Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The slotted discs and Brembo calipers? Are you racing that truck? I don't see a dent or scratch.
That truck was all about towing RV's all over the Rockies and out west, as well as being capable of exploring, within reason, the amazing off highway roads to "get there from here"

Just like the so-called "Sport Mode" of our trucks, the Brembos weren't about driving "sporty".

Those brakes simply had far superior braking force and were stunningly progressive and controlled about doing so. I can barely describe the confidence they provided in ALL driving conditions.

Same with the transmission shifting strategy that Ford labels as Sport Mode. What it REALLY is, in my opinion, the best shift strategy for the 10r80 if you only had one shift strategy. It treats the 10-speed as a 10-speed. And even driving casually, it is far more representative of when I would shift if the truck had a clutch. You don't have to be driving aggressively to appreciate the shift points, the suspension composure, or the braking prowess of a well sorted truck!

Drive any entry level base Porsche Cayman or Boxster. It's remarkable how a mundane commute to the office can be such a nice driving experience just because of all the components that make up the vehicles dynamics are so well engineered. You don't have to be hooliganing to appreciate it's prowess.

An F150 3.5 Ecoboost or Powerboost is an amazing vehicle in so many ways. But the brakes and suspension are definitely built to a price point that leaves a LOT of room for improvement. It can be transformed into a pickup truck that handles closer to a $130,000 X5M if you invest a fraction of the price difference.

I'm just not an SUV guy. 🤣🤣
Born to drive a pickup!
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I can barely describe the confidence they provided in ALL driving conditions.
Hard to argue with such strong testimony sir!

Plus they look cool all red and everything ;)

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
That truck was all about towing
Let's say I purchased a KR, Platinum, or Limited without realizing my payload was going to be #1300 on the sticker. I want to tow anyway and loaded up my payload will be #1800. Do you think this type of suspension along with tires and brakes would help?

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
My experience with Fox was that they ride and dampen great, even better if you get them valved and spec'd for your setup from someone like AccuTune, but midwest winters are very hard on them and shorten the life considerably. If I'm not mistaken, Fox recommends their coilovers are ready for a rebuild in the 50k range, even under normal conditions. Not an easy thing to deal with unless you REALLY enjoy wrenching and getting alignments, and also have a spare pair of coilovers to bolt up while your good set is in transit. The UCA upgrade is definitely necessary (to allow for the range of motion the shocks provide and for proper caster/alignment specs), and on the Tacoma platform (not sure about F150) all but a couple aftermarket UCA options use uniball upper ball joints. Those are even more intolerant of the winter months, make all kinds of noise, and need to be maintained diligently.

Just some things to consider if you're on the fence with these. They do look nice though!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Let's say I purchased a KR, Platinum, or Limited without realizing my payload was going to be #1300 on the sticker. I want to tow anyway and loaded up my payload will be #1800. Do you think this type of suspension along with tires and brakes would help?
You putting me on the spot on a public forum? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I ain't skeard. Not going to run from the question. But I will dodge a little by putting it this way........

My official Payload is my official Payload. But the prowess/composure that my truck has at managing that burden, as fully loaded Packmule, has a LOT of room for improvement. Especially on the 1/2 ton platform. They ship with the riding focus on the empty side of the Payload equation. Rightfully so, considering the percentage of them that will ever see more Payload than a run to Home depot for some mulch. I get it.

The beauty in the high quality (and admittedly $) and adjustable suspension components is you CAN get your truck setup for whatever burden you intend to put on the chassis, but still be able to "dial it back" for when you are empty.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
You putting me on the spot on a public forum? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I ain't skeard. Not going to run from the question. But I will dodge a little by putting it this way........

My official Payload is my official Payload. But the prowess/composure that my truck has at managing that burden, as fully loaded Packmule, has a LOT of room for improvement. Especially on the 1/2 ton platform. They ship with the riding focus on the empty side of the Payload equation. Rightfully so, considering the percentage of them that will ever see more Payload than a run to Home depot for some mulch. I get it.

