First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
IT - Healthcare
I'm sure this is out there but in purchasing a 2024 F-150 PB, what are the best options to purchase an extended warranty. Is it better to wait till the factory one is runs out. If you purchase at delivery, that warranty starts that day - over lapping the factory.. Any input would be appreciated !!!
Sponsored

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I wouldn't buy an ESP at the dealer when purchasing the truck, but would be speaking with Granger Ford about their ESP. Its often at or just above dealer cost. You can double check with Zach, but I believe the ESP gets more expensive the longer you wait to purchase the warranty. Its not really an "overlap", as you will still carry bumper to bumper to 36k miles and powertrain to 60k, but rather you are paying for an extension of the factory warranty. The contents of what is covered past those mileage points is up to you.

At the end of the day, take the truck home and start doing your ESP research with Granger.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
The ESP on a new vehicle will start on the trucks "DOB", when it is purchased. The official Ford ESP will not start on the day you purchase the ESP thus trying to extend it even longer. A 10 year ESP on a new truck you purchased will run for 10 years from your purchase unless it times out for miles first.

If you are on the fence about keeping the truck, then waiting even for 10 or 11 months or 11k miles might be prudent. If however you think you will keep this truck for a long time, there is little benefit to waiting and you could be hit with a price increase while you wait. Price increases are usually small but they are something.

Good luck with the PB and barring mechanical issues, I will be surprised if you are not thrilled with the truck.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
If you are getting a high trim you would want to consider LED coverage.. Also key fob since they are very expensive to buy and program and both coverages is inexpensive. I think it's covered if you lose one? But the ABSOLUTE biggest reason to buy one when you pick up the truck is getting optional 'enhanced first day rental' in case of a warranty claim. You get $60.00 instead of $40.00 per day for 10 days and since Ford does NOT require dealers to give you a loaner vehicle during the 3-36 bumper to bumper period.. I'm getting a zero deductible myself after hearing some dealerships will try to get the deductible if they can't replacte a problem or issue and charge separate deductibles if you bring it in with multiple problems. At Granger's price I think it makes sense to get the best most comprehensive coverage. Florida is a special case for extended warrantys since one can't be "discounted" from MSRP or bought online. Cost for a 8 year 100K zero deductible key fob and enhanced first day rental is over $4,650.00 here and half that in Iowa.

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Here's current costs of ESPs for 22 F150 between years 1 and 3 of ownership.

Ford F-150 Extended Warranty Options 1713308247265-56

Ford F-150 Extended Warranty Options 1713308225161-hb

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Buy esp from Zeigler, Granger etc and get same esp but 1/2 the price
With no crazy dealer markup

pjc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 on order; 2008 Honda Accord
Here's current costs of ESPs for 22 F150 between years 1 and 3 of ownership.

1713308247265-56.png

1713308225161-hb.png
Maybe I am wrong, but aren't those charts comparing $100 to $0 deductible? If so, that is not a useful comparison.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Maybe I am wrong, but aren't those charts comparing $100 to $0 deductible? If so, that is not a useful comparison.
They're not comparing anything. It's simply data

maxhunter

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 xlt fx4
Occupation
IT
Buy esp from Zeigler, Granger etc and get same esp but 1/2 the price
With no crazy dealer markup
Unless you live in Kalifornia, they got the governor to make it illegal to buy your warranty out of state, dealers won't deal on waranty price :-( Cant wait to get out of here!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Unless you live in Kalifornia, they got the governor to make it illegal to buy your warranty out of state, dealers won't deal on waranty price :-( Cant wait to get out of here!
It's also in Florida. If you have any access to an out of CA or FL address, you can get it fairly easily. Many here that live in these states have purchased an ESP from Granger with this method. Good luck.

Sponsored

maxhunter

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 xlt fx4
Occupation
IT
Thank you Kodiak,
Good to know!
I am moving to free state soon, will buy the warranty for my 23 FX4 then.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
There are other ways. Use an address of a friend in another state

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I talked to Maria at Granger about this (Florida resident) .. Florida does not 'allow' online sales but if I buy my truck from them AND am physically in Iowa to give a 'wet signature' there's no problem at all! I didn't feel comfortable giving a out of state address when I bought my new 2015 Honda and run into the same issue. I ended up paying MSRP ($2,000.00) for the Honda extended warranty. But I did factor that extra profit when I made the deal. I don't know the legal workaround in California but for Florida buyers it's perfectly ok as long as you are physically at the dealership..
Sponsored