Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Clicking on the APIM module in the vehicle inventory then scrolling down you should be able to see what F188 actually is as reported by your truck after an initial connection.
That’s exactly what I was going to do after logging back in.

EDIT: Just doubled-checked in FDRS. The as-built was updated correctly and matches FDRS. No change in Node F188 after yesterday’s update.
Sponsored

Last edited:

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Speaking of Alexa, I just received an email from Ford saying I now have Alexa with an instruction sheet on how to activate it. Anyone else get one?
Not yet. Is your truck a ‘21 Job1, Job2 or a ‘22?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Speaking of Alexa, I just received an email from Ford saying I now have Alexa with an instruction sheet on how to activate it. Anyone else get one?
Didn't get that but Ford sent me an email letting me know I can get Blue Cruise now. Thanks Ford for your timely action on a feature my truck should have had from the get go.

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Do you have Amazon Alexa as an option in your Sync settings?
I just went out to the truck and looked and I don't see anything. Makes me wonder now what triggered to kick off that email.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Didn't get that but Ford sent me an email letting me know I can get Blue Cruise now. Thanks Ford for your timely action on a feature my truck should have had from the get go.
Of course, you now know what you have to do to get this working. For the next month, you need to say several times a day ”Alexa, Alexa, Alexa” until it spontaneously starts to work. Then run to FDRS and hopefully catch it before it stops working.

Sponsored

phileefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L PowerBoost 302A SCREW
Occupation
Maintenance Electrician
You cant enable alexa without an update. there is no update available

Make 7D0-02-02

4600-0000-40XX

If it doesnt work then it wont show without a later software version. I thought it did work on Job 2 but i may be worng.
Jesse,

I tried changing my job 2 2021 F150 to a 4 and it didn't work. I just wanted to let you know.

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
you make it sound so easy. i am having a hard time spending the $500. I think mine is very close the dealer has done all but three updates to mine but now they have given up and will no longer help.
Sorry. What state are you in? If you are in Kentucky near me, we can get it going.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I just went out to the truck and looked and I don't see anything. Makes me wonder now what triggered to kick off that email.
When it finally does show up in Sync, you will tell Sync to enable it and the screen will generate a code. You then go to www.amazon...... /code and it will prompt for the code in Sync.

Walla! The little blue circle will be nested in the screen sometimes and even when it's not she's still listening.

Ford has not yet imbedded her in Ford Pass yet. As soon as that's accomplished you can use Alexa to perform the FordPass actions. That will be fun to showoff.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
When it finally does show up in Sync, you will tell Sync to enable it and the screen will generate a code. You then go to www.amazon...... /code and it will prompt for the code in Sync.

Walla! The little blue circle will be nested in the screen sometimes and even when it's not she's still listening.

Ford has not yet imbedded her in Ford Pass yet. As soon as that's accomplished you can use Alexa to perform the FordPass actions. That will be fun to showoff.
Alexa already has the Fordpass skill, you can use the Alexa app to do just that. One of the best use case for me is to auto lock my truck at night before bed at 10:30PM everyday. Alexa announces she's locking my truck from the Echo Show in my living room. You can even unlock, start, stop truck too.

I wish Ford would have an option to auto lock the truck when walking away using the key fob proximity. I had that with other cars. For the first few months my truck was left unlocked all day/night until Alexa.

It'll be nice to have Alexa in the truck so I can tell her to open my garage as I'm pulling in or set my AC in the house as I drive home from work.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
I saw this note in FDRS this morning. I guess that was part of my issues Sunday/Monday.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1651605501258
Sponsored