Factory catalytic converter protection

McGuyver

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Grand National
Yes, these are priced right and an upgrade over fiberboard. Has anyone confirmed fitment of 17-20 Raptor plates HL3Z-7222-A, C, and E on a 21-23 Powerboost yet?
Sponsored

McGuyver

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Grand National
Any update on this?
Today as a matter of fact! Ford Parts Giant had the best price after taking shipping into consideration but they cancelled my order due to "backorder". Ford Parts Distributor showed to have one in stock so order placed and on my porch in 3 days.
My '22 Powerboost has both the forward frame holes for the captive nuts but only the driver side is easily accessible. On the passenger side there are some coolant lines in the way. So for now my is secured and pretty solid with the 3 tabs bolted to frame and the two little 8 mm in the front. I opted not to get the oil drain cover.
If you want all four tabs for max strength, it looks like you could remove a few brackets from the coolant lines and possibly shift them out of the way enough to slide the captive nut in but you would need a low profile button head bolt or shim the coolant lines out for clearance after snugging it up.
For my use, it protects the catalytic converters from a theft perspective and as long as I avoid a big hit to the right front part of the skid I should be good.

Sponsored

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Today as a matter of fact! Ford Parts Giant had the best price after taking shipping into consideration but they cancelled my order due to "backorder". Ford Parts Distributor showed to have one in stock so order placed and on my porch in 3 days.
My '22 Powerboost has both the forward frame holes for the captive nuts but only the driver side is easily accessible. On the passenger side there are some coolant lines in the way. So for now my is secured and pretty solid with the 3 tabs bolted to frame and the two little 8 mm in the front. I opted not to get the oil drain cover.
If you want all four tabs for max strength, it looks like you could remove a few brackets from the coolant lines and possibly shift them out of the way enough to slide the captive nut in but you would need a low profile button head bolt or shim the coolant lines out for clearance after snugging it up.
For my use, it protects the catalytic converters from a theft perspective and as long as I avoid a big hit to the right front part of the skid I should be good.
McGuyver, thanks for the update.

chandler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost FX4
Thank you! What bolts would I need to install this? Going to order those as well from FPG

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
ordered mine with plate 153 out the door at my ford dealer, using points to pay for it 🤗
should be here by today or tomorrow latest, it only has a 90 mile journey to take from fort worth

McGuyver

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Grand National
Thank you! What bolts would I need to install this? Going to order those as well from FPG
I believe these will work. Captive nut W717461-S439 and bolt W704336-S439. You can reuse the nuts and bolts from the rear L brackets that attach to the frame and you can pull two of the 8mm bolts out of the fiberboard shield for the front center attachment points. So order at least one set of captive nut and bolt for driver side front frame hole and another set if you feel like moving and shimming out the coolant lines on the passenger side.

chandler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost FX4
I believe these will work. Captive nut W717461-S439 and bolt W704336-S439. You can reuse the nuts and bolts from the rear L brackets that attach to the frame and you can pull two of the 8mm bolts out of the fiberboard shield for the front center attachment points. So order at least one set of captive nut and bolt for driver side front frame hole and another set if you feel like moving and shimming out the coolant lines on the passenger side.
Thank you! 💪

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
dealer called...its has arrived
going on in am...i will install it even though he offered for free as part of the 159 dollar price
my frame has all the holes, so it will be easy as pie
i am putting some sound deadening on it first so it does not TIN can going down the road

Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection felt alternate (1)

Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection felt alternate (2)

Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection felt alternate (3)

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
dealer called...its has arrived
going on in am...i will install it even though he offered for free as part of the 159 dollar price
my frame has all the holes, so it will be easy as pie
i am putting some sound deadening on it first so it does not TIN can going down the road

felt alternate (1).jpg

felt alternate (2).jpg

felt alternate (3).jpg
What kind or type of sound deadening material??

Spidergears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I know these and aftermarket plates are popular, and something I’m interested in.

I’m curious to know if anybody has monitor the transmission or cat temperature to see if it ran noticeably higher after swapping plates.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
damn looks like i'm sleeping on this for too long :( i need to get this done. was going to use FPG but it seems like they may be out now.
Sponsored