The beauty in the high quality (and admittedly $) and adjustable suspension components is you CAN get your truck setup for whatever burden you intend to put on the chassis, but still be able to "dial it back" for when you are empty.
Goodness, I didn't consider the consequences of saying that out loud. Apologies😔

Is it difficult or time consuming to "dial" it back or up?

NO3PUTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT 302A Coyote
$3,700 is crazy money for these. As a Canadian it's out of the question. May as well spend a few more dollars and go full 6".

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So is King overpriced?
Icon?

It seems the premium products from the premium brands are relatively similar in pricing.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
$3,700 is crazy money for these. As a Canadian it's out of the question. May as well spend a few more dollars and go full 6".
Agreed.

I feel like if someone is going to spend that type of money for this suspension, they should have considered a more capable base platform from the get go - F150 Raptor.

Sponsored

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
Agreed.

I feel like if someone is going to spend that type of money for this suspension, they should have considered a more capable base platform from the get go - F150 Raptor.
I don't think thats a fair assessment...maybe if the purpose of the vehicle was primarily for offroad use, but I doubt thats even 10% of raptor owners.

In my area only chads drive Raptors and for me personallyI wanted a nice luxury vehicle that had things like Bluecruise, messaging seats, etc. because i drive a lot and I use it for work daily (I have a construction site services business) and I wanted something that I can use as a family travel vehicle. Yes I want it to ride great in all scenarios, but a Raptor doesnt really fit the bill here.

I really wish Ford would consider making a "Gentlemens Raptor". Take a Plat/Limited, add some better suspension and 35x10.5r20 with all the bells/whistles. Sell it for 110k.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I don't think thats a fair assessment...maybe if the purpose of the vehicle was primarily for offroad use, but I doubt thats even 10% of raptor owners.

In my area only chads drive Raptors and for me personallyI wanted a nice luxury vehicle that had things like Bluecruise, messaging seats, etc. because i drive a lot and I use it for work daily (I have a construction site services business) and I wanted something that I can use as a family travel vehicle. Yes I want it to ride great in all scenarios, but a Raptor doesnt really fit the bill here.

I really wish Ford would consider making a "Gentlemens Raptor". Take a Plat/Limited, add some better suspension and 35x10.5r20 with all the bells/whistles. Sell it for 110k.
A tremor?

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
I see your point and I do think that fits the bill for people wanting a factory lifted option with less of a douche factor...its why they are as popular as they are. However, I think this falls short in terms of options and suspension capability I was mentioning above.

For example a fully tricked out Tremor is $76k and doesnt have Powerboost or 7.2kw ProPower as even an option. Doesnt have as nice of an interior, no lay flat seats, messaging seats, etc.

Yes I understand a fully loaded Plat/Limited is more, but again when your spending 80k+ on a truck a few extra for aftermarket suspension isnt really that much relatviely speaking.

I personally would not trade my 21 PB Plat for a Tremor, even if it put a couple of grand in my pocket. I'd rather just upgrade the suspension to something like this or the Icon 2.5s.

Just my opinion though.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I see your point and I do think that fits the bill for people wanting a factory lifted option with less of a douche factor...its why they are as popular as they are. However, I think this falls short in terms of options and suspension capability I was mentioning above.

For example a fully tricked out Tremor is $76k and doesnt have Powerboost or 7.2kw ProPower as even an option. Doesnt have as nice of an interior, no lay flat seats, messaging seats, etc.

Yes I understand a fully loaded Plat/Limited is more, but again when your spending 80k+ on a truck a few extra for aftermarket suspension isnt really that much relatviely speaking.

I personally would not trade my 21 PB Plat for a Tremor, even if it put a couple of grand in my pocket. I'd rather just upgrade the suspension to something like this or the Icon 2.5s.

Just my opinion though.
I totally agree
Sponsored