Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I happily paid for a lifetime subscription
The Forscan community is worth FAR more than that small expense was at the time.
Sponsored

ejosterberg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum, 17 Explorer Limited, 11 Edge
Occupation
Engineer
Are the FDRS licenses per day or per hour. Does a two day license expire at midnight? What timezone? Or do you get 48 hours from a license? My Mongoose arrives today before 10pm, and I'm trying to decide if I activate now or wait until it arrives, or stay up late and activate after midnight?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Are the FDRS licenses per day or per hour. Does a two day license expire at midnight? What timezone? Or do you get 48 hours from a license? My Mongoose arrives today before 10pm, and I'm trying to decide if I activate now or wait until it arrives, or stay up late and activate after midnight?
The two-day license is essentially three days. You get the day you buy it plus two full calendar days after that. To maximize your use, buy your license early in the morning of the day you plan to use it and then start programming right away.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I don't think ForScan offers a free trials anymore for new users.

ForScan Devs changed their licensing a few weeks ago. Now users have to pay for a licence just to access the forums. After purchase new users are provided with an invitation code to access the forums and register their account. Considering the trial licence generator used to be embedded in the forums, I don't know if or how trials will work for new users.

I paid for a 3 year ForScan license so I can't see if trial licences are gone or if they just restructured them.

They can now process international payments again and we can buy licenses. I don't know how they were able to work around global sanctions but it's best not to ask those questions LOL. For now they're back up and running.

Their costs have understandably increased, but I recommend anyone who has ForScan set to expire soon to renew now because nobody knows how long they'll be up for (Russia could switch off their servers tomorrow).

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.09.07 PM.jpg
They do. I just got it yesterday. I had never used it before then.

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
I happily paid for a lifetime subscription
The Forscan community is worth FAR more than that small expense was at the time.
I paid for a lifetime licence too but it's gone forever now. They improved the way it worked over time, but at first if you lost a hard drive you lost the ability to reload the licence key. It happened to a select handful of people, myself included.

I forget the exact problem because it's been at least 4 years, but it had something to do with the first lifetime licences being attached to the hardware ID which followed the physical SSD. Re-downloading the lifetime key would require validation against original old the dead hard drive.

They fixed that issue, but if you were an early adopter you may want to test and check if you can move your lifetime license key to a different computer now so you'll know whether your key is transferable before something happens.

Of course, the Lifetime licenses are no longer offered to anyone.

A month before the war when sanctions were on the horizon I asked if they would make the lifetime keys available again until things settle down. They replied nothing has been ruled out. I respect they have to pay their staff and need to make the best decisions to keep their business alive, but I told them I'd happily pay extra for a lifetime key or 25 year option again.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I asked JIMFOUNTAIN about this on April 7th, he mentioned they did turn.
I was stuck at 21281 (2.3.0) and they didn’t. He may have been updated past that then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Would someone be so kind as to check my VIN? 1FTFW1ED0MFA97746

I was getting updates pretty regularly last year… but everything seems to have stopped since I got to 2.3.0

Sponsored

drwhite29732

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Needing some advice. Amazon is delivering my mongoose today and I already have the FDRS installed and running on my laptop with a 30 day subscription. My plan is to do the bulk and big updates that need battery power supply on Sunday. I was thinking i could knock out some the smaller SW updates between then and now.

So my question to those who have the experience what are some of the smaller updates that I can safely run without the battery charger hooked up? Thinking I will do a few each night and and finish up on Sunday with the bigger ones when I have all day.

Here are my current pending updates. Truck is a job one PB Lariat 802A that is currently at power up 2.3.0

F150_Updates.JPG

Ps: Since I have a 30 day FDRS sub I can help with vin lookups.
here is my vin.
1FTFW1ED1MFA87730

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum

I was getting updates pretty regularly last year… but everything seems to have stopped since I got to 2.3.0
You won't get anything new until they roll out Blue Cruise to people that aren't in the EAP. I was in the same situation. You likely have a bunch of module updates. You'll either need to get the equipment and do it yourself or take it in to the dealer unless you want to wait for them to start doing it OTA.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Here you go, have a bunch:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1651726656813

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
If anyone had a spare moment could they check updates on my truck. I’m curious how my 302A with 360 cameras and adaptive cruise looks.

1FTFW1E88MFA23817