Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Any chance you still have the instructions for this thing?​
I ordered one last year for my PB and finally was getting around to installing, but instructions for the old version are no longer online.​
Why not contact Talons directly? They have been very responsive even though they are a small shop. (small for now) I just ordered one with the "mismatched finish" to save a couple of bucks and will be installing it shortly.
Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Why not contact Talons directly? They have been very responsive even though they are a small shop. (small for now) I just ordered one with the "mismatched finish" to save a couple of bucks and will be installing it shortly.

I sent them an email three weeks ago.. no response.

I know they are on the forums, and was searching for a post by them when I found this thread. I did find an old video of the install of the original plate with powerboost adaptors, but its not very clear where all the washers and spacers are meant to go.

Since I already have the old Talon's plate, I will probably stick with it, but nice to know there is an affordable factory option available with the raptor plate

Ben.K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Lariat

I know they are on the forums, and was searching for a post by them when I found this thread. I did find an old video of the install of the original plate with powerboost adaptors, but its not very clear where all the washers and spacers are meant to go.

Since I already have the old Talon's plate, I will probably stick with it, but nice to know there is an affordable factory option available with the raptor plate
I sent them three emails and a DM and never got a response. I ordered a skid plate / catalytic converter shield with the reinforced ribs in early fall and it was a nightmare to install. It didn't come with instructions and the instructions on their website weren't useful for the unit I purchased. It doesn't even look like they sell that particular unit anymore. The shield is solid but like I said it was brutal to install. Personally I will look elsewhere next time. just my .02¢

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB

I sent them three emails and a DM and never got a response. I ordered a skid plate / catalytic converter shield with the reinforced ribs in early fall and it was a nightmare to install. It didn't come with instructions and the instructions on their website weren't useful for the unit I purchased. It doesn't even look like they sell that particular unit anymore. The shield is solid but like I said it was brutal to install. Personally I will look elsewhere next time. just my .02¢

They did finally get back to me, but I haven't had time to install it.

I'll add the info here, incase anyone is looking:

Ford F-150 Cat Converter Anti-theft for 2021 Screenshot (2)

Ford F-150 Cat Converter Anti-theft for 2021 Screenshot (4)

Ford F-150 Cat Converter Anti-theft for 2021 Screenshot (5)

Attachments

Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Hello,

Has anyone found an anti-theft for 2021 cat converter? Cat theft is on the rise, will be interested in protecting my property when it's delivered.

Thanks.
In California it is illegal for a parts depot or junk yard to buy a use catalytic converter without verifiy ownership by the seller. Easiest way to stop the trade in stolen converters. Maybe you can download the text for the law and forward it to your local state legislator.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
In California it is illegal for a parts depot or junk yard to buy a use catalytic converter without verifiy ownership by the seller. Easiest way to stop the trade in stolen converters. Maybe you can download the text for the law and forward it to your local state legislator.
its illegal here to...but it seems to not be a factor of concern for some yards.
Sponsored