… unfortunately my truck has been in the body shop for the last week and will be for the next 3 weeks - minor repairs but found a needed part after disassembly that is on backorder.

Anyway, I am curious if anyone has played with the dual phone feature? Is it simply a Bluetooth pairing? If one phone is on CP/AA, does the other phone still work over BT?

Can you quickly switch which phone is running CP/AA? This feature I would love as I have to into the menus and disable one phone for the other to connect and again to switch back.
Yes, to almost everything you asked, although for me both phones are Android.
Once two phones are connected, the menu in Sync for "Phone List" IS a nice interface for both phones and your ability to quickly determine which is the source for which functions.

Example, both phones will have an Android Auto icon but only one of the icons can be selected. And yes, you can switch to the other with a touch to the screen.

What it allows me to do is have one phone as the source for streaming music and displaying my Pids/gauges, while the other is managing Android Auto for navigation and making/receiving Bluetooth calls. The phone doing the streaming source is also connected to the trucks wifi as it's data gateway since it doesn't even have a SIM in it!

But that's just one possible scenario.
There's a bunch of different ways to skin almost every cat.

For right out of the box I think it's done pretty well. And the way Sync presents the ability to switch between the possibilities is low effort.

On my truck it even adds a shortcut for the "phone list" section up on the title bar. So no need to drill down while driving.

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I do not know if this matters. I went on a business trip last week and left my truck connected to wifi. Came back Friday to 3.5.3. On Monday I parked close to the work building to reach wifi and this morning had 3.5.4. I don't know if it helped, but my truck was built in September and I bought it in December. Started at 3.5.2 (I think) ATT Cellular is not great in my rural town.

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Anyone have a answer for this? When I go into settings in the truck and check software updates it doesn’t give any updates. Just says you software is up to date. No versions or anything. Tried to check on FordPass under recent updates and it’s not even there. Am I missing something?
Sponsored