Sponsored

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
I'm excited for this! Says it works with all models of the truck, so fingers crossed this can replace my CCD shocks! Truck was great for the trip up and down to Alaska but they have been way too floaty when loaded down especially. I'd be rolling up and down for a quarter mile after the bump in the road. I kept having to put the truck in sport mode but then it would just jar and shatter around. Had me contemplate trading back in for a Raptor but I'm sure just a set of these shocks would make me happy.

Ford F-150 Fox Race Series 3.0 Suspension released for 2021+ F-150 IMG_3654
Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'm excited for this! Says it works with all models of the truck, so fingers crossed this can replace my CCD shocks! Truck was great for the trip up and down to Alaska but they have been way too floaty when loaded down especially. I'd be rolling up and down for a quarter mile after the bump in the road. I kept having to put the truck in sport mode but then it would just jar and shatter around. Had me contemplate trading back in for a Raptor but I'm sure just a set of these shocks would make me happy.

IMG_3654.jpeg
They definitely would work for your use! Awesome truck! Maybe look at a bilstien 8112 also!

Are those SDHQ A-Pillar mounts?

Last edited:

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
They definitely would work for your use! Awesome truck! Maybe look at a bilstien 8112 also!

Are those SDHQ A-Pillar mounts?
I'll take a look at those, initially I was just browsing to see what fit the CCD trucks but I'll have to start calling to see who can confirm fitment for me.

The a-pillar mounts are the ones that come with the Baja Designs Squadron Pro kit but with the SDHQ Add-a-light for the BD S1s on the ditch. I am planning on replacing the baja design mount for the SDHQ as I notice a lot of vibration at speed with these. I had the SDHQ on my gen 2 raptor and they did not vibrate regardless of speed or terrain.

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Although the 2.5 & above "adjustable" aftermarket coilovers and shocks are expensive, they don't benefit the handling just for extreme off road. Far from it.

If you grew up riding motorcycles, expensive adjustable aftermarket suspension upgrades might be something you have experience with. And it can be as expensive or more than the same on 4 wheels.

Admittedly the average truck owner isn't going to be passionate about suspension tuning enough to warrant the expense, but they would find that it can transform the chassis dynamics of a truck every bit as much as it can on a Porsche or a KTM. 😁

There's a 40 mile stretch of washboard in West Texas that I traveled multiple times to get to my dad's 600 acres of whitetail farming.
There's no way to adequately describe what that hour each way was like on Fox 2.5 DSC in my truck VS when we were in someone else's truck.

20180623_135341.jpg

It simply manages those big heavy wheels/tires with superior damping and control.

nose1.jpg
How did you mount your reservoirs?

My Fox 2.5s are mounted above my struts. Kinda janky how the shop put them on a bracket with only one bolt holding it in place.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
How did you mount your reservoirs?

My Fox 2.5s are mounted above my struts. Kinda janky how the shop put them on a bracket with only one bolt holding it in place.
Bolted a bracket where pictured below, and mounted reservoir with stainless clamps.
It did subject them to the elements, but I have a habit of rotating tires and cleaning wheel wells often enough to keep things tidy in the area.

Ford F-150 Fox Race Series 3.0 Suspension released for 2021+ F-150 20180623_135341 (1)

Sponsored

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Bolted a bracket where pictured below, and mounted reservoir with stainless clamps.
It did subject them to the elements, but I have a habit of rotating tires and cleaning wheel wells often enough to keep things tidy in the area.

20180623_135341 (1).jpg
I saw that, but it’s not very clear how you mounted to the crash bar? Next time you got your wheels off I’d appreciate a snap. I’d probably have to buy new hoses for mine, but it’s nice and out of the way like that.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That's was my beloved 2018 KingRanch Ecoboost "Bucket List" truck.
I no longer own it.
Nor will I ever again designate anything bucket list.

You KEEP bucket list endeavors. 🙄

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA

IMG_3654.jpeg
any update?

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
any update?
Unfortunately I did not buy these. I did try a set of Fox 2.5 DSC. I didn't like them and it rode like the truck on stock suspension but in sport mode. Sold them and went back to stock CCD shocks with a leveling collar in the front and with Deaver +3HD in the rear. Works perfectly for me, I also have airbags in the back when I tow to keep things level. Works perfect, ride is smooth, handles like my Raptor used to, doesn't squat unless I load a motorcycle to the hitch or something while the bed is fully loaded.

Ford F-150 Fox Race Series 3.0 Suspension released for 2021+ F-150 IMG_4248_Original
Sponsored