Sponsored

Cat Converter Anti-theft for 2021

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Hello,

Has anyone found an anti-theft for 2021 cat converter? Cat theft is on the rise, will be interested in protecting my property when it's delivered.

Thanks.
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Motion cameras and a shotgun.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Hello,

Has anyone found an anti-theft for 2021 cat converter? Cat theft is on the rise, will be interested in protecting my property when it's delivered.

Thanks.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/anti-theft-measures.2442/#post-55435

Motion cameras and a shotgun.
Expect to lose a lot more than a catalytic converter depending on what state you live in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Diren_Dede

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_David_Smith_killings

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda PHEV & BMW 5 sedan
Occupation
Network Tech
I was shown a $350 rebar cage that is welded under the vehicle protecting the cat at the local muffler shop.

Reason I found out:

2 days ago, 3am woke up to car alarm where I found a thief starting to cut off the cat on my son's Honda Accord.

Just in time to stop them as the final cut was started (rear pipe cut, front partially cut, O2 sensor still intact).

Had my .45 which I was never able to use and a flashlight but the getaway driver got away.

Had it towed to a local muffler shop and they were able to weld it back for $65.

Video cameras were grainy due to darkness and reported to local PD.

Reactions: sbi

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Hello,

Thanks.
Talon garage, however at the moment they are out of stock, they must be pretty popular. It's sad and irritating at the same time that we have to spend so much money just to keep pricks from stealing stuff off our trucks, we go out and earn our money so we can buy nice truck and some jerk steals from us.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I just got my Talons skid plate... I must say, I'm impressed. Seems like quality work to me.
I won't get a chance to install it until next week, but it sure looks beefy enough to convince any would-be thief with a sawzall to move on to the next victim.

I'm not thrilled about adding another 25 lbs to the weight of my truck, but I think the peace of mind will be worth it.

BTW... ordered it on Monday, it shipped on Tuesday and it arrived today (Friday)!

Ford F-150 Cat Converter Anti-theft for 2021 E3FC01A1-30C5-4CDF-99A8-660366AC6459_1_102_o

Sponsored

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4
I’m waiting for them to make more. Also not thrilled about extra weight but I’ll take it off if I ever need that laaaaast 25 pounds of payload. But God bless us if I’m ever in that situation.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I just got my Talons skid plate... I must say, I'm impressed. Seems like quality work to me.
I won't get a chance to install it until next week, but it sure looks beefy enough to convince any would-be thief with a sawzall to move on to the next victim.

I'm not thrilled about adding another 25 lbs to the weight of my truck, but I think the peace of mind will be worth it.

BTW... ordered it on Monday, it shipped on Tuesday and it arrived today (Friday)!

E3FC01A1-30C5-4CDF-99A8-660366AC6459_1_102_o.jpeg

Tell us how difficult it was to install and some pictures during installation - if possible - will be appreciated.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB

E3FC01A1-30C5-4CDF-99A8-660366AC6459_1_102_o.jpeg
Any chance you still have the instructions for this thing?​
I ordered one last year for my PB and finally was getting around to installing, but instructions for the old version are no longer online.​

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Any chance you still have the instructions for this thing?​
I ordered one last year for my PB and finally was getting around to installing, but instructions for the old version are no longer online.​
Unfortunately, I don't. I've since moved from CA to TN and purged... a lot!

One thing I can tell you is that we did have to cut a few spots to make it fit properly. The PowerBoost kit helps with the mount points, but there were still spots that just didn't quite fit. I shot a few videos with my phone... I'll see if I still have them.
Sponsored