First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Thanks, never crossed my mind I could plug a stick into it..
It's a very "clunky" interface. I would not use it daily as it does not recognize folders so all the songs are in alphabetical order. No artist naming, for some reason it ignored that and just listed the song names. I put about 5 albums on it while testing. It will display the album art if you have that imbedded into the mp3 file.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
It a very "clunky" interface. I would not use it daily as it does not recognize folders so all the songs are in alphabetical order. No artist naming, for some reason it ignored that and just listed the song names. I put about 5 albums on it while testing. It will display the album art if you have that imbedded into the mp3 file.
Thanks..

Bowtye8

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 CTSV, 2015 F150 Platinium
Occupation
HVAC Manager
I am very happy with the Unleased system!! came from a 2012 sony, 2015 sony, 2018 B&O and now 21 B&O unleashed. I have always been using a IPod(iphone) with a cable. All sounded really good. I had XM and I will ask if you listem to XM and thne try music with a iphone...always sounded 10x better in my opinion.
I just started using spotfiy in the last 6 mths and it compares right up with with a cabled iphone/ipod.

Only complaint is I have the rear window vibration. my 15 , nor my 18 had that issue. So for now I still have a tshirt wedged inbetween the back window and headrest.
I have my EQ settings bass and treb set to max and mid a few clicks above.
I listen to various music from COuntry, ACDC, feetwood mac, to ..country soul(willie jones) or Throw it back by Breland.... just have some good clean bass!!

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Only complaint is I have the rear window vibration. my 15 , nor my 18 had that issue. So for now I still have a tshirt wedged inbetween the back window and headrest.
Interesting. I have noticed a rattle coming from the back of my cab as well in just the last few weeks. I haven't tried to pinpoint it yet, but looks like I'll start here.

Bowtye8

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 CTSV, 2015 F150 Platinium
Occupation
HVAC Manager
Interesting. I have noticed a rattle coming from the back of my cab as well in just the last few weeks. I haven't tried to pinpoint it yet, but looks like I'll start here.
some folks have said the cable track and the window. I have my cable kinda lifted out of the track for now and still a black tshirt pushing on the window.
I thought a saw a post dedicated just to the rear window rattle. Some folks adding extra felt etc. I just have touched it since the tshirt wedge. keep us posted on your findings.
Its a type of rattle when the bass hits hard. volume turned halfway and above.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
some folks have said the cable track and the window. I have my cable kinda lifted out of the track for now and still a black tshirt pushing on the window.
I thought a saw a post dedicated just to the rear window rattle. Some folks adding extra felt etc. I just have touched it since the tshirt wedge. keep us posted on your findings.
Its a type of rattle when the bass hits hard. volume turned halfway and above.
+1 here with the window rattle. It’s terrible.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
+4 for rear window rattle, only seems to happen when I have it open though.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Same here with the rattle, did notice that when rear seats are up, rattle goes away. Truck is due for an oil change soon, will bring this up when it goes in.

Sponsored

JF Potvin

First Name
Jean-François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
Occupation
Perso
remove the volume equalizer in the settings of your phone. me my system is unleashed

Tremor 1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford tremor
Occupation
Carpenter
My system sounds incredible while playing the blues on pandora play a good blues song like bluest blues by Alvin lee and George Harrison or some Steve Ray Vaughn or some EC playing the blues and the sound stage is unreal the only problem is I wish I could turn down center speaker a bit otherwise it sounds great

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
If you rear window rattles, which seems they all do, check out this thread. We've found some solutions to remedy it for now. Ford even has a service document on it as its a known issue and is still trying to find a solution, but it's pretty much due to how the window track was assembled and has too much play in it.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/sliding-rear-window-rattle-help.2722/

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Industrial Equipment Sales
I am also disappointed with the Unleashed system in my 2021 Platinum Hybrid. My 2013 with the Sony system was better in almost every way, and that stinks.

To get something out of the way, B&O is now part of Harmon. JBL and Infinity have been under the Harmon brand for years. Samsung recently bought Harmon so what Ford has is a Samsung Harmon B&O system. Oh, and Panasonic builds the Sync 4 head units.

My gripes are numerous. First, there is no real low frequency response. Then what the system does have is a big hump in response in the 100-200Hz range that makes the music sound muddy. The controls are totally useless and frankly a three-band tone and only balance/fade control is downright cheapo. The contours are poor at solving deficiencies, especially the bass. The system forces a rear-bias setting that jumps the imaging rearward in a non-linear fashion
to stem the biggest problem:

That fault is the inability to turn down the center dash speakers. My '57 Chevy and '64 Bonneville had the same problem with one speaker each. The soundstage is almost always dominated by the center channel, and only if you are lucky enough to hit a HD station where the surround pops up does that change. Add to that a lack of CD input and boy was this a waste of $950.

No doubt a reprogramming could change a lot of these problems. That center speaker is the first things that needs a separate control. The muddy sound is probably baked in, along with the poor sub bass. B&O systems in Audi were brilliant. Harmon systems in Mercedes are too. Even the Harmon/JBL system in my old 2012 Avalon was better than this. Ford and Harmon/B&O need to step up on this one.

And don't get me started on the decision to delete any 12V power source in the cab. "Stupid is as stupid does", said Forrest.

pennst8

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Something important here

Speakers are like new shoes, they are somewhat stiff and your ear may also need to get used to a new sound system.
The speakers will get more bass every hour they'll play by moving more freely and further. You should never make your opinion on a sound system before it played for a certain period of time. The first hour is the worst. then it gets better as time goes... the first 20 hours you'll feel a better system almost every hour and it will get at 95% of it's precision at around 40 hours and max out at about 100 hours. Temperature, music and volume will change these timings but at 50%-60% level and some ROCK THE HOUSE level, it should look like this. This is a somewhat high end sound system so... give it time.

Let it play alone, even tweeters get better

What i can say of mine :
many delicate and subtle notes,
About as precise than the REVEL ultimate in the Lincoln, but somewhat (20%) less powerfull
Ram's is more powerfull but nowhere near as precise.

Hope this helps understand some of your concerns

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/eur/fr/node/410

Enjoy your new trucks :)

sorry for my english, not perfect, i speak french :)
A true audiophile. Most quality speaker companies explain this in their literature.
Sponsored