Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
None of those updates did much for my diesel truck and the transmission is acting like its usual garbage self again lately with the colder weather. I wish an update would actually fix the rough shifting nature of these poorly designed transmissions.
Just asking.
Poorly designed in what way?
I think it's more poorly programmed. (software)
I've had the same transmission custom tuned by a guru and it's amazing the difference.

Ford bows at the alter of fuel efficiency to a fault. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Just asking.
Poorly designed in what way?
I think it's more poorly programmed. (software)
I've had the same transmission custom tuned by a guru and it's amazing the difference.

Ford bows at the alter of fuel efficiency to a fault. Just my opinion.
I don't think Ford has spent any time fixing its problems with the torque of this low revving engine. Some days it is great and other days it is a hard shifting and jerky disaster.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
Hi people, please forgive me posting this here, but after almost a week and two pleas for help on the request VIN thread, and others getting an answer after me, I don't know what else to do. Here is what I asked for:

Hi guys, a left-field one here: while I wait for my KR, I've bought a MY22 Ranger XLT (you guys get them next year). Pre-collision assist not available message intermittently. OTA says I'm up to date. Could someone run my VIN please? Fascinated to see if FDRS sees it as valid and if there are any updates listed.
VIN: MPBCMFF70NX440951

Thanks in advance 🙂

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Hi people, please forgive me posting this here, but after almost a week and two pleas for help on the request VIN thread, and others getting an answer after me, I don't know what else to do. Here is what I asked for:

Hi guys, a left-field one here: while I wait for my KR, I've bought a MY22 Ranger XLT (you guys get them next year). Pre-collision assist not available message intermittently. OTA says I'm up to date. Could someone run my VIN please? Fascinated to see if FDRS sees it as valid and if there are any updates listed.
VIN: MPBCMFF70NX440951

Thanks in advance 🙂
Here you go:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1668303314049

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
Here you go:

1668303314049.png
Thank you very much @ROBB1, I'm so happy that I can go my own way with updates and also keep The dealer honest etc. Your help is much appreciated 🙂

Sponsored

Bruce Luebke

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Laramie
OTA history can only be seen with PTS and not FDRS. Your OTA dashboard shows you got 3.5.2, but it also shows you had an OTA trigger that expired on 9/23 for update 2.7.3 (IPC update). There is no error code provided, it just says expired with a mention of server/cloud operation and it does not show it downloaded the files needed for the update. My guess is it failed due to a poor internet connection or a hiccup on the Ford servers. If you are still pending 2.7.3, then yes, FDRS will show a laundry list worth of updates for your truck.
What is PTS and how does one get this access to view Vin information?

Bruce Luebke

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Laramie
I’m dreading this IPMA update… it’s almost 11 PM and it’s supposedly a 3 hour update. I don’t stay up much past 11 anymore in my mid 30’s with 2 young kids haha
Hell pup at 30’s, when kids are sleeping you should be working on #3 or 4. (Grin)

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Of all the updates I eventually applied to my 2021 Powerboost (24 updates in total), I believe the updates relating to PCM/TCM/ABS... etc, ended up what improved the ownership experience most. The truck simply improved drivability and was a nicer truck to drive.
I agree with you ....The truck drives so smotth after these updates

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
What is PTS and how does one get this access to view Vin information?
It's the main technician diagnostic software from Ford. FDRS is pretty much software updates only, PTS is pretty much everything else, service manuals, diagnostics, schematics, etc. Very useful when trying to figure things out and I use it quite a bit from time to time. Actually about to get another 72 hour pass so I can research a few things. Anyone can get into with once you create a account and pony up for a subscription.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct

All Vehicle Lines subscription includes the following information:
  • Workshop Manual
  • Wiring Diagram Manual (also referred to as EVTMs or Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals)
  • Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual
  • TSBs('94-Present)
  • Dealer bulletins for Field Service Actions (Recalls) ('88-Present) where available and applicable.
  • Access to the latest calibration information for emission-related modules.
  • Access to Vehicle Specific Information (available for last 10 model years)
  • Limited Vehicle Line coverage for 1994-Present model years.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
It's the main technician diagnostic software from Ford. FDRS is pretty much software updates only, PTS is pretty much everything else, service manuals, diagnostics, schematics, etc. Very useful when trying to figure things out and I use it quite a bit from time to time. Actually about to get another 72 hour pass so I can research a few things. Anyone can get into with once you create a account and pony up for a subscription.

• Workshop Manual
  • Wiring Diagram Manual (also referred to as EVTMs or Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals)
  • TSBs('94-Present)
  • Dealer bulletins for Field Service Actions (Recalls) ('88-Present) where available and applicable.
Just make sure you get the correct subscription, I’m still trying to get my refund for an accidental purchase of a 1 year subscription

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
So after my update, I'm caught up to 3.5.2 and downloaded 3.5.3 to USB (5GB) but it didn't kick off like all other updates. So I've left the USB stick in and maybe it will kick off but inwas tired of sitting in my truck for hours. I think the only other update left after thus APIM is the TCU.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
So after my update, I'm caught up to 3.5.2 and downloaded 3.5.3 to USB (5GB) but it didn't kick off like all other updates. So I've left the USB stick in and maybe it will kick off but inwas tired of sitting in my truck for hours. I think the only other update left after thus APIM is the TCU.
did you get 3.5.2 over the air ?

Bruce Luebke

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Laramie

• Workshop Manual
  • TSBs('94-Present)
Great thanks a lot, I was able to see the information that theTech said was done, but wasn’t. Now have printouts to show Service Manager. Again Thanks
Sponsored