Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just did the PCM and ABS updates (they are linked together and the ABS will automatically start when the PCM is completed). Uneventful. Done in 20 minutes, one DTC to clear, all good. Electric mode was inactive for about 10 minutes when driving then it was back to normal.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Definitely a tell tale sign of a PCM update.

EV mode has always appeared to experience something similar to transmission adaptive tables being cleared.
Which, by the way, would be normal as well with a PCM update.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Definitely a tell tale sign of a PCM update.

EV mode has always appeared to experience something similar to transmission adaptive tables being cleared.
Which, by the way, would be normal as well with a PCM update.
I'm very surprised that, that PCM hasn't given you the itch to drop another 50 bucks with Ford! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;)

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm very surprised that, that PCM hasn't given you the itch to drop another 50 bucks with Ford! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;)
I can’t say it doesn't itch a little.
It does. My brain keeps telling me that a Powerboost specific PCM update can ONLY be a response by Ford to address Powerboost specific remedies for known issues.

But the other part of my brain says that if Ford won't divulge exactly what this PCM update is intended to address, then I'm only guessing/tempting that it won't affect my truck in any way, even though I have no personal complaints at all.

I've been fortunate to have gotten what so far has been a trouble free fully equipped (no constraint other than park assist) highly optioned truck. While I AM looking forward to the potential of further refined Lane Keeping/Adaptive Cruise performance (with Bluecruise 1.2) , I otherwise can't think of a single update of any kind that I desire.

Having said all that, if Ford stated this PCM update enables EV in Sport Mode? I'd pay $500 for 2 hours FDRS access and dance a jig on YouTube for all the world to see.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I fully agree, I'm extremely happy with my truck right now as well. Your correct to be skeptical, i am as well. Ford could be more forthcoming with explanations as to what the update corrects, or state that this is simply a building block for eventual future enhancements. Even if it leads to future enhancements, I'd still wait until the entire package is in place to update before signing up on FDRS. I dont want to be trapped in a minefield waiting for additional module updates to complete a package, such as the eventual possibility of blue cruise 1.2

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I just want an APIM update. My XM Presets have always been flakey, but lately they have been resetting back to default every 2-3 days. Gets old having to set them up over and over and over again.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I can’t say it doesn't itch a little.
It does. My brain keeps telling me that a Powerboost specific PCM update can ONLY be a response by Ford to address Powerboost specific remedies for known issues.

But the other part of my brain says that if Ford won't divulge exactly what this PCM update is intended to address, then I'm only guessing/tempting that it won't affect my truck in any way, even though I have no personal complaints at all.

I've been fortunate to have gotten what so far has been a trouble free fully equipped (no constraint other than park assist) highly optioned truck. While I AM looking forward to the potential of further refined Lane Keeping/Adaptive Cruise performance (with Bluecruise 1.2) , I otherwise can't think of a single update of any kind that I desire.

Having said all that, if Ford stated this PCM update enables EV in Sport Mode? I'd pay $500 for 2 hours FDRS access and dance a jig on YouTube for all the world to see.
This is totally anecdotal, but it "feels" like smoother transitions in and out of electric mode after the update and smoother off the line. Could be just placebo effect too. Given that there was an ABS update also, I was wondering if the reports of trucks jumping forward on their own were legit and this was a fix to that issue. I guess we'll never know.

Last edited:

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
This is totally anecdotal, but it "feels" like smoother transitions in and out of electric mode after the update and smoother off the line. Could be just placebo effect too. Given that there was an ABS update also, I was wondering if the reports of trucks jumping forward on their own were legit and this was a fix to that issue. I guess we'll never now.
And now you are just baiting @Snakebitten !!!

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
This is just a guess, but I think the reason the Powerboost tends to get the PCM/ABS tandem for updates is because of regenerative braking.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Having bricked my truck once with a bad BCM update, I totally get the desire to not f*ck with it!
I’d like to see these forums add little merit badges under our user names; bricked BCM should be one of them. I did it once back in 2017, fun times.

:unsure: ‘Don’t f*uck with it’ should be the title of this thread.:LOL:

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Quick sanity check for my '21 302A PB with Pro Trailer
  • Originally didn't have GWM/APIM/TCU updates (no IPC either)
  • Performed the IPMA update (2.5 hours), then a GWM update appeared
  • Performed the GWM update (about 0.75 hours total)
  • Performed the PCM update (kicking off ABS and SOBDM updates) (about 0.5 hours total)
Network Scan performed between update processes

I now have these remaining - is there a preferred order? Update: I attempted ACM, then did HVAC, DDM, PDM.
  • DDM
  • HVAC
  • PDM
  • BCM
  • ACM [just a woofer install]
What procedures do I need to run (once I update all modules)?
  • Image Processing Module A (IPMA) Alignment procedure
  • IPMA - Pro Trailer Backup Assist Camera Alignment procedure (I don't have 360)
  • DDM/PDM - Power Door Window Initialization (appears optional; only if having issues)
  • ???
Sponsored

Last edited: