Sponsored

Disappointed in B&O Unleashed

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Just picked up the 3 month for $0 Amazon music offer.

Flipped over to Dolby Atmos on settings and I know it shouldn't be possible over Bluetooth but it just blows away the fake surround sound from the normal HQ stereo.

Ford F-150 Disappointed in B&O Unleashed Screenshot_20231225-095313
Ford F-150 Disappointed in B&O Unleashed Screenshot_20231225-095139
Sponsored

Jimandaim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 raptor,2018 f150
Occupation
Driver
Ok, how bout this loud booming and hissing that comes with this system.....its a safety issue.....and maybe we should explore this????

mau47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 502A Powerboost FX4
Ok, how bout this loud booming and hissing that comes with this system.....its a safety issue.....and maybe we should explore this????
There is a TSB out there for an update that fixes this issue.

Jimandaim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 raptor,2018 f150
Occupation
Driver
Thank you...thank you....do u know the TBS #
My ford dealer seems to be stumped on this..
I do know this is a safety issue...this noise level...and the fact it's not able to stop it with out fuse pull or shut down truck
Sooooo.....thanks again
Jim S.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you...thank you....do u know the TBS #
My ford dealer seems to be stumped on this..
I do know this is a safety issue...this noise level...and the fact it's not able to stop it with out fuse pull or shut down truck
Sooooo.....thanks again
Jim S.
Here you go.

Attachments

Sponsored

Jimandaim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 raptor,2018 f150
Occupation
Driver
Ok...thaks for that....
I will take it to my dealer and hope he knows what to do
Thanks again,
Jim S.

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 150 Antimatter Platinum FX4
It lacked power and the Sound quality was bad! I'm thinking might need to go test another vehicle maybe this stereo is not working properly.
My "Unleashed" has plenty of power all day BUT I'm told the headrest speakers only work when you are playing Dolby Atmos music ! And I think thats also true of the ceiling speakers ! Ive never heard anything from any of those speakers

rjinaz

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost 701A
My "Unleashed" has plenty of power all day BUT I'm told the headrest speakers only work when you are playing Dolby Atmos music ! And I think thats also true of the ceiling speakers ! Ive never heard anything from any of those speakers
I can hear them on most HD Radio stations. You just have to pull the center fader back a little.
The system sends way to much sound to the center speaker by default. Sounds terrible in my opinion.
Pulled it back to the rear just a tiny bit and that changed everything. I actually like it now.

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can hear them on most HD Radio stations. You just have to pull the center fader back a little.
The system sends way to much sound to the center speaker by default. Sounds terrible in my opinion.
Pulled it back to the rear just a tiny bit and that changed everything. I actually like it now.
Awesome tip. Thanks ! Ill try that in the morning !

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That loud popping as another poster said is fixed with a tsb and a year ago when I received my platinum and that fix was one of the delivery delays So its a year old bulliten at least and any good dealer should be aware of it

Sponsored

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One thing Also that I noticed is that likely since the fix for the loud popping noise , sometimes the system drops into a state where Only the dash speaker works And the fix for that is to switch to stereo and then back to surround sound !

rjinaz

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost 701A
One thing Also that I noticed is that likely since the fix for the loud popping noise , sometimes the system drops into a state where Only the dash speaker works And the fix for that is to switch to stereo and then back to surround sound !
Tried that trick for the low volume on XM and CarPlay. Didn’t do anything. Both of them still sound like garbage compared to HD radio.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Tried that trick for the low volume on XM and CarPlay. Didn’t do anything. Both of them still sound like garbage compared to HD radio.
Xm is probably THE worst thing to listen to on either unleashed system. So much compression for satellite transmission... no good.

Carplay depends on what you listen to. I stream with the high fidelity packages and it sounds great. My wife has all of her music ripped off of cds. Most from over a decade ago, like the early 2000's. The older rips sound horrible. Just nowhere near enough data to run all the channels.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
I can hear my head rest speakers with non Atmos music so that’s not true. Only way I notice them working is by turning my head 90 degrees right or left. The treble gets pronounced in the ear facing the head rest.

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can hear my head rest speakers with non Atmos music so that’s not true. Only way I notice them working is by turning my head 90 degrees right or left. The treble gets pronounced in the ear facing the head rest.
Cool. Im about to try mine ! Do you ever hear sound from the ceiling speakers ?
Sponsored