Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
It makes zero sense why these updates take so long to install! An iPhone can update over a gigabyte file in less than 10 minutes but Ford still can't figure this thing out.
Great to hear these went well with the Nano. I have one but ended up getting a Mongoose. These went MUCH faster the Mongoose. I also have a router in the garage so fast connection which it part of it. I think an iPhone is a pretty simple device compared to these trucks!

Maybe I will return my Mongoose.
Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Sorry. What state are you in? If you are in Kentucky near me, we can get it going.
Hi. I live in Kentucky. Are you interested in assisting others with this process?

I have a 2021 job 1 loaded XLT 302A.
I have the 360 cams and adaptive cruise.

I really want to be able to enable cameras while moving. It’s really interfering with me appreciating my truck.

does anyone know if these new updates fix that for us 302A people stuck on 2.3.0

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Change

7D0-01-01A0810802BDC1
7D0-01-02A300C62BB9A7
7D0-01-03724D25E513B7
7D0-01-0403F4FC2040AF
So I finally got around to changing these in FORSCAN and it says checksum error. I've copied it exactly as here. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
So I finally got around to changing these in FORSCAN and it says checksum error. I've copied it exactly as here. Any thoughts? Thanks!
it will correct the checksum for you, you don’t have to worry.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
it will correct the checksum for you, you don’t have to worry.
It still doesn't work afterwards though. I can only see the hitch view and bed view. Shouldn't I be able to pick the other cameras to view as well? Or did they just get rid of that?

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
You need to reboot the APIM a few times before GUI changes make themselves apparent.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have Amazon Alexa as an option in your Sync settings?
FYI, with Sync 3 Alexa is only available for Americans. I expect Sync 4 will be the same. Don't waste too much time on this because I think we're still locked out by region Eh!

A few years ago I was able to make it work by changing the country code in the APIM, country settings for my amazon account and using a VPN as a test. It was a giant PITA. (Not to mention App Link on Sync 3 is a joke).

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Alexa on Sync 4 any time soon if you drive past a Tim Hortons on the way to work.

Last edited:

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
FYI, with Sync 3 Alexa is only available for Americans. I expect Sync 4 will be the same. Don't waste too much time on this because I think we're locked out by region Eh!

A few years ago I was able to make it work by changing the country code in the APIM, country settings for my amazon account and using a VPN as a test. It was a giant PITA and did no good. (Not to mention App Link on Sync 3 is a joke).

I wouldn't get your hopes up for this feature any time soon if you drive past a Tim Hortons on the way to work.
Ah that’s not great :(

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
FYI, with Sync 3 Alexa is only available for Americans. I expect Sync 4 will be the same. Don't waste too much time on this because I think we're still locked out by region Eh!

A few years ago I was able to make it work by changing the country code in the APIM, country settings for my amazon account and using a VPN as a test. It was a giant PITA. (Not to mention App Link on Sync 3 is a joke).

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Alexa on Sync 4 any time soon if you drive past a Tim Hortons on the way to work.
I don’t use Alexa so I’m not too concerned. Have you notice that the traditional AppLink isn’t available anymore in recent versions of the FordPass app and Sync4? Not sure exactly when it happened but the “Apps” catalog and options are gone.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford App Link is/was terrible. I'm glad Ford did the right thing and killed it, unless if no-visibility of that catalogue in Sync 4 is just a new bug.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Hi. I live in Kentucky. Are you interested in assisting others with this process?

I have a 2021 job 1 loaded XLT 302A.
I have the 360 cams and adaptive cruise.

I really want to be able to enable cameras while moving. It’s really interfering with me appreciating my truck.

does anyone know if these new updates fix that for us 302A people stuck on 2.3.0
Hey dinozero.
It’s pretty much an all day event. At least 7+ hours to get you up to date. That is, if we don’t have any issues.
The only camera that enables while driving is the bed camera and I think the hitch camera. Only the bed camera in the side cards. Not sure if you were expecting all the cameras. That is the only views available while driving.
I don’t mind helping but I will have to find a day that I have nothing going on.

Last edited:

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Ok. Here's how it went today after being stuck at 21281 for a few weeks (302A, with 360, without adaptive cruise)

Had TCU/APIM/IPC updates appear a couple days ago like the couple others with 302As.

1. started TCU -> 169 MB USB update
2. APIM update kicked off automatically next -> 866 MB USB update
3. truck now at 22087 revision 415 (y)
4. GWM update shows up -> 248 MB USB update
5. around 2.5 hours has passed (likely gave extra power off time etc…)
6. IPC update start -> non-USB -> 99198 steps… (oops wasn't quite ready for a long one, should have known from the IPC a few weeks ago :D), been running for 3+ hours now and only half way

So likely ends up being 8-9 hours for these updates (close to what it was to get from 1.6 to 2.3.0 in the first place 🤷‍♂️)

And yes… I've done these all with the Nano still (I know… but I don't have a CCM to brick and avoid network scans so haven't had issues)
This IPC update completed and still at 22087 and no more APIM update showing so I'm guessing I'll have one show up tomorrow 🤷‍♂️

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Checksum error will correct itself.. Just hit right it will auto correct. Checksum is the last two bits of each line I don t feel like calculating the CHecksum for every change when Forscan corrects it

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey dinozero.
It’s pretty much an all day event. At least 7+ hours to get you up to date. That is, if we don’t have any issues.
The only camera that enables while driving is the bed camera. Not sure if you were expecting all the cameras. That is the only one available while driving.
I don’t mind helping but I will have to find a day that I have nothing going on.
If you make the changes in Forscan, you can see more than the bed camera. I can see hitch view, rear view, and bed after making the changes suggested by Jesse-Infotainment.
Sponsored