First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I received a message on Ford Pass saying that my truck had been updated and I could now connect 2 phones via bluetooth.

I have an Android as my primary and an iPhone for work. (I’ll never understand why anyone would use iPhone, but that’s another story)

So I connected the iPhone while my Android was already connected and found that I can’t use both for music and streaming, which is fine since all my music, Netflix, Prime Video, etc… are on my Android.

I shut off music on the iPhone in the truck’s bluetooth menu and turned it back on the Android. Kind of annoying that it shut off the Android when I connected the iPhone but “whatever”…

Then I asked the truck to place a call and it defaulted to the iPhone’s contact list. It doesn’t even give you an option for which phone you want to use to make the call.

So I deleted the damn iPhone!

Anyone else had better success with this new feature?
Sponsored

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a similar issue with two iPhones. Does not seem to be a way to set which phone is the main phone, and all phone calls should go through that phone. Every time my wife gets in the truck, it picks her phone as the primary for phone, texts, and Siri. She has to turn off her Bluetooth to make my phone work.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Sounds like it is defaulting to the last phone added.

Delete them both and add them in the reverse order.

Just a guess.

OP
OP
GEN14OWNER

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like it is defaulting to the last phone added.

Delete them both and add them in the reverse order.

Just a guess.
You may be right, I haven't tried that yet but I will.
But if I can't place a call from the phone of my choice, I'm going to label this a "half" feature.
Perhaps it will improve in time. Most tech does.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
With two phones connected, both can receive an incoming call via Bluetooth?

Both can initiate a call FROM the phone and be experienced in Bluetooth?

If you ask Sync (or Alexa) to initiate a call, one of the two phones is already the priority for initiating the call?

If you enable text and email in Sync, it's going to be for only ONE of the two phones? (Surely you can't enable Sync for viewing email/texts on both)

I ask because I do have 2 phones always connected. Doesn't matter which connects fastest when I turn the truck on. In fact I don't know which connects first. I DO know that I don't have to alter the way I have chosen for each phone to participate everytime I start the truck, so at least it is honoring the configuration from the previous key cycle.

The only quirk I experience is that if I ask Alexa "Alexa, route me to work", sometimes she requests me to provide her the address. This is usually if I make the request quickly after starting the truck.
If I cancel the request and then ask again, she responds "Routing to work. Obey all... Blah"
Which confirms she DOES know where work is, but something (database) isn't available to her immediately upon powering up.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I received a message on Ford Pass saying that my truck had been updated and I could now connect 2 phones via bluetooth.

I have an Android as my primary and an iPhone for work. (I’ll never understand why anyone would use iPhone, but that’s another story)

So I connected the iPhone while my Android was already connected and found that I can’t use both for music and streaming, which is fine since all my music, Netflix, Prime Video, etc… are on my Android.

I shut off music on the iPhone in the truck’s bluetooth menu and turned it back on the Android. Kind of annoying that it shut off the Android when I connected the iPhone but “whatever”…

Then I asked the truck to place a call and it defaulted to the iPhone’s contact list. It doesn’t even give you an option for which phone you want to use to make the call.

So I deleted the damn iPhone!

Anyone else had better success with this new feature?
I’d say the same about android. I can’t imagine why anyone would use one. I tried over the years but the software always seems clunky and unfinished. 😂😂

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I made a video I didn’t want to try and explain it in words
Movie star. :)

Yep, no need to delete/add phones in different orders.
For right out of the box, I personally think they did a pretty good job for phone coexistence and the ability to change/assign roles.

OP
OP
GEN14OWNER

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I’d say the same about android. I can’t imagine why anyone would use one. I tried over the years but the software always seems clunky and unfinished. 😂😂
I had that coming.

Sorry but I’ve had both for the last ten years, getting the latest upgrade every two-years+/- and the list of things I CAN do with my Android and CAN’T do with my iPhone seems to grow longer with every upgrade.

And the things I can do with my iPhone that I can’t do with my Android are things I really don’t want anyway.

It’s very frustrating since most of my friends & family are iPhone fans.

My 1st Smartphone was the HTC EVO (Android) 12-years ago so by the time I finally did get an iPhone, I was already spoiled.

It’s the beauty of “Capitalism”. We each have our own…

Enjoy your iPhone! ...to a point. ;)

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can literally expense ANY piece of technology I purchase, with zero oversight.

And all the suits at national headquarters are confounded that I don't carry the phone they all carry.

I'm not going to say more. 🤣🤣🤣

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pot-stirrer. 😳🤣
Sponsored