First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Very disappointed in sound quality it lacks power like the previous Sony system. Not even close to the new Ram sound system. Any thoughts on a fix?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Wow. You’re the first I’ve heard to say that. I’ve loved what I’ve heard from it so far. What don’t you like about it?
It lacked power and the Sound quality was bad! I'm thinking might need to go test another vehicle maybe this stereo is not working properly.

GenXeration

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150, Platinum, 5.0 4x4, Agate Black, BAP
Very disappointed in sound quality it lacks power like the previous Sony system. Not even close to the new Ram sound system. Any thoughts on a fix?
I actually have the 19-speaker Harmon/Kardon in my Ram and I think the 18-Speaker B&O Unleashed sounds better than my Ram. I am extremely disappointed in the regular B&O audio for 2021 though. It sounds pretty bad to me. I kept adjusting the sound but just could not find the sweet spot.

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I actually have the 19-speaker Harmon/Kardon in my Ram and I think the 18-Speaker B&O Unleashed sounds better than my Ram. I am extremely disappointed in the regular B&O audio for 2021 though. It sounds pretty bad to me. I kept adjusting the sound but just could not find the sweet spot.
Wow! I just heard my brothers 2020 ram it blew this Truck away on power and sound quality. I couldn't find the sweet spot I've tried everything. Thinking there is something wrong with it.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Wow! I just heard my brothers 2020 ram it blew this Truck away on power and sound quality. I couldn't find the sweet spot I've tried everything. Thinking there is something wrong with it.
Sound is definitely preferential, but it sounds like something could be wrong with it. I don’t know anyone who would describe the system as not having any power. Let us know what the diagnosis is!

OkieCW

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost, 2017 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Attorney
I’ve been pleased with mine so far but had kids in the truck so didn’t crank it up. I’d like to hear what the diagnosis is.

One question: Can you hear sound from the headrest speaker because we can’t hear anything from them.

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I’ve been pleased with mine so far but had kids in the truck so didn’t crank it up. I’d like to hear what the diagnosis is.

One question: Can you hear sound from the headrest speaker because we can’t hear anything from them.
I'm going to dealer tomorrow and look at another truck with same system. No I can't hear anything out of head rest. Can you hear anything out of headliner speakers? I only hear sound effects out of those and I think that is what they are supposed to do.

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Update to my complaint. After adjusting head rest the sound came on. Tuning to HD radio and not internet or xm the sound is alot better. It's better enough I'm satisfied with it. It's not ear deafening or amazing for a factory sound system like the new Ram. But it will do.

DanS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
By adjusting the headrest what did u exactly do? Raise it up perhaps? I haven't really heard sound out of mine but assumed it was moreso surround-type sound. Reading this thread I guess I need to investigate further to ensure they're working.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
No
By adjusting the headrest what did u exactly do? Raise it up perhaps? I haven't really heard sound out of mine but assumed it was moreso surround-type sound. Reading this thread I guess I need to investigate further to ensure they're working.
No. It rotates fwd. Just rotated fwd and back and started hearing sound out of it. It's not loud but it's a nice accent. Also I did test on HD radio.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
No. It rotates fwd. Just rotated fwd and back and started hearing sound out of it. It's not loud but it's a nice accent. Also I did test on HD radio.
The headliner and headrest mounted speakers are designed to be a supplemental, immersive sound and not overbearing.

Noticing more sound after you adjusted it indicates there could, in fact, be a wiring issue or something.

Just a fun fact/caution, you are not able to take the front headrests out of the seats if you have the Bang and Olufsen Unleashed system.

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
The headliner and headrest mounted speakers are designed to be a supplemental, immersive sound and not overbearing.

Noticing more sound after you adjusted it indicates there could, in fact, be a wiring issue or something.

Just a fun fact/caution, you are not able to take the front headrests out of the seats if you have the Bang and Olufsen Unleashed system.
I'm thinking it could be wire or maybe my radio setting it seams to be more noticeable on HD radio. I'll have to test more.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm thinking it could be wire or maybe my radio setting it seams to be more noticeable on HD radio. I'll have to test more.
Your audio source can make a significant difference. AM/FM will be subpar. Streaming from USB/phone, or Satellite radio should be better.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, so I (finally!) got to test drive a Powerboost (Limited) today. I'll give more review elsewhere but for the B&O unleashed I'll add my review here. Due to covid restrictions in Santa Clara county, we aren't allowed to have the dealer with us so he just handed over the fob, meaning I could CRANK IT.

First, my frame of reference is a 2017 XLT 302a with stock speakers and factory installed kicker sub - and I LOVE that system! I used SiriusXM for my test drive, as I didn't want to waste time pairing. Immediate impression was it sounded way too mid-rangey. In the tone settings, all we have are treble, mid, bass (just like my 2017 XLT). I was able to bump up the treble and bass, and bump down the mid to give it a more equalized sound and I was happy. Then I tried as hard as I could but I could NOT hear anything from the headliner tweeters or headrest speakers. Then I saw the "Surround" option and turned that on. Still did not notice anything from those speakers. It sounded like EVERYTHING was from the center dash speaker even though all the balance/fade was centered. SO FAR - sounds great, but honestly sounds just like my old system as I don't notice anything new as far as sound sources.

THEN I decided to crank it on my drive to really enjoy it. I started to notice that the sub was not as powerful as my XLT (?!?) and then the real disappointment - I could not bump up the bass on the sub without it distorting on the dash and doors. It is like they did not set a crossover at 100Hz or 120Hz, it was like it was throwing all frequencies to those speakers, which is going to really limit what you can do on the sub. I did NOT have this issue ever with my XLT - for whatever reason the dash and door speakers are not overburdened with bass beyond their range and sub handles it, up to my comfortable listening limit anyway. On the unleashed, the bass distorts before I hit my ear comfort limit.

OVERALL: I'm very worried that when I get to play with mine, I won't be able to overcome the bad crossover point issue, and without any noticeable effects from the extra speakers I am not sure I'm gonna even enjoy it as much as my current truck. I will keep my fingers crossed that I'll figure it out when I have more infinite time.
Sponsored