Sponsored

Factory catalytic converter protection

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Decided the cardboard FX-4 cover is only a minor deterrent for cat thieves and went with the "factory" option. Part # HL3Z-7222-E is the factory Raptor metal plate and runs about $168 from the online retailers. I searched around for the best shipped price and came up with Ford Parts Giant. They just slapped a label on and sent it. I also ordered the nuts and bolts and it turns out my 2021 does not have the front opening for the plates so I went without. It sits sturdy without the front ears bolted in. I contemplated drilling nutserts into the frame but decided against it. I am just over $200 to my door saving a good amount over the aftermarket. I did not purchase the outrageous oil drain cover however.
Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection Shipped
Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection Old
Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection New
Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection Left
Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection Right
Ford F-150 Factory catalytic converter protection Drain
Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Interesting!

It‘s silly the FX4 “plates” aren’t like this, Ford.

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
i swear i saw a video recently where a guy put this on his 21 Platinum and it had all the mounting points needed. the ONLY thing i'd be worried about now is that plate vibrating against the frame. makes me wonder if i got the mounting points underneath. this is something ive wanted to do.

EDIT: it was a 2018 Platinum :/

OP
OP

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
i swear i saw a video recently where a guy put this on his 21 Platinum and it had all the mounting points needed. the ONLY thing i'd be worried about now is that plate vibrating against the frame. makes me wonder if i got the mounting points underneath. this is something ive wanted to do.

I pulled the front mounts back a little to avoid rattles. As far as powerboost, I am not familiar with how that effects that area.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
I pulled the front mounts back a little to avoid rattles. As far as powerboost, I am not familiar with how that effects that area.
Can you give me a little more detail about the "outrageous oil drain cover?" Is this a separate model that includes a door? I'm going to do this mod as well but I either need to cut a drain door, or investigate this secondary option of yours.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Can you give me a little more detail about the "outrageous oil drain cover?" Is this a separate model that includes a door? I'm going to do this mod as well but I either need to cut a drain door, or investigate this secondary option of yours.
The little cover cost $108. As much as the whole skid plate now.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
The little cover cost $108. As much as the whole skid plate now.
you referring to that oblong cutout in the cover that you bought? There is a cover that fits in there for $108? I would probably fabricate a door to access the oil drain.

OP
OP

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
you referring to that oblong cutout in the cover that you bought? There is a cover that fits in there for $108? I would probably fabricate a door to access the oil drain.
Yes, HL3Z-7222-A. Don't see a need for anything there so I am just going to leave it as it is.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a

I had the front bolt mounts on my '22 157" Lariat, so not sure why OP doesn't have them.

Yes, HL3Z-7222-A. Don't see a need for anything there so I am just going to leave it as it is.
The 17-20 Raptor plates are HL3Z-7222-A, C, and E.

The oil drain covers are HL3Z-7222-B, D, and F.

The B cover will not fit the E plate verified by a user on the Tremor boards. So for the current E plate you need the F cover.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I had the front bolt mounts on my '22 157" Lariat, so not sure why OP doesn't have them.

The 17-20 Raptor plates are HL3Z-7222-A, C, and E.

The oil drain covers are HL3Z-7222-B, D, and F.

The B cover will not fit the E plate verified by a user on the Tremor boards. So for the current E plate you need the F cover.
Now I’m going to have to look! Those plates are super cheap now
Sponsored