Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Just wanted to add the homelink. Hmm this is a tough one to justify
I hear ya..... I've seen take-offs on eBay from time to time for about half the cost. I bought this for my 2015 F-150 and my Jeep JK. You have to get creative and be handy, but it worked out great.

Homelink Module

Hope this helps.....
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I don't have a picture, but just to the right of that fuse box, behind the larger kick panel is a ground post with a nut, perfect spot :)

The visors have two wires, red and black. I suppose you could grab ground where the visor attaches and only run a red wire to the fuse box. I ran both wires from the drivers to the passenger visor, spliced them together, then two wires down the A pillar to the fuse box - easy, clean, and I didn't goof around with the overhead console or stuff above the mirror. I did remove the overhead console to help fish my wires over to the passenger visor mounting hole. As I said, I put the two wires in that web sleeve stuff all the way to the fuse box.

Fairway Ford
Drivers Sun Visor
Passenger Sun Visor

Once you get past the cost of the visor, it's a nice upgrade. Before the upgrade I had 3 "clickers" ruining the sun visor by leaving imprints in the visor.... I hate that :) To each their own though.....
I agree with you - I had 2 "CLICKERS" in a high teck truck that, with the right options, drive itself down the road, and having these "THINGS" hanging off the visor just did not sit well with me. SO in went the Homelink. I just added the Auto/Start/Stop eliminator. I am done with adding things to my truck as i have it just where I want.

OP
OP
tilefordude

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
You need a different harness under the headliner. The XLT doesn't have the power connector in the wire harness. Been there , done it. Used fuse 35 as well when I added the Homelink to my XLT.
Whats the eaisest way to get the wire to the fuse panel?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I had to buy the matching connector for the visor and added a 2 conductor cable to it. Then ran the wires down the A pillar ..... across under the dash... connected to fuse 35 in the passenger kick panel. I looked at connecting to the wires above the rear view mirror..they are so dam thin for my meat hooks...it was not an option.

OP
OP
tilefordude

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
I had to buy the matching connector for the visor and added a 2 conductor cable to it. Then ran the wires down the A pillar ..... across under the dash... connected to fuse 35 in the passenger kick panel. I looked at connecting to the wires above the rear view mirror..they are so dam thin for my meat hooks...it was not an option.
done
hardest part was finding the 5 amp fuse so i assume with the power to the homelink being on the ignition theres a battery of some sort inside the device to keep the programming?

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Once programed..the settings are " Burned" into a E squared Eprom. Will hold the settings until written over.

cdberkman

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A, Sport, Super Crew, 3.5L
Anyone out there with a 2023? Just traded my 2021 and discovered that on my 2023 Lariat, both Visor mounts (Driver and Passenger) are super loose. I'm talking about the mounts that allow the visors to swing out (on the A-pilar side). Brought it into the dealer and they could not fix them and said that they may have to drop the headliner to see what's going on. My 2016, 2018 and 2021 did not have this problem. The service advisor attempted to tell me that this was normal, but it sure as hell is not normal on a $72K truck. The screws that hold the mounts cannot be tightened. Just wondering if any others are having any similar issues.

Oakstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
For some reason, the part I can find that seems to match (sunroof, black, illuminated) is WAY cheaper than the other parts so I'm leery that it's not actually the right one. I have black sport interior. Is this actually the right part if I just wanted to add illuminated passenger side (make my wife happy mirror lol)?

JL3Z-1504104-SL - Sun-Visor - 2021-2023 Ford F-150 | Eastgate Ford Parts CA (eastgatefordpartscanada.ca)

All the visors that list as compatible with my truck are far more expensive. If it is the right part I will jump on it!

Search Results | Eastgate Ford Parts CA (eastgatefordpartscanada.ca)

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I would send an Email or call them tomorrow to them to confirm this is the correct one. That seems way to cheap for a visor with mirror and lighting. You need the pigtail to connect the lights to power also. I added the Homelink to my truck and bought it through them. It was not that cheap. I am thinking to good to be true.

EDIT: I am thinking someone forgot the 1 between the $ sign and first number...lol

Oakstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
I would send an Email or call them tomorrow to them to confirm this is the correct one. That seems way to cheap for a visor with mirror and lighting. You need the pigtail to connect the lights to power also. I added the Homelink to my truck and bought it through them. It was not that cheap. I am thinking to good to be true.

EDIT: I am thinking someone forgot the 1 between the $ sign and first number...lol
Haha right? definitely feels like a too good to be true situation.

I'll probably just go to my local dealer to get the correct part. There's so many options and I'm not sure the color code I need (I have black sport cloth interior).

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Haha right? definitely feels like a too good to be true situation.

I'll probably just go to my local dealer to get the correct part. There's so many options and I'm not sure the color code I need (I have black sport cloth interior).
Get the correct Ford P/N for your truck and then phone or E-mail different places. Also, check E Bay. I did that when I installed the Homelink. Got it from Eastgate Ford cheaper than my local dealer. Parts line direct 905-547-2521

Oakstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
Get the correct Ford P/N for your truck and then phone or E-mail different places. Also, check E Bay. I did that when I installed the Homelink. Got it from Eastgate Ford cheaper than my local dealer. Parts line direct 905-547-2521
Thanks! Will do.

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
Well I guess I do more looking around under my truck than for which booger to pick!

I had no idea my xlt was lacking that ha!

Luckily no womanz in my life at this time, so that's 1 less weekend project on the todo list
✌
Sponsored