Sponsored

Livernois Tune or Extended Warranty?

FirstTimeFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Seems like a waste of money to get both. I was dead set on the extended warranty. But, seeing some of the posts about the increased power AND improved MPG makes the Livernois tuning very attractive. Help me think this through fellas.
Sponsored

PPK

First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
One always hope that the truck will go and go.. i think today these $60k items are too expensive to mod. I would do everything to keep the replacement cycle to 6 or 7 years. Yes i think $1500 to warranty a $60k truck is a good deal. As inflation is really on fire.. we may even need to think ten years.. before replacing.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Go Livernois if they have parts.

Inflation and this economy wont last forever.

And the tuned tranny is worth it alone.

The ford powertrains are solid. There is no 5.4 Triton in the line. Electronics fail quick if they are gonna fail. Then last.

Normal maintenance, standard warranty, should be good to go.

I did get a bump in MPG with levernois for my 2019 ranger. But much harder to stay off the pedal, so its a wash.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I went Livernois on my Explorer and afterwards I literally could not even stand to drive the explorer without the tune. I did the full line at the time to include their exhaust, intake, and even had to switch out the maf sensor. When I’d take it in for service I’d change out the maf sensor and put it back to stock. My dealer only ever told me that if I had exhaust issues that they wouldn’t cover it since it wasn’t stock (which was fine because that model year explorer exhaust leaked in to the vehicle) but they never bugged me about whether or not I had tuned it. I feel like if after 10k you haven’t had any issues, and you know you’re eventually going to tune it, then just tune it sooner than later because you will wonder why you waited so long. The amount of miles I put on my vehicles I’ll always hit my mileage before years by a 3/1 margin so I always get the extended warranty just incase, but if I was forced to pick between the 2, then I’d go with the tune and have faith that Ford didn’t sell me a hunk of crap. The Livernois sales guys and tech support may not be the most customer savvy, but they deliver a solid product
I think the Livernois customer support is top notch.

NotMyName

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2022 F150 Platinum
Get the warranty…how much power is enough? let’s say you go from 18mpg to 20mp, your fuels savings will be about $300 per year driving 12,000 miles at $4.50 per gallon.

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Not too man of us here would turn down more power. As quick as our trucks are anyway . For me even if the risk is small , i have way too much to lose if i somehow blow the motor. Ill pass.
Sponsored